Alidropship plugin automatically assigns tracking ID to freshly placed orders

kukiman

Hello,

I have noticed that recently, just after a buyer places an order, the Alids plugin automatically assigns a tracking number to the order, and sends an email with "thank you for your order", with Tracking ID already in it - a not proper one, some tracking ID from order that has been sent a couple months earlier.

Does anyone else face this issue?

kukiman

Can I get any response from administration or developer's team? It's really annoying, it assigns some out of nowhere tracking numbers to freshly placed orders (I guess it's taking the tracking ID's from the already sent orders on other stores).

Right after palcing an order, a buyer gets an email saying: Thank you for your order,,,, blah blah blah, there are the details of your order, and it says type, price, size color, and it also assigns some tracking ID, even though order was not placed yet..

Attachments

• automat.JPG
    automat.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Real Residual

Yes it happens a lot.

But once you have a valid aliexpress order ID assigned, you won't get a dummy tracking ID. It only happens when you have no aliexpress order ID and for some reason the plugin is retrieving a tracking number out of the blue.

So what we do is simple, at the time of placing the order, if we see a tracking number, we delete it then place the order. Once you have an order ID, then it should be ok.

kukiman

Yes, we can do it, however tracking number is immediately sent to a buyer, he/she then checks it and sees some out of blue tracking number, or that the product was already delivered, that is a big problem actually..

kukiman

I would be really grateful if some admin would jump in to take a look at it, as it happens frequently to users..

Real Residual

As far as we know, the Shipped Notification email is only sent after you have both Aliexpress Order ID and Tracking Number.

So you are saying that immediately after the user places an order, he gets the New Order confirmation email with tracking?

It has happened to us only once, out of 10K orders. For some reason that order got a dummy tracking after the customer placed it, and in his confirmation email there is already a tracking. We solved it by simply telling him it was a system error. Which is true.

Usually we get these phantom tracking numbers on orders that do not have Aliexpress Order ID. Once you have an order ID, it will retrieve the right tracking, and overwrite the wrong tracking. Just when you place the order, make sure the tracking field is empty.

Real

kukiman

It has been over half a year, the problem still constantly occurs and I am almost sure it is very easy to fix.
I am going to report it again to the support,