Adding Facebook Purchasing code

debian112

How do I add the custom facebook pixel for tracking purchases? Where do I add this on the purchase/confirmation page? I am using the Elgreco theme..

Place the event code on your order confirmation page or purchase completion page.
The completion of a purchase, usually signified by receiving order/purchase confirmation or a transaction receipt.

<script>
fbq('track', 'Purchase');
</script>

daniel-97

How do I add the custom facebook pixel for tracking purchases? Where do I add this on the purchase/confirmation page? I am using the Elgreco theme..

Place the event code on your order confirmation page or purchase completion page.
The completion of a purchase, usually signified by receiving order/purchase confirmation or a transaction receipt.

<script>
fbq('track', 'Purchase');
</script>
Wordpress ➡ Customization ➡ Thank You
Put it in the box that says: "Insert here a script to track your conversion rate "

I recommend you buy the plugin: Facebook Business. Put in the pixel and they will track everything for you.

Last edited:

StrayDrop

Thanks for that. Do you know if there is a separate section for Add To Cart, also? I've been able to create event code triggers on Tag Manager for El Greco in every page except Add To Cart. I'm wondering if there is another section for this, also

daniel-97

Thanks for that. Do you know if there is a separate section for Add To Cart, also? I've been able to create event code triggers on Tag Manager for El Greco in every page except Add To Cart. I'm wondering if there is another section for this, also
You can add code to your head to track events, and use pixel to add events. I remember there's something called "Event Setup Tool where it leads you to your page and set up the events there, but I tried it and failed many times to track exactly the events.

So I really recommend buy the plugin: Facebook Business. You just need to put in your pixel and done, save you a lot of headaches. It can also link all of your products to your facebook shop.

Last edited: