[REQ] Please Add A Remove Tables Option

Dylan-

Hello,

It would be great if you guys could add a function that removes all the SR tables upon deleting the plugin.
Because it is really annoying when the plugin doesn't work after restoring a backup or switching a theme.\

This function would allow a fresh install of SR.

Direct Webstore

There's HEAPS of Wordpress plugins that leave lots of crap behind when they are uninstalled. Not just tables, but also stuff in the Options table.
I don't think this function you want is a very top priority as most people are not constantly uninstalling and reinstalling the same plugin all the time.

On the rare occasions I have to do it, I just spend a few minutes deleting the crap from the database myself.

You could also do a search for database cleaning plugins, but I don't trust them.

Dylan-

Hmm, well I get a lot of problem when I had to restore a backup or switch a theme. Making the plugin unusable. Did you ever remove options for social rabbit from the tables yourself?

Direct Webstore

Hmm, well I get a lot of problem when I had to restore a backup or switch a theme.
Why are you restoring backups and changing themes so much? Just get your site sorted and settled and then you won't need this added function.
Did you ever remove options for social rabbit from the tables yourself?

Yes. They are easy to find. Usually in the last pages of the Options table. But they are not all grouped alltogether. You have to check every page.

Last edited:

Dylan-

How do you know I restore backups so much? In this case I had to do it due to a mailfunction of WP-Rocket causing my CPU usage to skyrocket.
The theme change was due to Davinci Woo 2.0 being to slow, therfore, I reverted back to Flatsome.

Direct Webstore

How do you know I restore backups so much?
I don't. I'm just presuming that if you need/want this function ... you are probably restoring backups a lot.

If you are not restoring backups so much ... then you really don't need this function.

In this case I had to do it due to........................................
The reasons why are irelevant. You're either restoring backups a lot ... or you're not.

If it's a lot ... I understand why you personally may want this function.

If it's not a lot ... I don't understand why you (or anyone) would need or want this function. I myself don't need it.

Simple as that.

Anyway, this isn't really going anywhere. I was just stating an opinion. Better to end this and wait and see if any SR developer has anything to say.

:)

Mar

There's HEAPS of Wordpress plugins that leave lots of crap behind when they are uninstalled. Not just tables, but also stuff in the Options table.
I don't think this function you want is a very top priority as most people are not constantly uninstalling and reinstalling the same plugin all the time.

On the rare occasions I have to do it, I just spend a few minutes deleting the crap from the database myself.

You could also do a search for database cleaning plugins, but I don't trust them.
I am using WP-Optimize plugin, the premium. The free version does the data base cleaning, the difference is it can not perform a scheduled job. Beside the data base optimization, there is a Table tab where you see left overs of removed plugins and the option to remove it.