-> How tracking number works on Woo Plugin? <-

RafaelFagulha

Hello there people!

So i have been searching around the forums and im quite confused as how the tracking number is obtained on the "Shipped order" email costumization.
I already searched and obtained the site of alidropship where it helps selecting 17track and activate shipped order template.
But how exactly and where do you get the "tracking number" is it in the tracking page where you sync? then at the product page you get tracking ID, and the email is sent to the client with the tracking number where he opens and he is redirected to 17track?..

I am really confused about this matter,
if someone can explain me the steps that alidropship Woo do to obtain the tracking number and send it to costumer would help me alot!

thanks everyone for their time in this matter
Happy Easter!

Direct Webstore

Yes i have been here and completed all this steps, but in the template "order shipped" i cant see the template tracking number, will i only see it when I, indeed have an order and a real tracking number? because in the CSS i dont see any tracking

Sorry. But that makes no sense. Maybe you're just misunderstanding something. I'm certainly misunderstanding you. Are you talking about the "templates" in the theme files? That's the only place there are templates. Are you editing them in a child theme?

Does anyone else here know what he is talking about?

RafaelFagulha

woocomerce > email costumizer > order shipped

I am here, and i dont see any tracking number in my template, this is what im tryign to explain, yes i do all in my child theme.

Sorry if im not being clear!

Direct Webstore

As far as I know, the tracking number is handled and added by the plugin, not the theme. Have you experimented with a test sale? (Put Stripe or whatever into test mode)

RafaelFagulha

yes thats where my confusion came.

The alidropship plugin handles pretty well the automatation ( has its not controled with woocomerce )
But the woo version got me completely lost, will i get a tracking number even if i dont order? ( In the test )

Atleast i know i will have to handle the trackign manually for each order correct?
The main and only problem is ->
1. Where should the tracking appear for my costumer?
2. How my costumer will receive the tracking?

Damn im complety lost or maybe i'm just creating a problem where theres none.

Direct Webstore

will i get a tracking number even if i dont order?
No.

Actually, scrap what I said about a test sale. That was stupid. You'd need a "real" sale to test it and get a tracking number after the Aliexpress seller has shipped it.

Atleast i know i will have to handle the trackign manually for each order correct?
Semi manually. It's just a "click".

Damn im complety lost or maybe i'm just creating a problem where theres none.
Possibly. For me, the tracking gets added no problem.

Why don't you import something that costs 20c or something, then buy it for yourself and see how the whole process works?

They really should make a video of the process so people can see.