4 months on - Finally found my groove

GymJim

Hey all,

I thought I would share a little bit my own journey. I actually purchased the plugin back in May and had the store set up within around 3 or 4 days.

I went for a bit of an odd niche, that I would never pick again! It's one of those niches that have very little... passion. And people only buy if you get your marketing exactly right.

So, how have I done? Around 1.2k of sales to date (as you can see, most items sell for £10 or so)

upload_2017-8-10_12-33-35.png

But, as you can see, the site was dormant and not really making any money or doing anything for nearly 2.5 months. Mainly due to not having the correct adverts set up and not really finding the correct products.

upload_2017-8-10_12-34-21.png

Updating the site, new products and a new approach.

From the 1st of June, I actually looked back on the website and had a major rethink about how the website looked and what I was selling.

From the 1st of June the average conversion rate actually increased!

upload_2017-8-10_12-36-39.png

Another month, another new change. So July came round and I realised I was basically spending money on nothing. So I sat down, looked up a few free courses on Facebook adverts and started again!

As you can see, the average conversion rate dropped down to 2.19, but you can also see the majority of my sales have come in the last 1 1/2 months of the site being live. I now only run a few adverts, mainly aimed at 1 product (by far my best seller and pretty much accounts for £700 of the 1.1k of revenue.

upload_2017-8-10_12-38-7.png

The last 15 days? I have again replicated and honed in the adverts that I had running, I have also started to turn on new adverts, with new sales coming in today. Again you can see the last 15 days have again been the busiest, accounting for well over 1/2 of the whole websites lifecycle!

Most orders are of only 1 item, I have started to correct this with more cross-selling (I had never really set these up) and more tidying up my the website to show fewer images.. especially as AliExpress loves to just show images!

upload_2017-8-10_12-42-12.png

The future?

I have now found 2 niches that I really want to get into - 1 is very saturated, and you see adverts all over the place...but the adverts are usually crap and I will be pretty much just selling around 6 focused items but adding around 100 items to the store in total, with the aim for smaller cross sells.

The other niche is more close to home, and comes with a lot of passion and a huge following that love to buy stuff! So we will see, maybe I will be back sharing more of how I have got on in the future.

larrysy

Another month, another new change. So July came round and I realised I was basically spending money on nothing. So I sat down, looked up a few free courses on Facebook adverts and started again!

Thanks for sharing. May I ask which free courses you took?

GymJim

Thanks for sharing. May I ask which free courses you took?
I mainly just googled around, they will soon find you (as most of them share their pixels or target other pages... so if you hit one pixel I can guarantee that you will start to get retargeting ads showing you other courses).

The courses will charge you, but if you watch the long sales BS videos you will pick up information on how to run Facebook ads or Instagram ads. :)