What do you think about the perfume niche?

chris37

Hi,
It's good? bad?

Regards.

If is good nobody gonna say to you! If Is bad again nobody gonna say to you.
Niche is something everybody here try to keep it as secret is possible for obvious reasons!
Check the alidropship blog site have very nice article about your question.

Direct Webstore

This has been discussed before in this forum.

It stinks. Pun intended. Some things need to be tried before they're bought and perfume is one of them. We still can't reproduce fragrances digitally yet so we could have digital "scratch and sniff" panels in the product description area. lol

And God knows what cheap perfume imported from China will smell like. You may get many refund requests.

If I was a woman, it would be so easy to pop down the road to a department store and sample all the perfumes there and get it that day. I'd think twice about ordering the stuff online, waiting weeks for it to arrive, and having no idea what it smells like.

Actually, I remember someone trying to sell a perfume store here before. They said they had "No time to run it". The reason given for selling stores 99% of the time here. lol You don't rush to sell successful stores. ;)

My opinion? Forget it.

Last edited:

ChaoscripT

This has been discussed before in this forum.

It stinks. Pun intended. Some things need to be tried before they're bought and perfume is one of them. We still can't reproduce fragrances digitally yet so we could have digital "scratch and sniff" panels in the product description area. lol

And God knows what cheap perfume imported from China will smell like. You may get many refund requests.

If I was a woman, it would be so easy to pop down the road to a department store and sample all the perfumes there and get it that day. I'd think twice about ordering the stuff online, waiting weeks for it to arrive, and having no idea what it smells like.

Actually, I remember someone trying to sell a perfume store here before. They said they had "No time to run it". The reason given for selling stores 99% of the time here. lol You don't rush to sell successful stores. ;)

My opinion? Forget it.

Thank you so much for your great answer.
I asked here to get as dropship opinion, but if I were open/build it I will use USA supplier.

About the niche, there is any good way to find good niche?

Regards.

Direct Webstore

is any good way to find good niche?
There is a mountain of documentation and videos as high as Mount Everest out there in Google and Youtube land about that. There are way too many methods to discuss here. Besides, it's already been discussed ... everywhere.

But you could start with the Alidropship Blogs via the link in the top forum menu above.

But learning about methods to choose a niche alone is not enough. You also need, logic, imagination, common sense and be able to be objective (i.e "think like a customer")

Direct Webstore

is any good way to find good niche?
But as a very rudimentary start, if you have any ideas like, "Dragons", for example (Selling dragon stuff, dragon jewelry, posters, statues etc), then type "dragons" into "Google Trends" ... https://www.google.com/trends/ .. and it will display graphs indicating how much interest people have in it.

You will find information on using tools like Google Trends in the Alidropship Blogs I mentioned above.

Good Luck.

Direct Webstore

trend graph of US
The interest or popularity of the country "U.S"?

I have some interest in the U.S. Sometimes I check out the news on TV to watch its whole society being led down the toilet by an overweight carrot in a blonde wig. According to that graph, many other people do too. It's like watching a long drawn out train wreck. ;)

Last edited:

Harry Payne

I think Perfume niche is
Niche perfumery is an alternative to mass perfume production. Niche is limited by the clientele and therefore with a limited sale range, thus the goal of niche houses is not to sell as much as possible.

Direct Webstore

I think Perfume niche is
Is what?

Niche perfumery is an alternative to mass perfume production.
Great! Just don't source it in China.

Niche is limited by the clientele and therefore with a limited sale range,
The clientele are women. 50% of the world's population. A pretty big demographic. Too bad drop shipping perfume is a stupid idea, ay?

thus the goal of niche houses is not to sell as much as possible.
You're a genius. Yes! We should NOT sell as much as possible! It's all so clear now! (I think).

;)

The niche of perfume is always relevant. Although I worked in this field a few years ago, I know that now perfume is still necessary for consumers. It's a great business and a great gift item. If you choose one thing in this question, then I would definitely choose Tom Ford, for example, here you can see it https://decantstore.com/product-category/tom-ford/ This brand has long established itself as a leader in this industry, which is why if you want to start your own business, I would recommend this option to you

Last edited:

kdb

if you are selling well known brands and original, then ok! otherwise forget it.

hamzaghaffar

Perfume is the world's most ephemeral art form, existing only while its maker is present. Because of this, the art of perfume has always been elusive. At Scents and Serendipity, I have created an oasis