Updating Variation Product with new Supplier

Recently, one of my clothing supplier store is suspended and it is transferring all products to a brand new Aliexpress store. All my links to previous Aliexpress products no longer work. How do I update all of my products with new hyperlinks for products that have variation?

When I edit my old product, there is a section named "Supplier" where I can edit the product URL. But how do I link my old attributes with the new ones, assuming the new and old products are identical?

There's also a reset attribute button under the supplier section. But this reset option messes up my attribute values under my store. For example, under my store I have an attribute name "Color" but on Aliexpress, it is named "Style". How do I merge both attributes together to match my store?

You go to "Supplier" tab ➡ Reset ➡ Replace the link of that product with a new link
How do you merge two different attributes together?

When I click reset, all attributes are back to aliexpress original names. Now, instead of saying Color, it is displaying as Style. Go into attribute settings and rename Style to Color. This creates two different attributes with the same name, Color. If you filter product by colors, one will show up and the other won't. Have anybody come across with this problem?

daniel-97

How do you merge two different attributes together?

When I click reset, all attributes are back to aliexpress original names. Now, instead of saying Color, it is displaying as Style. Go into attribute settings and rename Style to Color. This creates two different attributes with the same name, Color. If you filter product by colors, one will show up and the other won't. Have anybody come across with this problem?
I don't use Woo version so I'll look it up for you. But in standard Alidropship, we can easily edit the name of attributes and variations

chris37

Color and style now they are the same...
Or one you use or the other the result is gonna be the same in the autofill order and the autoupdate product.

Color and style now they are the same...
Or one you use or the other the result is gonna be the same in the autofill order and the autoupdate product.
I can see they are both the same in terms of definition. I have a filter system that allows customers to use filter to check on different styles or colors. If you just rename the attributes, there are going to be two attributes named Color or Style created with different slugs.

chris37

I can see they are both the same in terms of definition. I have a filter system that allows customers to use filter to check on different styles or colors. If you just rename the attributes, there are going to be two attributes named Color or Style created with different slugs.

So let how is was ... I personal dont like to complicate thing just for one name :p

So let how is was ... I personal dont like to complicate thing just for one name :p
It is not the name it matters...

Say you imported 10 products from Supplier A who sells T-Shirts. All attributes are named as Size. Then you import another 10 T-Shirts from another Supplier B and it names it attributes as Style.

On your store, there will be two different filters, one for Size and one for style. All the values are going to be different. You will get size small, size S, Size American S... etc... it is going to be so cconfusing...

chris37

It is not the name it matters...

Say you imported 10 products from Supplier A who sells T-Shirts. All attributes are named as Size. Then you import another 10 T-Shirts from another Supplier B and it names it attributes as Style.

On your store, there will be two different filters, one for Size and one for style. All the values are going to be different. You will get size small, size S, Size American S... etc... it is going to be so cconfusing...

Ok so complicated the thing... :p

Go to alisetting -》manager attributes and change in bulk the style to color .. this is gonna change all your style attribute to color .

the_lyall

Personally the question I would ask is why was the supplier store suspended, and do you really want to keep using them if that's the case??

Reactions: Mar

Mar

Personally the question I would ask is why was the supplier store suspended, and do you really want to keep using them if that's the case??
I am puzzled by this issue. If the supplier is suspended and the links to previous Aliexpress products no longer work, why not just delete the products and import from the new link of the same supplier if he really want those products. This issue is like making something out of nothing.

I am puzzled by this issue. If the supplier is suspended and the links to previous Aliexpress products no longer work, why not just delete the products and import from the new link of the same supplier if he really want those products. This issue is like making something out of nothing.

I was hoping this would not change the product ID. I was told quality scores are tied onto product IDs.

Mar

I was hoping this would not change the product ID. I was told quality scores are tied onto product IDs.
If product ID change then it change. You make things complicated due to unconfirmed information. What is this quality scores?