After Product import, "Additional information Tab" from Product page is not visible and so, not editable in WooCommerce/Products/Edit database.

usoboki

"Specifications Tab" together with the "Description and Customer Reviews" Tab, exists on every Aliexpress Product Page. See the red arrow on the 1. picture below.

Aliexpress Specification tab.jpg

But after the Product is imported to the WooCommerce store by the "Alidropship for Woo plugin", the "Specifications Tab" changes its name to "Additional information tab" and is seen on my WooCommerce Store's "Product Page" correctly. See the red arrow on the picture below.

WooCommerce store Aditional information tab.jpg

But at the same time this "Additional information tab" is not visible and so, not editable in my WooCommerce/Products/Edit database.
WooCommerce store Edit Product.jpg

I have installed all the latest updates of WordPress, WooCommerce, AliDropship, AliShipping plugins, and extensions so it seems odd to me.

Have any of you already experienced this and may have found a solution?
This tab must be hiding somewhere in the Woo database but, how to reach it for editing?
Thank you very much

Last edited:

chris37

Does anyone know the cause of this?
Is not an issue, This is the way woocommerce work. Depending on your theme it can be changed easily from the front end or if your theme doesn't have this functionality you must create a custom code snippet for you to change it in the name you prefer.

usoboki

Is not an issue, This is the way woocommerce work. Depending on your theme it can be changed easily from the front end or if your theme doesn't have this functionality you must create a custom code snippet for you to change it in the name you prefer.
Are you sure? I really don’t see a connection to the theme. But where should I insert this snippet you mention?

After all, the theme nicely displays the mentioned data in the tab. I conclude that this tab information must exist firmly in a database controlled by the WooCommerce plugin. It seems more like a flaw in the WooCommerce Edit / Product database than in the theme. The product editor should be able to display this information.

As an administrator, is it possible to access and edit raw product data records elsewhere in the database?

Thanks

BaB

As an administrator, is it possible to access and edit raw product data records elsewhere in the database?
You can view and edit the contents of the 'Additional Information' tab when you edit the product and enter the 'Attributes' settings.

chris37

You can view and edit the contents of the 'Additional Information' tab when you edit the product and enter the 'Attributes' settings.
Hello BaB , Yes he can edit the content but not the name itself 'Additional Information" it can change only if you use a theme that allows that or with a custom snippet.

BaB

Hi Chris,

It seems to me that he asked how to edit the contents of the tab. Maybe I misinterpreted his question. If he just wants to change the tab name, there are plugins designed for that.

usoboki

Hi Chris,

It seems to me that he asked how to edit the contents of the tab. Maybe I misinterpreted his question. If he just wants to change the tab name, there are plugins designed for that.
It's true, it suffices for me to just change the values in the attribute fields of the "Additional Information" tab. I don't need to change the name of the "Additional Information" tab itself.

I have already tried this and it works as you said. In Edit Product / Product data / Attributes, I found the attribute from "Additional Information" tab, I was looking for and manually changed the data.

Thank you , thank you very much. I am really grateful to you for the information provided, because you saved me a lot of hours or maybe days, before I could find it myself.