Adding SKUs to Products

I'm using the Raphael theme and the AliDropship Plugin. I'm reading varying opinions regarding the use of SKU's on products, should I or shouldn't I?
All my products already have a distinct name, and variations are pretty straightforward for each product. Further, I don't see where you would add a SKU in the Raphael theme. I see plugins for auto-generating SKUs in WooCommerce, but not AliExpress. There are also custom themes that seem to allow for the use of SKUs.

Is there a way to add SKU's to products using the Raphael Theme?
Is there an auto-generating plugin for the AliDropship plugin?
If a SKU were added under "Item Specifics", would sites like Facebook detect that as SKU's seem to be one of their requirements for products?

Last edited:
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

I'm using the Raphael theme and the AliDropship Plugin. I'm reading varying opinions regarding the use of SKU's on products, should I or shouldn't I?
All my products already have a distinct name, and variations are pretty straightforward for each product. Further, I don't see where you would add a SKU in the Raphael theme. I see plugins for auto-generating SKUs in WooCommerce, but not AliExpress. There are also custom themes that seem to allow for the use of SKUs.

Is there a way to add SKU's to products using the Raphael Theme?
Is there an auto-generating plugin for the AliDropship plugin?
Hello,

Thank you for your question! AliDropship original plugin doesn't work with SKU. This is why there's nowhere to display this in the Raphael theme.

Thanks for your reply Ekaterina. One of the products I purchased from AliDropship was the Facebook Business Plugin. However, Facebook seems to want you to have a SKU number for the products in your Facebook Shop. Are you aware of this?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Thanks for your reply Ekaterina. One of the products I purchased from AliDropship was the Facebook Business Plugin. However, Facebook seems to want you to have a SKU number for the products in your Facebook Shop. Are you aware of this?
Hello,

Facebook doesn't require to provide SKUs. The Facebook Business add-on uses product IDs instead.