Abandoned Cart Bug Report

Real Residual

1) There is no "day" setting for the schedule. For instance, my second email is set to 5 hours after the abandoned cart event, it automatically saves as 1 day 5 hours. Same with the 3rd email, it saves as 3 days 18 hours. I just wanted 5 hours and 18 hours. I ended up going back to the plugin > marketing > abandoned cart to make the changes. Note, I put 5 hours for my second email, not 29 hours.

2) When you get the abandoned EMAIL, the message includes escaping slashes, like "I hope you\'re doing great. I\'m just writing to check if you...".

3) It takes forever for a test message to be sent with no indication that process of sending your test email has worked or not. Need a toast notification or something.

4) I cannot change font color and size in the visual editor. What is the point of a visual editor if the most basic font color changes are not included?

5) Since it is an abandoned email, why not allow more dynamic fields? Things such as ((name}} could mean a huge boost in email open rate, such as Hi {{name}}, we are holding your order... or something like that on the email subject. I mean we are asking for a name and it would make sense to include that as well.

6) {{link}} came out as "Your abandoned cart", I don't know if anyone talks like that or if the customer will relate to YOUR ABANDONED cart wording. Just sounds bad as abandoned is a negative emotion word. I think it would be better to display product image with a SHOP NOW button to take them to the cart. Anything other than just "YOUR ABANDONED CART" will be better.

7) I've attached an image in the template and previewed it just fine. I checked my abandoned emails and I do not see the image. It is a coupon image, the center of the email, and I just don't see it. It shows up fine in test emails and previews, by the way.

For these above reasons, especially with the escaping slashes, I have deactivated the plugin until it's been fixed.

RR

Last edited:

Real Residual

Note the "original" abandoned cart function also has escape slashes now... I don't know if this is after the addons or not, but now all my abandoned emails are screwed up and no images will display because of the slashes.:(

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

1) There is no "day" setting for the schedule. For instance, my second email is set to 5 hours after the abandoned cart event, it automatically saves as 1 day 5 hours. Same with the 3rd email, it saves as 3 days 18 hours. I just wanted 5 hours and 18 hours. I ended up going back to the plugin > marketing > abandoned cart to make the changes. Note, I put 5 hours for my second email, not 29 hours.

2) When you get the abandoned EMAIL, the message includes escaping slashes, like "I hope you\'re doing great. I\'m just writing to check if you...".

3) It takes forever for a test message to be sent with no indication that process of sending your test email has worked or not. Need a toast notification or something.

4) I cannot change font color and size in the visual editor. What is the point of a visual editor if the most basic font color changes are not included?

5) Since it is an abandoned email, why not allow more dynamic fields? Things such as ((name}} could mean a huge boost in email open rate, such as Hi {{name}}, we are holding your order... or something like that on the email subject. I mean we are asking for a name and it would make sense to include that as well.

6) {{link}} came out as "Your abandoned cart", I don't know if anyone talks like that or if the customer will relate to YOUR ABANDONED cart wording. Just sounds bad as abandoned is a negative emotion word. I think it would be better to display product image with a SHOP NOW button to take them to the cart. Anything other than just "YOUR ABANDONED CART" will be better.

7) I've attached an image in the template and previewed it just fine. I checked my abandoned emails and I do not see the image. It is a coupon image, the center of the email, and I just don't see it. It shows up fine in test emails and previews, by the way.

For these above reasons, especially with the escaping slashes, I have deactivated the plugin until it's been fixed.

RR
Hello RR,

First of all, let me thank you for this detailed report.
1. There are two time frame options available: hours and days, you can choose either of them in the dropdown menu. Please see the screenshot attached. That's true, you can't choose both hours and days.
2. I could not reproduce the issue you've mentioned. See the screenshot. Have you tried opening this email in another browser? What email service do you have set up?
3. Alternatively, you can create a 0 hours template to test the add-on.
4, 5 and 6. Thanks for your feedback.
7. You are right, images are not sent properly. The issue will be fixed shortly.

Attachments

• abandoned cart.jpg
    abandoned cart.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Yahoo Mail.png
    Yahoo Mail.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

Real Residual

Hi, Ekaterina and the gangs at Alidropship, Merry Christmas!!!

1) The issue is that I specifically saved the 2nd email as 5 hours. It is showing up as 1 day 5 hours. I never changed the selection to "day". It is picking up from the old schedule in the plugin.

2) See below, I tried both Outlook.com and Gmail. email_bug.png

3) You misunderstood what I meant. When you click on "TEST" in email templates (when you create or modify them), nothing happens. You don't know if the test went thru or not. You wait for it and wait for it, and maybe 5 minutes later, a test email appears, that's when you know the test was sent. There should be a message saying "test email sent" to notify the user that the process went through.

Escaping slashes show up after installing the plugin. I may have to restore previous versions to fix this issue.

RR