Data Privacy policy

jojojijijojo

Hi,

I have been considering to buy the AliDropship plugin for WooCommerce, but I have a couple privacy questions that I couldn't find a clear answer for:
Once the plugin in installed into the website (wordpress + WooCommerce), what data is collected by the Alidropship company?
I assume that the plugin works using a chrome extension, so it does fetch a product data from aliexpress and import it into WooCommerce, but my question is, does any of the data gets collected outside of this scope externally?
Does any data regarding my sales, my customers private information, and niche get leaked to the outside world (Alidropship and its third party affiliates?)

Direct Webstore

I assume that the plugin works using a chrome extension, so it does fetch a product data from aliexpress and import it into WooCommerce, but my question is, does any of the data gets collected outside of this scope externally?
No.

Does any data regarding my sales, my customers private information, and niche get leaked to the outside world (Alidropship and its third party affiliates?)
No.

Direct Webstore

do you have a reference I can check out?
No. My answers are based on over two years of experience with the Alidropship plugin,15 years experience with website development, extensive knowledge of I.T in general (BSc in Computer engineering), extensive experience of what Wordpress and other platform's plugins are permitted to do and not do and most of all ... common sense. Any plugin spewing personal details all over the place won't last long.

But don't take my word for it ... maybe @Yaros can confirm for you.

;)

jojojijijojo

No. My answers are based on over two years of experience with the Alidropship plugin,15 years experience with website development, extensive knowledge of I.T in general (BSc in Computer engineering), extensive experience of what Wordpress and other platform's plugins are permitted to do and not do and most of all ... common sense. Any plugin spewing personal details all over the place won't last long.

But don't take my word for it ... maybe @Yaros can confirm for you.

;)
Thanks for your insights, I also do have an MS in computer and software engineering, with years of software development, however I have seen many shady activities coming from those plugins. Just to name a few a popup sale plugin currently listed in wordpress plugins is actually a spyware leaking all the customers emails and personal data
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-spying/
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-customer-information-is-uploaded-to-beeketing/
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gpdr-contract-of-entrustment/

Last edited:

jojojijijojo

Since no one from the plugin team have been able to answer my concern, and until otherwise proven wrong, I'm going to assume that this plugin illegally collects private data without disclosing it. Its a shame because I was considering it.

Direct Webstore

Since no one from the plugin team have been able to answer my concern
That's because there IS no concern. ;)

I'm going to assume that this plugin illegally collects private data without disclosing it.
What an illogical and paranoid drama queen. lol

Its a shame because I was considering it.
On the bright side, anyone too clueless to simply write to support and ASK them (this is just the member's forum), would probably be too clueless to run an online business anyway. You've just saved yourself a lot of hassle.

;)

Direct Webstore

The source code is encoded, they can hide whatever they want and no one can figure out exactly what they are doing.
Paranoid? Of course not! You're right! Those sneaky Russians and their hidden sneaky codes! We all know what they're REALLY up to with this plugin. They want to take over the world! Just like they have always wanted to! It's full of evil KGB viruses!

Meanwhile, in deepest darkest Siberia, the Alidropship Team make their evil plans ...
1574425710159.png

Attachments

• 1574425693840.png
    1574425693840.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: