What am I missing?

amigobg

Hello!

First, thank you for the great support and information that is collected here for everybody who want to try the dropshipping business.
From few months I'm trying to evolve my own dropshipping store provided items for the US market but without any good results - low traffic, no sales.

Can you give me any advice what can be improved or what I missing?

Thank you.

girlfromblacksea

First you should answer- is it the right niche. Attract 1000 users to your site and see if there is conversions or not. ALso how you attract ppl - is it the right audience - analyse your bounce rate .

Direct Webstore

First you should answer- is it the right niche.
Right I'm guessing it's probably another boring store selling clothing, phone covers or gadgets. THAT'S the problem.

He needs something more unique.

Can you give me any advice what can be improved or what I missing?
My statement above is just a guess. Without seeing your site, it's really impossible to say what the problem is with any accuracy.

:)

amigobg

@girlfromblacksea it is very hard to get new users from paid ads, price is starting from $0.14-$0.25 per click. Can you describe "PPL"?
@Direct Webstore there is a link in my first post.

Direct Webstore

there is a link in my first post.
Not a very obvious one .. lol I had to move my mouse around to find it. And I'd never have known it was there if you didn't tell me.

If you want others to easily see it, change it to "my own store www.fragrancesmell.com "

Can you describe "PPL"?
Pay Per Lead

As for the site. It's breaking one major rule. It's selling things that are easy to buy at local stores. Also, fragrances are something people like to sample and smell at the local stores before buying.

You need something more unique that has things that can't be bought locally and things that don't need to be tried before buying. "Shoes" would be another example. I've ordered shoes and boots for myself from Aliexpress and none of them fit and I got refunds for them all.

I certainly would not buy a fragrance online without knowing what it smelt like. Perhaps many others feel the same way and that's why they are not buying.

landed

Does that popup happen on every page? Your site looks ok but feels a bit busy- I checked on desktop. I would test removing popups. You also said you had low traffic. Well that's going to be an issue too. Maybe this is a very competitive market.
How long is delivery (where are you sourcing) I would be fearful of fake perfume if I bought online. Just a few ideas.

If you are able get one landing page with very little on it just the buy button.... Use lucky orange to check how people are responding.
Get rid of the asking for notifications I personally hate that and having to press go away is another click away from a sale.

Direct Webstore

Does that popup happen on every page? Your site looks ok but feels a bit busy
I would test removing popups.
Get rid of the asking for notifications I personally hate that and having to press go away is another click away from a sale.

That's a Facebook Messenger app from Mobile Monkey (Had a positive write up in one of the recent Alidropship blogs) and believe it or not it's actually quite effective. Customers love live chat for solving problems on the spot these days. It only pops up once the first time someone visits. Any minor annoyance to some people is far outweighed by the benefits. From the plugin's description ... "It does far more than simply integrate chat on your homepage. It opens up an entirely new marketing channel complete with drip campaigns, chat blasts, RSS feeds, messenger ads, analytics tracking, and more. "

How long is delivery (where are you sourcing)
I believe he would be sourcing from Aliexpress ... along with it's infamous shipping times.

I would be fearful of fake perfume if I bought online.
One of two problems with selling perfume online is this ...
I certainly would not buy a fragrance online without knowing what it smelt like.

It's just something people want to try before they buy, like at the local stores where it's easy to try and buy hundreds of different perfumes. That's second problem. Selling things that are easy to get at the local stores.

As an aside ... The same goes for shoes. They really are something that needs to be tried before buying ... especially with all the inconsistent sizing among all the different Aliexpress sellers. The returns and refunds would be a nightmare. I've ordered three pairs of shoes for myself in the past and none of them fit. I got refunds for all of them. Clothing is not so bad ... but the sizing problem is still there. I've got refunds for two jackets I've bought for myself as well.

landed

There was a different popup I was meaning- I also think chat works well. I'm using tawk.to but it seems cool to get them on facebook chat...might try switching.

Direct Webstore

I'm using tawk.to
I used to use that ...until I started tweaking my site for faster page loading speed. Another good thing about that Facebook Messenger chat (WP Chatbot by Mobile Monkey) is that it's set to load 4 seconds after the entire page has loaded. As far as Google's Page Speed Insights is concerned it has zero affect on page loading speed.

Direct Webstore

There was a different popup I was meaning
I didn't see any other popup. Maybe he's removed it. But I hate almost ALL popups, so I won't inflict my customers with them either ... with one exception, an "Exit Popup" for my newsletter subscription (with a !0% discount coupon) Exit popups are fine as they are leaving the site anyway.