⚠️⁉️ Still no Video on Gallery? ⁉️ ⚠️

macsoft

I'm Sorry guys, but I really need this fixed.
Original dropship plugin with Dali theme.
My store relies heavily on video content and your option is THERE sitting in the gallery, but it still does not work?
Tested Youtube or Vimeo links and none work. But if its a video link imported from aliexpress from one of their videoservers, it works.
But I need to use my own videos! I can't upload them to the gallery, or I'll run out of space really fast.
Please make this a priority on the next update.
I started this dropship adventure based strongly on my video editor skills to create content and this bug is really affecting my products.
Thank you.

macsoft

when its a video imported from and Aliexpress product, it cuts the "http:" part on the link. But this one works!
Maybe that's a lead to resolving the problem.
Tried cutting the same "http:" from a youtube or vimeo link, and it still does not work...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 19.09.57.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 19.09.57.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 14

macsoft

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
Annoying Emojies, ^&#@@#!&*, UPPERCASE, Bold, HUGE! ... Doesn't work for spam emails either. They also never get replies. ;)
ye... problem is, this is not my first post about this. And even worst, I'm not the first to report this bug. There are reports as far back as May. And none of them got solved either. Emailing to Support didn't worked either. A "⁉️⚠️" post is my last desperate resort, as my store depends on this video feature.... But, not hoping for much this time either :( ( is the sad emoji allowed? )

Direct Webstore

Alternatives mate, alternatives. They have been discussed already ... get to work. Or continue to wait. Up to you.

But there's no way I'd have waited this long without trying a few alternative video embedders. The free ones first, of course. ;)

Don't ask which to try, I use Woo and don't have this problem.

macsoft

Alternatives mate, alternatives. They have been discussed already ... get to work. Or continue to wait. Up to you.

But there's no way I'd have waited this long without trying a few alternative video embedders. The free ones first, of course. ;)

Don't ask which to try, I use Woo and don't have this problem.
I cant find no alternative that gets me the video on the gallery like this is supposed to do..
And I'm not gonna change the whole system just because of one think that is supposed to work way before there were woo.

Direct Webstore

Has I said 2 posts ago "Emailing to Support didn't worked either"
Sorry, it got lost in all the A "⁉️⚠️ A "⁉️⚠️ A "⁉️⚠️ .. hard to see. You really should just try the normal alphabet. Much clearer. ;)

Next step, go to the home page and start a conversation with any staff member you see online there.

macsoft

Sorry, it got lost in all the A "⁉️⚠️ A "⁉️⚠️ A "⁉️⚠️ .. hard to see. You really should just try the normal alphabet. Much clearer. ;)

Next step, go to the home page and start a conversation with any staff member you see online there.
Do you mean: you got so lost on dissing my emojis that you just didn't read the rest? ;)

Georgy

Sorry George, what week is that? can you give us a hint?
thanks
Hello! My apologies for the answer delay. Unfortunately, there is no option to upload Vimeo/YouTube videos (AliDropship Original plugin). You can use the 'Insert from URL' for mp4 AliExpress videos.

'Insert from URL' - that feature for images is being fixed with the last release.

Best regards,
George

Georgy

Sorry George, what week is that? can you give us a hint?
thanks
Hello! My apologies for the answer delay. Unfortunately, there is no option to upload Vimeo/YouTube videos (AliDropship Original plugin). You can use the 'Insert from URL' for mp4 AliExpress videos.

'Insert from URL' - that feature for images is being fixed with the last release.

Best regards,
George

macsoft

George

I'm sorry George, I don't know if its because of the language barrier, but something is going on in understanding this simple problem:
No one want to UPLOAD Vimeo/YouTube. I don't want to UPLOAD ANY VIDEOS, that is the problem! And I don't want to use AliExpress videos (gotta remove the chinese branding). For AliExpress videos, the 'Insert from URL' works with no problem. The videos from AliExpress play ok in the product gallery, and they are NOT transferred to my Media of my server. Now do the same for Vimeo/YouTube please.

I want that the 'Insert from URL' VIDEO work for youtube/vimeo videos, like they do for AliExpress videos.

I can't transfer 2000 videos to my Media so that they can play. My server space would run out very fast.

just fix the 'Insert from URL' video, AS IT SHOULD WORK. How hard can it be? If we can do it as EMBED at Product Description, how hard can it be to make it EMBED in the product gallery?

I just don't understand that each time you or your colleges respond to this, you still didn't understood what the problem is.
AGAIN: didn't you said it would be fixed THIS update?
Thank you.

'Insert from URL' - that feature for IMAGES is being fixed with the last release.
For IMAGES? I never knew this was broken, and I never asked for it to be fixed, i don't know why are you referring to this.

Last edited:

Georgy

Hello! Thank you for reaching out.

So in one post you say it isn't supported, and here you say its working properly?
There was an issue related to the 'Insert from URL' feature. That is why I texted you before, about exactly that feature will be fixed with the next update.

For AliDropship Original Plugin there was no way to play YouTube/Vimeo videos in the Gallery. I have passed your request to the development team. We will try to make the gallery be able to play videos from Vimeo/YouTube/Etc.

Best regards,
George