Quantity Discount ?

SubVigil

Hello,

I'd like to inform if there is an option to provide discounts for certain quantities being added to cart ?

For example : add 2 to cart, receive 10 % discount.

Shopify has an app called 'Quantity Break'. And Woo has a plugin : Woocommerce Bulk Discount.

Is this available to work the alidropship plugin ?

cw_ong

Hi, is the bulk discount feature available on alidropship currently or as per thread starter are the use of current plugins compatible with other alidropship?

Christina

Administrator
Hi, is the bulk discount feature available on alidropship currently or as per thread starter are the use of current plugins compatible with other alidropship?

Hello, dear client!

The AliDropship plugin has 'Coupons' option. You can provide a discount setting a min. order amount, shipping, product categories or separate products, usage limit, etc. But you can't set a discount value according to the quantity of products in the cart.

As for the mentioned third-party plugin - Woocommerce Bulk Discount, you can't use it on the AliDropship Original plugin because it's not compatible with WooCommerce.
WooCommerce has their own Coupons functionality. We didn't run the test of compatibility between the AliDropship Woo plugin and Woocommerce Bulk Discount.

Since there is a feature - enable/disable "This coupon requires a minimum order amount" for the coupon, is there challenging to add a new feature - enable/disable "quantity volume discount"?

Christina

Administrator
Since there is a feature - enable/disable "This coupon requires a minimum order amount" for the coupon, is there challenging to add a new feature - enable/disable "quantity volume discount"?

We will certainly discuss that with our developpers. Thank you for suggestion.

Direct Webstore

It takes a long time to hear any news.
There's a list about ten kilometers long of all the extra things people want for the Original plugin and it's addons. I asked for an Original plugin newsletter addon compatible with the product tables two years ago and I'm still waiting. Actually, I'm not waiting anymore ... I changed to Woocommerce and solved it and other problems ... lol ;)

cattakker

Ya it seems like there's zero focus on improving the plugin's capabilities. Once you get into it, it's quite limited. I'm assuming you changed to Ali Dropship's Woocommerce version? If so, did you have to start the site from scratch? Did you have any problems? I'm worried about swapping the plugin and destroying the work I've already done lol. Can you recommend any good Woo add ons? Appreciate your input, I wish Ali would at least try SOME improvements.

Direct Webstore

Ya it seems like there's zero focus on improving the plugin's capabilities.
Zero? Hardly. They're adding new addons all the time. But Rome was not built in a day. The plugin is only a bit over two years old. In comparison, Woocommerce has been around for years, that's why there's so many themes and plugins for it. But eventually the Original plugin will have more and more addons to enhance it's functionality. But I did not want to wait and changed to Woo. Twice.

Once you get into it, it's quite limited.
The Original is great for newbies and has all the basics. It does the job. If it was to be a lot more complicated it would confuse them, I reckon. Anyone who wants more just has to use the Woo version ... but there's a bit of a learning curve with it. Most people in this forum are incapable of even using the search function here, let alone reading docs and learning Woo. lol ;) So the Original is great for them.

I'm assuming you changed to Ali Dropship's Woocommerce version? If so, did you have to start the site from scratch? Did you have any problems?
Yes. And I had to rebuild from scratch. More than once. I've gone from Original to Woo, then back to Original and now finally back to Woo again. I haven't had any problems that couldn't be solved with a bit of Googling and research. But this time around I have put all I have learned over the past two years into the rebuilding of my sites. There has been a LOT of trial and error, trying different plugins, different theme designs with Flatsome, testing, tweaking and refining ... but I enjoy all of that anyway.

I'm worried about swapping the plugin and destroying the work I've already done lol.
Simple. Backup your site (In cPanel>File Manager zip all your files and leave the zip there. No need to download it just yet ... and in PHPMyAdmin download a zipped copy of the database.) Then delete everything except your zipped files (for use later if you change your mind) and any verification HTMLs from Google, Pinterest etc. And drop all the tables from the database as well

Then do a fresh install of Wordpress, Woocommerce and the Aliwooplugin and just try it.

If you don't like it ... drop all the tables from the data base and import your backup you downloaded, delete all the files except the backup zip and the HTMLs from Google, Pinterst etc, then unzip your zipped backup .... then you're back where you started.

OR ... find a backup plugin. But make sure it "restores" as well as backs up. There is one that only restores if you buy the premium version. Sneaky bastards. I forget the name of it now .... but it was a popular one. I don't trust any of them. It's easy enough to zip your files and download the database.

Can you recommend any good Woo add ons?
There's a couple of long threads on that already. Try the search above.

I wish Ali would at least try SOME improvements.
They do! It's an ongoing thing. e.g ... the latest shipping addon they are beta testing right now. And I'm pretty sure there will be more addons as time goes by.

;)

Last edited:

cattakker

Appreciate your advice and point of view. I haven't heard anything about the shipping beta. That is the part I'm frustrated with most currently because I need more shipping pricing options. Woocommerce strangles a site's performance and limits product count because of this, and Ali's orig plugin has many lacking features, so we're stuck in the middle somewhere lol. And the coupon is kinda ridiculous because someone can either use a thousand of them, or we have to limit the entire availability of altogether! Uggg. There's just these annoying oversights that drive me crazy LOL, anyhow, it's all off my chest now. Thanks for listening.;)

Direct Webstore

Appreciate your ... point of view
Not everyone does! LOL ;)

I haven't heard anything about the shipping beta.
Look in the Beta Testing section of the forum. You may be able to get a free licence if you participate in the testing. PM Yarros and ask.

Woocommerce strangles a site's performance and limits product count because of this,
Rubbish. My sites load between 1-4 seconds. It depends on how you set it up and the hosting. This has been discussed to death in other threads. And product count is not a problem either if the already published advice is followed. @Mar has over 1500 products or more with Woo and has no problems at all .. because of her hosting and the way she's set it up. Same with me ... but it requires this ....

a LOT of trial and error, trying different plugins, different theme designs with Flatsome, testing, tweaking and refining .

.... OR reading the many threads about Woo in this forum. All the answers and solutions are there.

;)

chombovski

Thanks. A bit off-topic but might be useful to someone. If you like to gamble here're the best discounts you can get mr bet ndb.
It's basically free gambling, you can guess what can you do with it and what it can bring.