Currency switcher for WOO

UK20

There are two guides in the thread, the SSL and Currency Converter, which one? Also, are you using Flatsome theme?, just making sure.

This is exactly what I am looking for. I am using flatsome theme too, and I am looking to have the currency converter as in the image. Please send me the guide and code.

1549198422363-png.7960

Also, i realised that the geolocated currency is shown till cart page only, for checkout default currency comes up. Is there a way to have geolocated currency shown in for checkout page too? I am using Paypal, which is setup to accept multiple currencies.

Last edited:

Mar

This is exactly what I am looking for. I am using flatsome theme too, and I am looking to have the currency converter as in the image. Please send me the guide and code.
Just sent you the guide in PM.
Is there a way to have geolocated currency shown in for checkout page too? I am using Paypal, which is setup to accept multiple currencies.
I have seen a thread about this. Think it is not possible with Alidropship Currency Switcher. You need a third party paid Currency Switcher for that.

Mar

@Mar that looks pretty good how you've put the switcher in the menu bar ... can you send me the guide too please? :)
I just sent you the guide, although I think you have it already, or maybe it was in another location in the header. Actually I have moved the Currency Switcher to the right end of the menu bar. If you choose the location, by default this is not visible in mobile. You need to add the element to the Header Mobile Overlay. If you choose the location next to the menu, the guide is for that.

1556169357300.png

1556169497324.png

1556169571368.png

Direct Webstore

I just sent you the guide, although I think you have it already, or maybe it was in another location in the header.
Yes. Mine is elsewhere in the header, but I'm curious as to how you did it the way you did. I like it. Thanks for that :)

Last edited:

landed

I don't know if it is still the same but iirc the plugin here doesn't show the same currency all the way to purchase? That's why I had to user oscars woocommerce plugin detecting the users location. I would not mind to get a manual currency changer though. But can you guys tell me if this is detecting the currency and you get converted currency all the way through and to the payment gateway too.

Direct Webstore

the plugin here doesn't show the same currency all the way to purchase?
No. You can use another one for Woocommerce if you wish. Just disable the built in one. There are several to choose from. And they all have pros and cons as well.

That's why I had to user oscars woocommerce plugin detecting the users location.
What?

But can you guys tell me if this is detecting the currency and you get converted currency all the way through and to the payment gateway too.
You already asked that above in the first quote.

Also ... this has been discussed before. Type "Currency switcher" into the Search above.

Last edited:

landed

On my repetition Sorry I am used to talking to Chinese suppliers if I don't ask twice it doesn't seem to exist...Also they only seem to see the last question LOL.

Also yes it has been asked before but I know changes get made so wanted to ask people using this one. I would expect a massive drop off in conversions if I see an item is $20 then all of a sudden I am in pay pal paying £15..so I use oscars plugin WooCommerce Price Based on Country (Basic)

Direct Webstore

I use oscars plugin WooCommerce Price Based on Country (Basic)
I just checked this out. The basic version is useless. The exchange rates have to be input manually and updated manually. Seeing as they change on a daily basis, looking them up then editing them in the plugin all the time is just ridiculous. The built in Alidropship currency converter is is way superior in this case.