Price increase at checkout

bertglo

A listed product in my store was not found in my store after the product was paid for by the customer. When the product did get to the store for me to complete the purchase there was an increase at checkout....
So started looking at the prices of similar products in my store at other stores. To my surprise, some of the selling prices were way lower than Aliexpress cost prices.
Can you explain the cause of that?
What makes it really bad is that was my very first sale.

Mar

A listed product in my store was not found in my store after the product was paid for by the customer. When the product did get to the store for me to complete the purchase there was an increase at checkout....
So started looking at the prices of similar products in my store at other stores. To my surprise, some of the selling prices were way lower than Aliexpress cost prices.
Can you explain the cause of that?
What makes it really bad is that was my very first sale.
The question is so confusing.

bertglo

The question is so confusing.
Ok, one customer bought a product from my store at the Alidropship price ...When I tried to pay for the product it was not available in the color the customer wanted all colours listed available in store. I waited about half an hour then the product became available in the color. When I paid for the product I got billed extra, therefore, my profit was less than originally anticipated. I am wondering if this is a normal practice. Assuming I had to pay $10.00 I was charged $12.00.
So naturally, I was upset and I started looking for similar products on other websites to compare prices, only to find them at a lower price.

Last edited:

absimp

I always have backup suppliers for products and never place an order without confirming that there is a profit.

Double check everything and always have a backup plan.

bertglo

I don't expect the same store to sell one product at many different prices without notice... do you?

Mar

I don't expect the same store to sell one product at many different prices without notice... do you?
You mean if the store (or I think you mean the seller) sell the same product in other websites as you stated earlier, you have to be informed? You are feeling so important. They have no obligation to inform anybody of prize change. That is why the plugin have product updates and that include prizes, you will know it there.

bertglo

Nope, I am telling you the store advertised one price then at checkout billed a different price. What is so hard to understand about that..??? The price of the product was simply increased at checkout. I never stated the seller sell the same product in other websites.

Mar

Nope, I am telling you the store advertised one price then at checkout billed a different price. What is so hard to understand about that..??? The price of the product was simply increased at checkout. I never stated the seller sell the same product in other websites.
My first reaction to your post was it is so confusing. In fact until now I am confused. When you said "the store" now I think you mean your store. So when you say "I don't expect the same store to sell one product at many different prices without notice", we are talking about your store. So who are you blaming when it is your store you are talking about? I maybe wrong, but what ever you mean, you don't feel so important. You are just a nobody to other people and no one has an obligation to inform you of prize change. especially if it is your store that change the prize. In that case, you inform yourself.

bertglo

My first reaction to your post was it is so confusing. In fact until now I am confused. When you said "the store" now I think you mean your store.
I would have written my store...I didn't buy from my store...I bought from Alidropship recommended store.

So when you say "I don't expect the same store to sell one product at many different prices without notice", we are talking about your store.
No, you are talking about my store I am talking about Alidropship recommended store

So who are you blaming when it is your store you are talking about?
What makes you think that I am buying from my store? I am a dropshipper, where do dropshippers buy from?

I maybe wrong, but what ever you mean, you don't feel so important.
this has nothing to do with feelings

You are just a nobody to other people and no one has an obligation to inform you of prize change. especially if it is your store that change the prize. In that case, you inform yourself.
How can a nobody pay with a credit card? Maybe no one is obligated to inform you of price change. But all prices are set on products before checkout.

Direct Webstore

You seriously expect Aliexpress sellers to personally inform you (and every other drop shipper) every time they raise their prices? Really? Believe it or not, Aliexpress was not set up to solely service drop shippers. It was not set up to service drop shippers at all. It's basically the same as eBay.

But all prices are set on products before checkout.
Sounds like your store's product updating (stock levels/prices) did not run before the customer ordered. An extremely rare occurrence. So rare, I've never heard of it happening before. But it's not the Aliexpress seller's fault or problem.

This is just an example of "shit happens". A normal component of life and business. Take note of it, stop moaning about it or trying to blame anyone/anything for it and move on.

;)

Last edited:

Mar

My first reaction to your post was it is so confusing. In fact until now I am confused. When you said "the store" now I think you mean your store.
I would have written my store...I didn't buy from my store...I bought from Alidropship recommended store.

So when you say "I don't expect the same store to sell one product at many different prices without notice", we are talking about your store.
No, you are talking about my store I am talking about Alidropship recommended store

So who are you blaming when it is your store you are talking about?
What makes you think that I am buying from my store? I am a dropshipper, where do dropshippers buy from?

I maybe wrong, but what ever you mean, you don't feel so important.
this has nothing to do with feelings

You are just a nobody to other people and no one has an obligation to inform you of prize change. especially if it is your store that change the prize. In that case, you inform yourself.
How can a nobody pay with a credit card? Maybe no one is obligated to inform you of price change. But all prices are set on products before checkout.
Before I post, send a message, email, etc. I always imagine myself as the other person who will see it. A person that has no prior knowledge to the message or post until he saw it. That is how you know if your post can be understood by people. You don't base it on yourself, of course you understand it, that's yours. I can see you have a very low understanding about things. I am wondering how is your life with your mentality. You even think you are big because you have a credit card. That is amazing.

Last edited:

bertglo

"Direct Webstore, post: 71093, member: 473"]You seriously expect Aliexpress sellers to personally inform you (and every other drop shipper) every time they raise their prices?
When did I say or imply that? All I did was ask a question. If you are not following the conversation you may not be able to make a meaningful contribution

Really? Believe it or not, Aliexpress was not set up to solely service drop shippers. It was not set up to service drop shippers at all. It's basically the same as eBay.
Believe it or not, this is Alidropship forum. Ask Me anything.

Sounds like your store's product updating (stock levels/prices) did not run before the customer ordered. An extremely rare occurrence. So rare, I've never heard of it happening before. But it's not the Aliexpress seller's fault or problem.
Apparently I was not supposed to ask anything about it

This is just an example of "shit happens". A normal component of life and business. Take note of it, stop moaning about it or trying to blame anyone/anything for it and move on.
Not moaning I simply asked a question...which no one cares to address meaningfully.

Direct Webstore

I simply asked a question...which no one cares to address meaningfully.
An extremely rare occurrence. So rare, I've never heard of it happening before.
This is just an example of "shit happens". A normal component of life and business.

How much more of an in-depth "meaningful" explanation do you need?

Yes it was, you did not follow the full conversation.
Yes. I know it was. Google "sarcasm".

;)

Direct Webstore

Really? Believe it or not, Aliexpress was not set up to solely service drop shippers. It was not set up to service drop shippers at all. It's basically the same as eBay.
Believe it or not, this is Alidropship forum. Ask Me anything.
You're not really making any sense at all. What on Earth has the forum got to do with the nonexistent responsibility of Aliexpress sellers to inform all of their past customers (including the drop shipping ones) when they raise (or lower) the price of one of their products? You're being totally unrealistic. You don't seem to clearly understand what Aliexpress actually is.

Really mate ...
An extremely rare occurrence. So rare, I've never heard of it happening before.
... just cut the pedantic drama and making mountains out of molehills and ...

bertglo

"Mar, post: 71094, member: 2999"]Before I post, send a message, email, etc. I always imagine myself as the other person who will see it.
Your responses do not reflect that

A person that has no prior knowledge to the message or post until he saw it. That is how you know if your post can be understood by people.
And a person who does not understand should ask for clarification. What is the point of assuming that you understand, when you know that you don't understand?

You don't base it on yourself, of course you understand it, that's yours. I can see you have a very low understanding about things.
Yet you are the one who did not understand my post.

I am wondering how is your life with your mentality. You even think you are big because you have a credit card. That is amazing.
I never said that I was big because of a credit card. You said that I am a nobody. What qualifies you to call me a nobody? This thread should not be called Ask me Anything. It should be called Don't ask me anything.

Direct Webstore

This thread should not be called Ask me Anything. I
You have asked and you have been answered. All that has followed that answer is just annoying and pedantic nitpicking.

Now do something more practical like learning how to quote people in a forum correctly.