AliDropship Woo plugin ver. 1.4.11 - UPDATE

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Main features:

• Currency switcher issue is solved
  • Delete all product images when remove products option is added
Settings ‹ Developwoo — WordPress - Google Chrome 2019-05-16 17.23.56.png

This option will automatically remove all product images from Media if you delete the product.

Attachments

• alidswoo_ion ver 1.4.11 PHP 7.1.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 17
  • alidswoo_ion ver 1.4.11 PHP 7.2+.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 30

Direct Webstore

Last edited:

Leo237

Today I found that Aliexpress began to add the suffix to each product title (when importing), for example:
-in MP3 Player from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Can you add an automatic replacement (deletion) of text to a plugin?

Direct Webstore

Can you add an automatic replacement (deletion) of text to a plugin?

Seeing as we all have to edit product titles anyway, what's the point? (You're not one of these lazy/stupid people who DON'T edit titles, are you?)

Even if it was possible (which it isn't for obvious reasons), why add extra bloat to the plugin for something that is totally unnecessary?

;)

Leo237

We already had communication on another issue. I understand that we have completely different views on the online business ... You recommend 50 good products, but we now have more than 10к products, and plan to start with 25-30k products. Sorry for that. Our views and working methods are too different.

Seeing as we all have to edit product titles anyway, what's the point? (You're not one of these lazy/stupid people who DON'T edit titles, are you?)

We do not edit the titles of each item. We add 36 products at a time from the supplier’s store page. Products simultaneously add two employees. To edit the titles, we export the wp_posts table and make the necessary changes in a text editor, replacing or deleting text and using the synonymizer, if necessary. This approach is much more effective in our case.

Even if it was possible (which it isn't for obvious reasons), why add extra bloat to the plugin for something that is totally unnecessary?;)

There is also nothing supernatural. The text autoreplace function is standard for the similar plugin - Ali2Woo. And trust me, this is very convenient.

Of course, I can do automatic changes directly in the database using a regular expression:
-in .*? on Aliexpress.com .| Alibaba Group

However, the automation of this process would be very appropriate.

Direct Webstore

.We already had communication on another issue. I understand that we have completely different views on the online business ...... You recommend 50 good products,
No. I don't. But I have mentioned that some people have only 50 good products and do quite well. (Fact) What I DID say was that having 50 "good" products is better than having 1000s of boring crap ones. Apparently you think otherwise. Fair enough. But putting words in my mouth about that topic is not only unhelpful to the current (non) issue, but it's also totally irrelevant to this (non) issue. Just stick to the topic at hand.

We do not edit the titles of each item. We add 36 products at a time from the supplier’s store page. Products simultaneously add two employees. To edit the titles, we export the wp_posts table and make the necessary changes in a text editor, replacing or deleting text and using the synonymizer, if necessary. This approach is much more effective in our case.
It's the same. You edit the titles. It makes no difference where or how you edit them. Having the plugin do it is not only impossible on a product by product basis (because they are all different), it's also pointless like I already said. You just stated that you edit them anyway.

Products simultaneously add two employees.
Sorry, that makes no sense at all.

There is also nothing supernatural. The text autoreplace function is standard for the similar plugin
Yes. I'm well aware of that, and there you go again putting words in my mouth. I did not make any reference to "magic" being required. But anyway, replace it with what? Every product is different (That was the "obvious" bit I was referring to) If it's simply to remove the "Aliexpress Alibaba" bit ... again, what's the point if the titles are being edited anyway, either normally or via the database tables?

Of course, I can do automatic changes directly in the database using a regular expression:
-in .*? on Aliexpress.com .| Alibaba Group
Of course, you can just not worry about it as the titles are being edited anyway. *sigh*

using the synonymizer
Seriously? What totally awful titles they would be. It's just as bad as those terrible "Article spinners". Some things just can't replace the human touch. Especially when it comes to the written word with titles and product descriptions. It makes the difference between a "quality site" with engaging and quality content, titles and descriptions and a boring, robotic, cookie cutter style site. What a terrible method.

But that's just my opinion.

;)

Last edited:

Leo237

Totally irrelevant to this issue.

It's the same. You edit the titles. It makes no difference where or how you edit them. Having the plugin do it is not only impossible on a product by product basis (because they are all different), it's also pointless like I already said. You just stated that you edit them anyway.

Yes. I'm well aware of that ... but replace it with what? Every product is different (That was the "obvious" bit I was referring to) If it's simply to remove the "Aliexpress Alibaba" bit ... again, what's the point if the titles are being edited anyway, either normally or via the database tables?

Of course, you can just not worry about it as the titles are being edited anyway.

I think you should worry about more important things. But that's just my opinion.

;)

The problem is somewhat deeper - a suffix for the URL is also automatically added. Like this:
-in-mp3-player-from-consumer-electronics-on-aliexpress-com-alibaba-group

This increases the number of gestures to bring the site in order.

In an attempt to show my wrong, you lose the main idea of creating an Alidropship plugin - automating the processes of working with Aliexpress. You can even automate the process of editing titles.

With all the diversity, in the process of manual editing you will use a limited number of text replacement options. To make the text unique, you can create a lot of autochange rules. In the end, the result of automatic and manual editing will be virtually indistinguishable and will save you many hours that you can spend with greater benefit. For example, use for more important things.

Direct Webstore

In an attempt to show my wrong, you lose the main idea of creating an Alidropship plugin - automating the processes of working with Aliexpress. You can even automate the process of editing titles.
When it comes to creating quality sites with original and engaging titles, descriptions and other site content, automation can only do so much. That is, it can handle the "non creative" aspects such as importing basic details, images etc and handling the order processing. In this case you are wrong. Successful sites still need the human touch and a little "work".

I'm afraid you will have to wait several more decades for artificial intelligence to be as good as a human's before you get your "Flip the switch and sit back and have a beer" drop-shipping plugin. lol ;) Meanwhile, a "little" actual work is still required. And it's made much easier by not wasting time worrying about pedantic issues that really are a non issue.

;)

Mar

automating the processes of working with Aliexpress. You can even automate the process of editing titles.
I don't see how it is possible. If ever the system edit the titles, I wonder how it would look like. Chances are the titles will be horrible.

Direct Webstore

I don't see how it is possible. If ever the system edit the titles
He's using this ...
the synonymizer,

It's like those "Article Spinner" aps that replace words with similar meaning words. They're not very accurate or reliable.

Chances are the titles will be horrible.
More than likely. Or at least cold, bland and unappealing. The "human touch" is really needed for product titles, descriptions and definitely blogs/articles.

;)

Direct Webstore

You have the talent to turn any discussion into a meaningless dispute.
Yes ... pedantic time wasters worrying about pointless issues do have that effect on me at times ... lol ;)

Aliexpress added technical info to product titles.
Edit them.

Aliexpress sellers add HEAPS of unnecessary info into product titles ... what to do?
Edit them.

Get it? No difference. It ALL gets edited in the end.

Please change the settings of the Alidropship parser to avoid trash capture.

Try making pointless requests in the appropriate place ... https://forum.alidropship.com/forums/suggestion-forum.7/ along with all the other time wasting requests. It's off topic for this thread.

I seriously doubt it would be considered though. They have far more important things to worry about with the AliWoo plugin. 99.99999% of people simply edit the titles before or after import ... as per usual. But if you can convince them to make changes for 0.000001% of people (you alone) ... then well done!

;)

Last edited:

Leo237

Try making pointless requests in the appropriate place ... https://forum.alidropship.com/forums/suggestion-forum.7/ along with all the other time wasting requests. It's off topic for this thread. ;)

You are a demagogue with blatant rudeness. I do not intend to ask your approval for placing requests where I see fit.
If you are related to the Alidropship team (Sunshine Ecommerce LLC) , have the courage not to hide behind anonymous accounts.
If you are not a member of the Alidropship team - stand aside and practice wit in other places.

I repeat once again, I do not need your opinion regarding my business or my proposals! I submit a proposal for consideration to Alidropship support and I am interested only in the opinions of the team members.

Thanks!

Direct Webstore

You are a demagogue with blatant rudeness. I do not intend to ask your approval for placing requests where I see fit.
Advising people to post in the appropriate place is not "rudeness", no matter how embarrassing it is for you. Posting in the correct place rather than making off topic posts in the middle of non relevant threads actually yields better results. It's just plain common sense and avoids the self centered, lazy and ignorant "littering" of off topic posts in threads.

You're not the first to be ignorant of forum etiquette. Posting off topic requests in threads is a big "no no" in just about all forums internet wide. Anyone with even basic "internet savvy" knows this. It will even get you suspended in some of the technical oriented ones. That won't happen in this forum though as it's for "paying customers of a paid plugin" .... but the basic common sense of posting in the correct place and not making off topic posts in threads still exists.

And I did not ask for or expect you to "Ask for my approval" on anything. Being able to express approval in the form of opinion is just a simple right of free speech inherent in all forums to ALL members. You don't have to "ask" for people to offer opinions. Obviously. ;)

If you are related to the Alidropship team (Sunshine Ecommerce LLC) , have the courage not to hide behind anonymous accounts.
I
You're also not the first to make that ridiculous assumption either ... lol ;)

I repeat once again, I do not need your opinion
You're also not the first precious little petal to be intolerant to other's opinions, nor the first to be unable to comprehend the fact that stating opinions is one of the very core purposes of a "forum". Google the word and educate yourself.

I do not need your opinion regarding my business ...
I haven't stated any opinions regarding your "business" in this thread. I've stated an opinion on a simple editing procedure. The only exception was a reply to another off topic subject from another thread, brought up by you. (product numbers)

Bottom line, you continued to engage me in conversation and I continued to respond. What else did you expect? And then when it became obvious that you were not going to sway me to your viewpoint you reacted childishly. You need to grow up a bit.

I am interested only in the opinions of the team members.
In that case, if you do not wish input or opinions from other members in this "members forum", I suggest you simply write to support@alidropship.com ... and don't continue to engage members in conversation who have a differing viewpoint to yours, especially when you are so obviously intolerant to it. Pretty simple ay?

Good luck with it. But seriously, I wouldn't hold my breath over it if I was you. And in future, try to exercise a bit more tolerance to people having different viewpoints to yours or you will continue to come off as a rude, self centered, intolerant, spoiled child.

:)

Last edited:

Leo237

You're also not the first to make that ridiculous assumption either ... lol ;)

Given your activity on the forum (in all threads), this probability is very high ...

Advising people to post in the appropriate place is not "rudeness", no matter how embarrassing it is for you. Posting in the correct place rather than making off topic posts in the middle of non relevant threads actually yields better results. It's just plain common sense and avoids the self centered, lazy and ignorant "littering" of off topic posts in threads.

The problem that I pointed out (and which could be missed by the staff of Alidropship) is directly related to the current version of the plugin.

- capturing extra information from the Title field is a parsing bug;
- it takes a couple of minutes to change the parsing rule;
- open the plugin code and I will solve the problem myself.
- if you cannot open the code - make changes on your side

Everything is elementary. No need to play endless reasoning and try to write a new Harry Potter book in your answers.

And in future, try to exercise a bit more tolerance to people having different viewpoints to yours or you will continue to come off as a rude, self centered, intolerant, spoiled child.

After reading your posts I do not think you have a moral right to talk about tolerance.

Direct Webstore

Given your activity on the forum (in all threads), this probability is very high ...
What activity? And ALL threads? Being an active forum member? Helping people with problems 98% of the time?

And maybe 2% of over 4000 posts having a bit of a joke and trolling idiots? (HINT do the math ... it seems bigger than it is in comparison ... I'm only human)

That activity? What of of it? You don't make any sense. Are you saying people should NOT be active in a forum? How strange.

The problem that I pointed out (and which could be missed by the staff of Alidropship) is directly related to the current version of the plugin.
No. It's not. It's to do with Aliexpress. It has nothing at all to do with the Alidropship plugin or it's update and this thread.

You should write to Aliexpress and ask them to stop adding the extra bits to titles (The very titles that have to be edited anyway *sigh*) if it concerns you so much. Alidropship has no control at all over what Aliexpress does. Indeed, it's been a constant problem for them lately. You just continue to make no sense.

Everything is elementary.
You're right ... but you seem to struggle to comprehend it.

After reading your posts I do not think you have a moral right to talk about tolerance.
Of course I do. I'm free to talk about tolerance all I like. Go ahead and criticise anything about me you like. I'll not only tolerate it, I'll agree if it's valid and I'll also disagree if it's not by pointing out the flaws in it. As I have above. Fair enough? So are you. You're free to talk about anything, as we all are, in the right place preferably. I'm also free to give you a heads up about that. And you're also free to feel embarrassed about it and react childishly ... if you wish. And I'm also free to point that out. Clear?

Is there anything else you'd like to engage in conversation about? Tell you what ... I will PM you so you can rant and rave to your heart's content. OK? This thread is full of enough off topic crap already. My bad. I should have just put you on ignore after you first demonstrated your inability to handle different opinions three posts back.

PM sent

Last edited: