Struggling with my 1st Alidropship site

Kinsella55

After reading several experiences of fellow dropshippers in this forum I don't feel alone anymore. Concluded that I am not the only one who is struggling terribly to get any success out of my shop.
Started my dropship store about six weeks ago. https://catchgiants.com So far I've run 3 Facebook add campaigns. Total costs $240. Total sells $120. The Facebook Adds were made and guided by experts I hired on the Internet. That costed me again $200. So, total investment of $500 (240 adds + 200 experts + 60 supplier) got me to $60 revenue on sales. Obvious that this leads to a definit downfall.
When I saw the clicks on our campaigns, less then 4%, I had a feeling that was far too low. And just 0,8% of those click resulted in a purchase. That's a result that is very disappointing.
First I thought the website was not okay, so I let the experts of Alidropship analyze it. After a week I got the results and it showed that they did a thorough job. Overall they concluded the website was okay although they had several propositions of changes. I did that. But still the results didn't improve.
Don't know what to do anymore. Here I've read that even ready to go websites from Alidropship didn't do as good as someone could expect. Is the Dropshipbusiness collapsing or does someone have some advice? I considered addons like Social Rabit Plugin and Facebook Business, but aren't sure because again this is an invesntment which makes this adventure more difficult by the day.

vlareypo

hi Kinsella, i dont know your niche but, i saw your web and it look very good. i have short time in this business like you, what can i tell you, be slow with ads, try to get custumer who buy on your web always. you get some sales, and it is good. cause you find some custumer, try to follow win more custumer on social network for free. think in this time on covid...whose are going outside to fish!!! all the word are diferent, try to be slow with ads, and check very good your price.....example :
Multifunctional Fishing Tackle Crossbody Bags...you price is $41., on amazon it is $30.
check your price.

daniel-97

First I thought the website was not okay, so I let the experts of Alidropship analyze it. After a week I got the results and it showed that they did a thorough job. Overall they concluded the website was okay although they had several propositions of changes. I did that. But still the results didn't improve.
Your website is not okay... You need to work on your product descriptions and titles

I ran FB ads and lost $800 till now, earned $257 ($152 profit) and lost a total of $920 for website creation + ads. I'm not near giving up yet, all I needed was motivation, which I will add the videos below because I know how you are feeling right now, I did too.

Many people said 95% of eCommerce business owners quit and failed, but an average business needs at least 6 months to see the results, profit. If you try, you might fail and you might succeed. But if you give up, you will fail, so hang in there if you can

MOTIVATION LIST
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbam2U6VuWtkgZa6i-EDmta2pnrgUqACZ

Kinsella55

hi Kinsella, i dont know your niche but, i saw your web and it look very good. i have short time in this business like you, what can i tell you, be slow with ads, try to get custumer who buy on your web always. you get some sales, and it is good. cause you find some custumer, try to follow win more custumer on social network for free. think in this time on covid...whose are going outside to fish!!! all the word are diferent, try to be slow with ads, and check very good your price.....example :
Multifunctional Fishing Tackle Crossbody Bags...you price is $41., on amazon it is $30.
check your price.

Thank you Vlareypo
The price tip is a good one. I checked the prices of some of my products but not of all.
I am going to change that.

Kinsella55

Your website is not okay... You need to work on your product descriptions and titles

I ran FB ads and lost $800 till now, earned $257 ($152 profit) and lost a total of $920 for website creation + ads. I'm not near giving up yet, all I needed was motivation, which I will add the videos below because I know how you are feeling right now, I did too.

Many people said 95% of eCommerce business owners quit and failed, but an average business needs at least 6 months to see the results, profit. If you try, you might fail and you might succeed. But if you give up, you will fail, so hang in there if you can

MOTIVATION LIST
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbam2U6VuWtkgZa6i-EDmta2pnrgUqACZ

Hi Daniel
I changed the product titles and descriptions before. After importing this from Aliexepress they're even worse, but your advice is a very good one. I'm going to spend more time at that aspect.
Motivation has not vanished yet, but my hopes were very hight when I started, mainly because all those cheer stories on Alidropship and their reviews with an average five out of five stars!!!!
I suspected that it had a commercial background and although I don't rule out the success-stories I now know there are a lot of failures too.
Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:

daniel-97

Hi Daniel
I changed the product titles and descriptions before. After imporint they're even more terrible, but you advice is a very good one. I'm going to spend more time at that aspect.
Motivation has not vanished yet, but my hopes were very hight when I started, mainly because all those cheer stories on Alidropship and their reviews with an average five out of five stars!!!!
I suspected that it had a commercial background and although I don't rule out the success-stories I now know there are a lot of failures too.
Thank you for your reply.
You're welcome :) Wish you goodluck!

Gaby02

My 2 cents from pending 1 minute on the website and doing 2 clicks.

- 5 stars everywhere is looking like a scam
Try to edit them all and get between 3.5 to 5 but it looks like as it is nearly impossible

- product description with just material and size is for my eye like you give no additional desire to buy. Product description usually tries to persuade people that this product is good, why this model is working well etc.. give them the feeling that you know your stuff and persuade them you have filtered in front to only offer them the best ones of each type, category etc..

- Depending on what country or market you will target, try to edit reviews and change the countries, flags and names (even if they have *** in it you need names looking from your target zone).

To me, 5 stars, almost empty product description (in the way that each description should give appeal, persuade etc, not only the material, weight etc) and the countries of the reviews would not make it reassuring at all.

Excepted the top very well known worldwide brands and websites of the category you are selling in, no website can target and get so many worldwide clients trusting them with closed eyes so happy with 5 stars in addition...

Look at your competitors in you niche on google and watch and browse their website, reviews and descriptions.

It is a long and big work to do some persuasive and appealing descriptions but it is marketing and in the description you should finish to persuade the client that this product is the best choice and better than the one he could find elsewhere;-)

This is just a start but with these points it looks impossible not to think the reviews are fake and description is like you do not care and give no desire by attracting, make the client dream of this item etc..

Good luck

Kinsella55

My 2 cents from pending 1 minute on the website and doing 2 clicks.

- 5 stars everywhere is looking like a scam
Try to edit them all and get between 3.5 to 5 but it looks like as it is nearly impossible

- product description with just material and size is for my eye like you give no additional desire to buy. Product description usually tries to persuade people that this product is good, why this model is working well etc.. give them the feeling that you know your stuff and persuade them you have filtered in front to only offer them the best ones of each type, category etc..

- Depending on what country or market you will target, try to edit reviews and change the countries, flags and names (even if they have *** in it you need names looking from your target zone).

To me, 5 stars, almost empty product description (in the way that each description should give appeal, persuade etc, not only the material, weight etc) and the countries of the reviews would not make it reassuring at all.

Excepted the top very well known worldwide brands and websites of the category you are selling in, no website can target and get so many worldwide clients trusting them with closed eyes so happy with 5 stars in addition...

Look at your competitors in you niche on google and watch and browse their website, reviews and descriptions.

It is a long and big work to do some persuasive and appealing descriptions but it is marketing and in the description you should finish to persuade the client that this product is the best choice and better than the one he could find elsewhere;-)

This is just a start but with these points it looks impossible not to think the reviews are fake and description is like you do not care and give no desire by attracting, make the client dream of this item etc..

Good luck

Thank you Gaby

Again an analysis which helps me.
Of course I knew the descriptions of Aliexpress are not good, but I only changed 8 of them. I have 104 products and neglected this. It is a hard lesson.
The reviews is another thing. I import them directly form Aliexepress choose in the system for reviews with 3-5 stars bu I am getting only 5 star revies and the majority of them (75%+) are from Russia............
I have to change them manually.
Yesterdag I lowered my prices, started a new FB campaign, but again nothing. Still despite my own mistakes very disappointing. But true, I have to do what is needed and thnx for all the support.

streetdfx

I don't have experience in dropshipping, but have some practice in product marketing. First of all, I suggest you get more social traffic.
Your Instagram account is not alive, Twitter is blocked, there are no posts on Facebook also. Take a look at Pinterest, it's a quite popular network.
The website's main pages images look boring, I don't have an impulse to buy anything here. I would have changes fonts style to modern type.
Keep updating your website and socials and I bet you'll get more sales soon. Good luck!

Kinsella55

I don't have experience in dropshipping, but have some practice in product marketing. First of all, I suggest you get more social traffic.
Your Instagram account is not alive, Twitter is blocked, there are no posts on Facebook also. Take a look at Pinterest, it's a quite popular network.
The website's main pages images look boring, I don't have an impulse to buy anything here. I would have changes fonts style to modern type.
Keep updating your website and socials and I bet you'll get more sales soon. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply and advice
Not using Instagram is a mistake. There is an account, but true, I don't use it.
I never used Twitter before. I have the feeling it is almost dead right now.
You didn't find any post on Facebook, then I don't know which page you visited, because there are posts with new products, discounts and special offers. Besides I have spend a lot on Facebook ads.
Second, for having success with social media you need followers. I had more than 30.000 hits on Facebook with a traffic campaign and that resulted in 50 followers. A bit low isn't it?
I don't agree the website looks boring. The plugin of Alidropship is excellent. The Theme Michaelangelo looks verwy well. And boring images..... I don't have anything else. Can only use images the supplier has. It is deadly to use stock image of a product which does not resemble that product for 100%
I have started already editing the headers and texts of the products.. That can be done. It takes time, because I run 104 products. But after editing 12 of them I have decided to put the whole shop on halt. The investment in ads was substantial and the result terrible. I'm afraid this niche is not a good one. I am convinced the software, addons and advice of Alidropship is excellent, but I chose the wrong niche and didn't handle the product texts all too well.
I will evaluate the whole thing next month and then decide what to do.
Thank you.

Mar

@Mar
I think he doesn't blame Alidropship, he blames me for not using social media very well. And that is not untrue.
My post was a mistake and it is deleted. To make sure a post is understood to whom it is addressed, 'Reply' should be clicked. except if the post is addressed to everybody.

1596545256158.png

Kent25

Hey! Don't forget haters,...... people who compet with you privately, would continuously be clicking your ads just to make sure u run out of campaign budget... I saw that alot..

But hey! Remember " Rome wasn't built a day" just keep up

streetdfx

I'm afraid this niche is not a good one. I am convinced the software, addons and advice of Alidropship is excellent, but I chose the wrong niche and didn't handle the product texts all too well.
I will evaluate the whole thing next month and then decide what to do.
Thank you.
Yes, It's also possible that fishing products aren't lead to impulse purchases. As I understood, the dropshipper should find a WOW-product that isn't available in a local store. I bet fishermen know all average prices and popular online and ground stores for their supplies.

kdb

Slow down bro, tune-up your website as many people suggest, do SEO try free methods only during current circumstances.

Direct Webstore

As I understood, the dropshipper should find a WOW-product that isn't available in a local store.
Right! It needs to be "unique" and/or "hard to get". Too many people selling plastic vegetable peelers and not stopping to think, "Do people REALLY want to wait 5 weeks to get this boring "non wow!" plastic vegetable peeler, phone case, watch or insert random boring product here ... ?"

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Hey! Don't forget haters,...... people who compet with you privately, would continuously be clicking your ads just to make sure u run out of campaign budget... I saw that alot..
That would mostly happen with a flooded niche. A more "unique" store would not have that problem.