invoice e-mail problem

dbpopescu

Hi there, Mihai's partener here and I'd like to say no it doesn't make any sense because the customer sees one currency throughout the whole website and then gets an email with quotes for shipping and prices in a whole other currency when he/she should be getting it in the currency they saw and clicked buy on the website. What currency the payment is made in is relevant only on the payment page as it will most likely show a conversion value to the customer's currency while the email does not.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi there, Mihai's partener here and I'd like to say no it doesn't make any sense because the customer sees one currency throughout the whole website and then gets an email with quotes for shipping and prices in a whole other currency when he/she should be getting it in the currency they saw and clicked buy on the website. What currency the payment is made in is relevant only on the payment page as it will most likely show a conversion value to the customer's currency while the email does not.
The customer receives the notification with currency that he paid with.

dbpopescu

The customer receives the notification with currency that he paid with.

And what if the option is cash on delivery thus the customer will pay in RON in our case but the confirmation email will come in EUR / USD won't that be confusing ?

And while we're on the subject the multiple currencies conondrum creates more discrepancies when shipping is added.

Here's an example:

k4EPQod.png

Ya see how this might mess with someone's perception ?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
And what if the option is cash on delivery thus the customer will pay in RON in our case but the confirmation email will come in EUR / USD won't that be confusing ?

And while we're on the subject the multiple currencies conondrum creates more discrepancies when shipping is added.

Here's an example:

k4EPQod.png

Ya see how this might mess with someone's perception ?
If you select RON in General settings of AliDropship plugin as a payment currency - your notification will be in RON also.

Andrei Mihai

when it will be fixed?
otherwise we will have to buy another plugin...
But if you make the necessary adjustments we will buy for 2+ more sites.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
when it will be fixed?
otherwise we will have to buy another plugin...
But if you make the necessary adjustments we will buy for 2+ more sites.
If email notification will be sent with currency that you set as a default in wordpress admin area it will not make any difference. Let's say you have several currencies on your site - customer choose euro and pay with cash of delivery in euro, he will get a purchase notification email with dollars (as a default currency). So, what's the difference then? Could you please explain me why do you want to change it to default currency?

Andrei Mihai

Do you even bother to read what we are writing?
IF WE PUT US DOLLAR WE WILL HAVE INVOICES IN us AND WE NEED THEM IN ron, AND PAYPAL DOES NOT ACCEPT ron.

WE NEED TO HAVE RON FOR INVOICES AND USD ONLY FOR PAYPAL.

Vitaly Kukin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone.

When deciding on currency in notifications, we were guided primarily by the fact that payment is made through a payment gateway with which you have concluded a service agreement.
Most payment systems allow their customers to accept payments in only one currency (most often due to the laws of the country of residence).
I will give a simple example. You sell products in India, while the payment currency is set in USD, the exchange rates are updated daily, from the payment to the sending of the order to the client passes several days, at which time the exchange rate in which the client was buying changes, so the client will receive a letter with the already changed course and you are tortured explaining why this happened. Moreover, he will pay for the purchase in USD and exactly the USD will be written off from his account, and the notice of writing off from his bank or PayPal will come in USD.
In the database, to simplify the calculation, the payment currency is used, this is done so that the hosting provider that you use do not write to you angry letters that you exceed all possible limits.

Now about the important aspects. Before you breed holivar, insult and rude (in particular Victoria), you should take a look at the question and describe your problems in full. We stand for constructive communication and do not accept boorish treatment of our colleagues.

Andrei Mihai

i think i explained verry well and with pictures.
please stop sending me examples.
i do not sell outside romania.
Stop thinking about my provider, my anything and provide a fix for my curency problem as described.
if not, tell me that is impossible and stop wasting my time with stupid answers and explinations.

is it possible to have ron store curency (only ron) and automatic conversion to usd/euro when a customer pay via paypal? yes/no, is it so hard to provide one answer to this?

if yes, please iluminate me how!
if not, i will chose another plugin for my online stores and be done with this 100days support forum answers.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
i think i explained verry well and with pictures.
please stop sending me examples.
i do not sell outside romania.
Stop thinking about my provider, my anything and provide a fix for my curency problem as described.
if not, tell me that is impossible and stop wasting my time with stupid answers and explinations.

is it possible to have ron store curency (only ron) and automatic conversion to usd/euro when a customer pay via paypal? yes/no, is it so hard to provide one answer to this?

if yes, please iluminate me how!
if not, i will chose another plugin for my online stores and be done with this 100days support forum answers.
You can settle only RONs in your admin area. Conversion will be done at PayPal's side.
FYI: https://alidropship.com/codex/how-do-i-change-my-currency/