Aliexpress is gone ?!

orimond

Hi guys, recently i heard a lot of dropshippers complain about aliexpress slow delivery. They say now aliexpress is so lousy that most of them switched to private suppliers or other platform like CJ shopping. Many said delivery took around 30 - 60 days. My own experience, my order took 58 days to arrive last month. What is alidropship view in this? We know covid 19 plays a huge role, but many said this problem was solved when they moved away from aliexpress? Any thoughts on this would be very helpful for me to decide to stick on or to move on ! Thanks !

daniel-97

My customer's order just arrived after 42 days (ePacket). I got frugal and chose ePacket... Should have gone for Aliexpress Standard Shipping. It's faster, in my case, 23~25 days

Direct Webstore

recently i heard a lot of dropshippers complain about aliexpress slow delivery. They say now aliexpress is so lousy that most of them switched to private suppliers or other platform like CJ shopping.
Where did you recently hear this? I'd like to check out the source.

I have checked out delivery times with places like CJ Dropshipping, DHGate, Taobao etc ages ago and it all depends on the individual seller and where they are. The times varied hugely from a few days to weeks, on all platforms.

What I'm seriously doing right now is targeting ONLY the U.S and using Aliexpress sellers that ship from the U.S. (Still a work in progress changing my 2 currently running sites) It means higher prices, less profit, but also less headaches. Maybe in 2 or 3 years when this pandemic is over (or maybe never), I will change back to worldwide targeting.

Last edited:

orimond

Where did you recently hear this? I'd like to check out the source.

I have checked out delivery times with places like CJ Dropshipping, DHGate, Taobao etc ages ago and it all depends on the individual seller and where they are. The times varied hugely from a few days to weeks, on all platforms.

What I'm seriously doing right now is targeting ONLY the U.S and using Aliexpress sellers that ship from the U.S. (Still a work in progress changing my 2 currently running sites) It means higher prices, less profit, but also less headaches. Maybe in 2 or 3 years when this pandemic is over (or maybe never), I will change back to worldwide targeting.

Hi, I got it from many FB groups. A lot are moving away to P.S or some fulfilment agency. I cannot ship from US because the product Im dropshipping is from Aliexpress & the only option is shipping from China. I am now struggling with the delivery time. A lot are asking for return/refund. What is aliexpress plan for this? They will lose a lot if people are moving away to P.S. What is alidropship opinion in this, since they are encouraging us to use aliexpress as dropship platform? What is their solution? I really want to hear from them.

Direct Webstore

I got it from many FB groups.
Most FB Groups based on dropshipping that I've seen are full of newbies, wannabe gurus, idiots, and scammers. I've joined a few and left all of them. Not the best source for accurate or even logical info, in my opinion.

"Aliexpress" itself is not the problem. The location of the sellers and/or where they ship from is the problem. Even CJ, DHGate, China Brands and other agencies etc are based in China and, like Aliexpress, ship from China and other locations as well. Like I said ...

I have checked out delivery times with places like CJ Dropshipping, DHGate, Taobao etc ages ago and it all depends on the individual seller and where they are.

And if these FB Group Drama Queens had any sense, they'd simply fix the "Location" problem ... like changing to sellers (On Aliexpress, PS, DHGate, whatever) who ship from the areas you target. Like I'm doing.

the product Im dropshipping is from Aliexpress & the only option is shipping from China.
That kind of inflexible thinking will guarantee failure. If the seller is the ONLY seller on Aliexpress with that product, change the product! If not, search for another seller/supplier with the same product that ships from the U.S. And if none of them do that, again, change the product.

OR, if you love this particular product so much and it sells well ... have a guess as to what you should actually do. I won't insult your intelligence by actually stating it.

But all this is only temporary. In two years (maybe) we will all be looking back and laughing. I hope.

:)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

What is aliexpress plan for this? They will lose a lot if people are moving away to P.S.
Why don't you write to Aliexpress and ask them?

But my guess is they wouldn't care less. Aliexpress was not set up solely for dropshippers. Actually, it was not set up for them at all. It's a "Chinese eBay" more or less. The bulk of Aliexpress customers are individuals buying stuff for themselves. The dropshippers are just a "drop in the ocean".

;)

Last edited:

daniel-97

Aliexpress is huge and not only focus on dropshipping. I knew Aliexpress from online shopping, not through Dropshipping, if dropshippers move to another website, it would be you scooping a handful of sand on the beach thinking that's the only sand there is.

Direct Webstore

Aliexpress is huge and not only focus on dropshipping.
I don't think it focuses on it at all. I bet, that when Jack Ma decided to make Alibaba (the bulk wholesale marketplace) have a baby (Aliexpress) so that normal customers could buy single items rather than multiple ones in bulk, he wasn't thinking about drop shippers at all.

I knew Aliexpress from online shopping, not through Dropshipping
Same here. I lived in Thailand for 10 years and found out about it from Thai friends. I was also interested in e-commerce and dropshipping so one day I Googled "Aliexpress drop shipping" and discovered @Yaros thread about the Alidropship plugin on Black Hat forum (or some other place, I forget) and other platforms/plugins for dropshipping from them.

Last edited:

aminech

I stopped dropshipping 3 months ago, too much refunds requests and product not arriving because of the pandemic. Wating for things to stabilize a bit.

What about you guys ?

Direct Webstore

I stopped dropshipping 3 months ago, too much refunds requests and product not arriving because of the pandemic. Wating for things to stabilize a bit. What about you guys ?

I've gone from 8 sites to two sites and those have been shut down for weeks as I do the below ...

Just fixed the messy moderator edit. lol

Last edited:

daniel-97

I've gone from 8 sites to two sites and those have been shut down for weeks as I do the below ...
I have a question, maybe a stupid one. You have been into this business for longer than me, so what's your view on Social proofs (Facebook page likes, Instagram followers, ...)? Does it really matter?

Because I'm new, my page only have ~100 likes, Instagram is even worse, 21 followers lol. Many people said it doesn't matter, don't buy likes and followers, but sub-consciously I feel like it does matter.

aminech

I have a question, maybe a stupid one. You have been into this business for longer than me, so what's your view on Social proofs (Facebook page likes, Instagram followers, ...)? Does it really matter?

Because I'm new, my page only have ~100 likes, Instagram is even worse, 21 followers lol. Many people said it doesn't matter, don't buy likes and followers, but sub-consciously I feel like it does matter.

No it doesn't matter that much. buying likes is a waste of money because most of them are from fake profiles