Adding comment box on checkout page

shailferns

Hi,

I have been trying to check if there is a way to add a comment box on checkout page with no luck. Can anyone advise or direct me to a help link to do this. I basically need it for my customers to add some details of customized products im planning to sell.

Direct Webstore

Not with the Original plugin. The only way would be to create a child theme and edit the themes checkout page and add the field with HTML/PHP. Not so easy to do.

With Woo, you could install a Custom Checkout page plugin or use a theme like Flatsome and create a custom checkout page easily.

Many people keep wanting to change things in the Original plugin. They need to realise that with the Original, "What you see is what you get". They need to use Woo if they want to do major customisation and changes.

:)

shailferns

Not with the Original plugin. The only way would be to create a child theme and edit the themes checkout page and add the field with HTML/PHP. Not so easy to do.

With Woo, you could install a Custom Checkout page plugin or use a theme like Flatsome and create a custom checkout page easily.

Many people keep wanting to change things in the Original plugin. They need to realise that with the Original, "What you see is what you get". They need to use Woo if they want to do major customisation and changes.

:)

Thank you for the info. I think having a comment box is pretty basic which most of the web stores use & didn't realise it wont be an option in original(too late to realize) ;-) Ill try writing to them to see if they can add this in their next updates as I have done quite some work in my store & changing to woo would mean starting over again.