Add the same product more than once

Hi, i would like to know how is possible to add the same product more time, this because on aliexpress usually they sell clothing products with many variations, and i would like to separate those variations in different products, this is possible ?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi, i would like to know how is possible to add the same product more time, this because on aliexpress usually they sell clothing products with many variations, and i would like to separate those variations in different products, this is possible ?
You can use Duplicate option.
upload_2017-12-14_17-37-26.png

Copy current product to a new draft , remove variations you don't want and you will get a new product.

Valerio

Hi there, when i do that, the new duplicated product always says either "out of stock" or "duplicate sku".
Can you please explain this further? it is very important for us to be able to split product variations into separate products!
Should we change the product type from "variable product" to "simple product"?
Please help! thanks

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi there, when i do that, the new duplicated product always says either "out of stock" or "duplicate sku".
Can you please explain this further? it is very important for us to be able to split product variations into separate products!
Should we change the product type from "variable product" to "simple product"?
Please help! thanks
If you don't want product to be a variable one, you can change it to Simple.
Then please set a stock , edit the rest information and Save all changes.

Valerio

If you don't want product to be a variable one, you can change it to Simple.
Then please set a stock , edit the rest information and Save all changes.
I can't do that, Woocommerce says: "Invalid or duplicated SKU."

what i need is picking only one variation of a variable product, and create a new simple product with it.
is it possible or not? if so, could you provide a step by step, please?

kindly,
Valerio

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I can't do that, Woocommerce says: "Invalid or duplicated SKU."

what i need is picking only one variation of a variable product, and create a new simple product with it.
is it possible or not? if so, could you provide a step by step, please?

kindly,
Valerio

You can use a 'Duplicate' option:

Безымянный - Paint 2018-01-26 10.55.23.png

When you click Duplicate there is a copy of product is created and you can edit it like you want.

Valerio

Sorry, but still not answered.

How to change a product from Variable to Simple?

Let's say I want this product in my shop as a simple product, without variations (i only want the selected options in the image below). is it possible or not?
screenshot-www.aliexpress.com-2018-01-26-11-12-51-471.png

if i change the product to Simple, then all variations are removed. How do i get it linked with the right variation i want to sell?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Sorry, but still not answered.

How to change a product from Variable to Simple?

Let's say I want this product in my shop as a simple product, without variations (i only want the selected options in the image below). is it possible or not?
View attachment 2611

if i change the product to Simple, then all variations are removed. How do i get it linked with the right variation i want to sell?

Then you don't need to switch to Simple. You can delete variations you don't need :

Безымянный - Paint 2018-01-26 17.19.34.png

Ashme

Hi,

How do i put discount on variable products? when i put discount i "simple product" section i cant set it to variable. Please help.