Alidropship currency switcher issue

Mitt

Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced the issue with prices being converted to USD at checkout while they're shown in a local currency on the product page?
I'm on Cloudflare and using LSCache plugin.

Thank you.

Last edited:

daniel-97

You can set your Default Currency as your desired currency, and turn off the "Currency Location" button to stop it converts into customer's currencies base on their location and just stick with your chosen currency. But there is no other way to just pay with customer's currencies as I know of

Mar

Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced the issue with prices being converted to USD at checkout while they're shown in a local currency on the product page?
I'm on Cloudflare and using LSCache plugin.

Thank you.
It is discussed in the forum many times. In alidropship currency switcher, the product page show the price in the visitor's preferred currency. The cart is showing the store's default currency equivalent. I don't see any problem with it.

Mitt

I consider that as a bad experience for users. One price on the product page, another - at checkout. How do they even know it's just a different currency? I haven't found an option in Alidropship to show currency flags.

And again, I have rounding set to .99 but testing from different locations, prices are not rounded to that, they're shown exactly based on the exchange rate, while at checkout it's back to default price, rounded to .99

It would be a way better experience for users to see prices in their currency and pay in that currency, then Stripe would automatically convert it to the merchant's default currency, without jumping from one price to another, confusing customers.

That's what Shopify Payments do as far as I know. Customers only see one price throughout the whole process. Since Stripe is basically the same platform as Shopify Payments, I'm wondering whether it's possible to apply that in stores which use Alidropship or are we stuck with whatever solution is offered by Alidropship.

It is discussed in the forum many times. In alidropship currency switcher, the product page show the price in the visitor's preferred currency. The cart is showing the store's default currency equivalent. I don't see any problem with it.

Direct Webstore

I consider that as a bad experience
You need to do a little research. This is ALL an old issue and there are many alternative solutions in this forum. There's even one large active thread on it right now. It's right above yours on the home page!

read_002.jpg

But there are also other older threads on currency switchers.

For starters, hit that search function above and start reading. Something you should have done before posting about this old issue anyway, as stated in the READ FIRST STICKY below ...

https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/read-first-before-posting-a-new-thread.14935/
READ FIRST STICKY said:
Before posting a new thread, take a couple of steps to see if your topic has already been discussed.

1) Browse or SEARCH the forum to see if there is already a thread on your topic. This should ALWAYS be your first step.

read.jpg

;)

Last edited: