A warning for those contemplating using 2Checkout.

Direct Webstore

Stripe is much better. Less paranoia. Cons: Limited countries for account signup.

"Stripe", as a business name sounds much more professional for a financial institution anyway. "2Checkout" sounds like a low class budget supermarket chain ... like "Toys R Us" or "Deals 4 U" ... tacky. lol :)

sentinal

Hey thanks for the info, I think for my first store with alidropship I might just stick with Paypal??... what do you think?

Meirzhan

Hi everyone! For me unfortunately there not many options. I have a choice of sticking to Paypal only, or using Paypal and 2checkout. But Through the link provided I can see that many people can't get their money. That's pretty scary. Don't want to fall into that situation but now I am puzzled what to do. I live in Kazakhstan. No option of creating LLC in US for the moment.

Direct Webstore

"Rubbish" means that your claim that "everyone who selects Paypal to pay for their item suddenly leaves (and abandons the purchase) when they have to login to Paypal to make the payment" ... is totally untrue. It's also ridiculous. Why would they even choose Paypal in the first place?

That's not an "opinion". It's just a fact. If it was true ... Paypal would be have shut down and gone out of business long ago.

It was just an untrue statement that may misinform newbies to not use Paypal. Which would be a very bad idea.

So to any newbies reading this ...

50% or so of eCommerce payments are via Paypal.
Paypal is fine.
Paypal is extremely popular.
Paypal is safe and secure.
Many people like using Paypal because of that.

Including Paypal as one of your payment options is a MUST!

NOT including Paypal is just plain stupid.

... but it was just quicker and easier to say "Rubbish"

:)

Last edited:

Seth

"Rubbish" means that your claim that "everyone who selects Paypal to pay for their item suddenly leaves (and abandons the purchase) when they have to login to Paypal to make the payment" ... is totally untrue. It's also ridiculous. Why would they even choose Paypal in the first place?

That's not an "opinion". It's just a fact. If it was true ... Paypal would be have shut down and gone out of business long ago.

It was just an untrue statement that may misinform newbies to not use Paypal. Which would be a very bad idea.

So to any newbies reading this ...

50% or so of eCommerce payments are via Paypal.
Paypal is fine.
Paypal is extremely popular.
Paypal is safe and secure.
Many people like using Paypal because of that.

Including Paypal as one of your payment options is a MUST!

NOT including Paypal is just plain stupid.

... but it was just quicker and easier to say "Rubbish"

I agree with everything you're saying about paypal but there is a glitch in the coding or redirect, that sends people to a login page not a payment page. Seems to be with Chrome. That's why Im losing sales

Direct Webstore

there is a glitch in the coding or redirect, that sends people to a login page not a payment page.

It's not a glitch. They only go to the login page if they are not logged into Paypal (obviously) and/or don't have "Paypal One Touch" activated on their computer. (Paypal will activate a popup asking if they want it activated. Some don't if it's a shared computer)

https://www.google.com/search?q=PayPal+One+Touch&gs_ivs=1

How do you expect customers to pay via Paypal if they are not signed in to it?

And if they are not signed in, and they want to buy a product from you .... they do not "leave" the sign-in page. Like I said ... that's "rubbish"

Seth

It's not a glitch. They only go to the login page if they are not logged into Paypal (obviously) and/or don't have "Paypal One Touch" activated on their computer. (Paypal will activate a popup asking if they want it activated. Some don't if it's a shared computer)

https://www.google.com/search?q=PayPal+One+Touch&gs_ivs=1

How do you expect customers to pay via Paypal if they are not signed in to it?

And if they are not signed in, and they want to buy a product from you .... they do not "leave" the sign-in page. Like I said ... that's "rubbish"

Paypal is supposed to take them to a checkout page where they can enter a CC or login into Paypal. It sends them to a login screen only. Only happens in Chrome it seems. It is a glitch

Direct Webstore

Paypal is supposed to take them to a checkout page where they can enter a CC or login into Paypal. It sends them to a login screen only. Only happens in Chrome it seems. It is a glitch

No. It's not. I suggest you do a bit of research ... on Google. Not here.

Direct Webstore

Well it looks like you may have to just live in your own little fantasy world as I and no one else has this imaginary "glitch". Not even Google knows about it.

But if it cranks your wheels .. fair enough. :)

sentinal

I think it sucks. Many people don't like Paypal. You'd be missing a lot of sales. I've seen a couple of members here that are forced to use only Paypal. I think @Mar is one. I don't think they like it. :(

Yeah well on that note I am applying for a Pin account. I live in Australia so I am hoping it will be accepted, today I hope so then I can get the site happening. Paypal seems to be the middle of the road here

yanast

Hello everyone. I hope you can give me advice regarding my payment policy.

I was advised to write a much stricter policy regarding payments and refunds after 2Checkout refunded money to a customer who actually knew that he ordered. I sent them copies of emails, showing the person communicated with me, but the bank decided in his favor. They did not send me a copy of the bank statement regarding this issue. Terrible customer support and policies!!! Now my account in 2Checkout is negative. I need to turn on the credit card payments again, so after a few payments from customers I will be able to cover the negative amount and then I will stop working with this terrible company (I would never recommend it to anyone!!!)
But before I turn the credit card payments again, I was advised to write stricter payment policy and to send it to 2Checkout to sign it and protect myself better against people who want to "buy" products for free.
I wanted to ask you do you have experience writing such policies, maybe some examples which can help me write it?