Laptop or Tablet filling orders while traveling

pearstar

Hello,

I am planning to buy a small laptop or tablet while I go traveling so I can still fill in orders + answer emails. I am thinking tablet is cheaper, takes less room, has longer battery life.
Any suggestions? I am getting roughly 15 orders per day.

NerJuikol

Which RAM to choose
RAM varies from 2GB to 32GB depending on what your computer is doing, but the Ryzen 2600x is the best choice. Here's a rough list of how much RAM is right for what purpose:
If a PC is used for gamers, the amount of RAM varies from 16 GB or more, but should not be less.
To work in professional programs and applications, it is better to have 8-16 GB of RAM in order to exclude freezes and crashes during work.
For a model designed to work in an office, or access the Internet, use standard programs and small applications, 4-8 GB are enough.

Direct Webstore

A small NETBOOK. Here's WHY

1. A netbook keyboard is MUCH more comfortable to use than an annoying pop-up on-screen tablet keyboard when you are placing orders and correcting addresses etc. ESPECIALLY when being bumped around on a bus or train.

2. A netbook or laptop sits MUCH more comfortably on your "lap" than a tablet does when "traveling". Basically netbooks and laptops were DESIGNED to "travel". Tablets were designed to have fun with at home.

Those are the ONLY reasons you need, but here are some more ...

3. You may want to import a product or two. Can't be done with an Android/Apple tablet.
4. Netbook's battery life is just as good as tablets.
5. Netbooks with Windows/IOs are MUCH more versatile for a business if you're traveling function-wise.
6. It's just more professional, for God's Sake ... lol ;)

Which RAM to choose
RAM varies from 2GB to 32GB depending on what your computer is doing, but the Ryzen 2600x is the best choice. Here's a rough list of how much RAM is right for what purpose:
If a PC is used for gamers, the amount of RAM varies from 16 GB or more, but should not be less.
To work in professional programs and applications, it is better to have 8-16 GB of RAM in order to exclude freezes and crashes during work.
For a model designed to work in an office, or access the Internet, use standard programs and small applications, 4-8 GB are enough.

All of this is totally irrelevant and a bit of a wank. You're not playing games, you're running a business which primarily involves mostly low resource internet/browser use.

Tablet does the job
WHY? We're not mind readers. You have to formulate reasons in that brain of yours, use the keyboard, type things on it, and tell us WHY. Unless you're using an on-screen tablet/phone keyboard and it's a hassle to use. LOL

Last edited:

Mar

The OP indicated that the gadget is for dropshipping business, particularly with alidropship plugin. How in the world would a tablet fit the purpose when even the alidropship extension cannot be installed? If size is a factor of the suggestion, a small laptop and a tablet would be more or less the same.

Direct Webstore

That idea still has these problems ...

1. A netbook keyboard is MUCH more comfortable to use than an annoying pop-up on-screen tablet keyboard when you are placing orders and correcting addresses etc. ESPECIALLY when being bumped around on a bus or train.

2. A netbook or laptop sits MUCH more comfortably on your "lap" than a tablet does when "traveling". Basically netbooks and laptops were DESIGNED to "travel". Tablets were designed to have fun with at home.

Running my business "comfortably" is important to me. I'm getting old. lol ;)

chris37

Yeah, a tablet should perfectly satisfy your needs, but it will be more practical to buy a laptop. First of all, a good tablet costs a lot of money, usually even more than a laptop. Secondly, you can’t do many things using a tablet. Sometimes, believe me, you will need to insert a USB stick with an important file on it, and you will blame yourself because you didn’t choose a laptop. The best thing to do right now is to visit https://pcinternational.co.za/product-category/laptops/laptops-by-brand/dell-laptops/dell-vostro/ and to compare prices and devices. In my opinion, it is much better to buy a cheap laptop instead of a tablet.
SPAMMER

A

aribmass

Hi there. A laptop or tablet is a great way to stay connected while traveling. A tablet is typically cheaper and takes up less space, but a laptop usually has longer battery life.
Some things to consider when choosing a device include the type of work you'll be doing (e.g., if you'll need to type a lot or use design software), how much storage you'll need, and whether you need a physical keyboard.
A tablet might be a good option if you mainly use the device for email and basic web browsing. These good lightweight laptops for students are a great fit for traveling purposes.
Whichever option you choose, be sure to get a case or cover to protect your device while you're on the go.
Happy travels!

H

hrenmalin

Choosing between a laptop and tablet for traveling can depend on the nature of your work. Meanwhile, food choices are equally important. Knowing local best eats and cuisines can not only be enjoyable but also provide the fuel needed to keep productive. You can see it there, where you'll find curated tours that can help familiarize you with the local food scene, making your stay productive and delicious.

Ushuaya

A tablet could indeed be a convenient option for filling orders and answering emails while traveling. They're typically lighter, more compact, and offer longer battery life compared to laptops. Plus, they often come with touchscreens, which can make navigation and multitasking easier on the go. However, if you need to work with spreadsheets or run specific software, a laptop might offer more versatility.
If you're still exploring options, I have a suggestion. Also, I think I found the best laptop for Lightroom and Photoshop. Let me know if you're interested, and I can share more details.