Is it possible to convert AliDropship-built store

jarhead

2 years ago I had a custom store built by AliDropship, had it hosted for a bit and then life got in the way. I did not renew hosting and wonder what happens to the store in that case. I do not want to dropship from AliExpress and have questions I am hoping someone can answer.

1. Is it possible to "convert" the store dropshipping items from eBay instead of AliExpress?
2. If answer to question #1 is yes, can I change a niche?
3. Is the AliDropship plugin sellable to someone else?

jarhead

Chris,
Can you please elaborate on the "no" to question #1. If it's a Wordpress-built store, can't I add an Ali2Woo eBay plugin and import products from eBay into the store after deleting all the products originally imported from AliExpress?

BaB

If you delete all items from Aliexpress, and if you deactivate the Alidropship plugin you are practically creating a new site. In that case, you can install Ali2woo eBay and choose the niche you want because you are starting from scratch again.

chris37

Chris,
Can you please elaborate on the "no" to question #1. If it's a Wordpress-built store, can't I add an Ali2Woo eBay plugin and import products from eBay into the store after deleting all the products originally imported from AliExpress?

With the plugin you mentioned you can .. but with alidropship plugin you can not import item form eBay in your website.

But why you will ever do that.. most of the eBay dropshippers they use aliexpress products.

chris37

If you delete all items from Aliexpress, and if you deactivate the Alidropship plugin you are practically creating a new site. In that case, you can install Ali2woo eBay and choose the niche you want because you are starting from scratch again.

Not exactly.. is better he create a fresh Wordpress installation for he doesn’t have those unwanted files in the database that can have negative effect in the total website performance.

jarhead

With the plugin you mentioned you can .. but with alidropship plugin you can not import item form eBay in your website.

But why you will ever do that.. most of the eBay dropshippers they use aliexpress products.
I am aware that AliDropship plugin cannot import from eBay - I would replace it with Ali2Woo plugin which can import from eBay.
The reason I don't want to dropship from AliExpress is because most items ship from China and it takes way too long to get to US; eBay sellers ship most items from US.
My store's niche was exercise equipment which I want to change entirely to something else. Is it foolish to delete all the products and try to convert the Wordpress store to something else instead of starting fresh? My goal is to try to save some money by using what I already have.

chris37

Is it foolish to delete all the products and try to convert the Wordpress store to something else instead of starting fresh?

Foolish No. But a fresh Wordpress site installation it will be way faster because of the lighter database . Even if you delete plugins from your website the data are not deleted, are store in the database . So a fresh Wordpress site is the optimal way to go.

jarhead

Foolish No. But a fresh Wordpress site installation it will be way faster because of the lighter database . Even if you delete plugins from your website the data are not deleted, are store in the database . So a fresh Wordpress site is the optimal way to go.
Understood... and thanks for your insight. Is there anything that I can do with the store or is that just a loss? At least I can try to sell the AliDropship plugin.

jarhead

When you buy that store or plugins .. they sent you your license key in your emails .. ofcource you have it , other way you will not have build you store.
I am such a fool... I thought you sent me an email. Yes, I should have the license key.

I asked:
"Since it's not hosted anymore, who has the actual Wordpress code?" What I meant is how do I access the actual store itself?