Not able to work with Official Brand Stores?

jaykay

Hi all,

My store is new and I am in the process of adding products regularly. Lately I came across few branded stores which claim to be official stores of big brands. They do have very high positive ratings (97% +) and aliexpress badges.

But, when I try to contact them to ask if they support dropshipping, I am getting autoresponders. I tried asking them again and again, but no success. Do you guys work with any official brands? How do you ask them about dropshipping availability? Or, you just take orders and send them a message with the order stating that this is a dropship order.

Kindly share your experience and a possible way to work with them.

Mar

Hi all,

My store is new and I am in the process of adding products regularly. Lately I came across few branded stores which claim to be official stores of big brands. They do have very high positive ratings (97% +) and aliexpress badges.

But, when I try to contact them to ask if they support dropshipping, I am getting autoresponders. I tried asking them again and again, but no success. Do you guys work with any official brands? How do you ask them about dropshipping availability? Or, you just take orders and send them a message with the order stating that this is a dropship order.

Actually you don't have to contact them just for this questions. Some is willing to respond, most are not. Of course they support anything that generate sales, that is their business. Selling to a common buyer and a dropshipper make no difference for them. The only time I get in touch with an AliExpress seller is when I have an order and that time they are eager to respond. If not you can ask help from AliExpress support and they are willing to help. Bottom line, you communicate with them when you have an order to talk about, that is when they are interested.

Last edited:

jaykay

Actually you don't have to contact them just for this questions. Some is willing to respond, most are not. Of course they support anything that generate sales, that is their business. Selling to a common buyer and a dropshipper make no difference for them. The only time I get in touch with an AliExpress seller is when I have an order and that time they are eager to respond. If not you can ask help from AliExpress support and they are willing to help. Bottom line, you communicate with them when you have an order to talk about, that is when they are interested.
Hi Mar,

As one of the most active members, I was expecting your reply :)

I partially agree with some points. But, if I will not contact those big brands beforehand then they might drop store details within the package which will expose the things we don't want to expose to our customers. And, the autoresponders are there by default, even if I tap on order query, I get an auto answer within milliseconds. So, I am not sure if I will be able to contact them with order details.

I understand that this is not the case with everyone here. But, I am just wondering if you guys ever came across something like this and what is the best way to solve this (as per your experience)?

Another strange thing is that, I tried contacting the brand directly via twitter asking them if the store on Aliexpress is actually official brand store, they simply said that they are not aware of any other sore than their official website. Not a clear yes and not a clear no either. It makes me worried and confused at the same time.

Mar

I understand that this is not the case with everyone here. But, I am just wondering if you guys ever came across something like this and what is the best way to solve this (as per your experience)?
Yes, it is not the case with everyone. Personally I don't have this experience since again, I only send a message to a seller when I have an order to talk about.
Another strange thing is that, I tried contacting the brand directly via twitter asking them if the store on Aliexpress is actually official brand store, they simply said that they are not aware of any other sore than their official website. Not a clear yes and not a clear no either. It makes me worried and confused at the same time.
It is very clear that the big brands you are talking about are counterfeit. I used to import this branded products. Since I am using Social Rabbit posting randomly, my Facebook page was banned as a result for violating intellectual property rights. Even if you don't post the products in social media, it will destroy the reputation of your store.

Direct Webstore

But, when I try to contact them to ask if they support dropshipping
ALL Aliexpress sellers support dropshipping.

The question you REALLY should be asking is if they are GENUINE REAL brands, or as Mar said above, are they counterfeit/fake?
If they are on Aliexpress, I'm guessing they're counterfeit. I couldn't imagine any real top brand selling their stuff on Aliexpress ... or even eBay for that matter.

I tried contacting the brand directly via twitter asking them if the store on Aliexpress is actually official brand store, they simply said that they are not aware of any other sore than their official website. Not a clear yes and not a clear no either.
Combined with the fact that top brands don't use Aliexpress sellers, that seems like a clear enough "no" to me.

Bottom line ... Stay away from those Aliexpress sellers.

:)

jaykay

Yes, it is not the case with everyone. Personally I don't have this experience since again, I only send a message to a seller when I have an order to talk about.
It is very clear that the big brands you are talking about are counterfeit. I used to import this branded products. Since I am using Social Rabbit posting randomly, my Facebook page was banned as a result for violating intellectual property rights. Even if you don't post the products in social media, it will destroy the reputation of your store.

Thanks for a detailed reply.
Just wanted to confirm one more thing regarding these brands. The brands you worked with are using "brand name" for the store and brand logo on the images too? For example - there is a store on aliexpress with the name "Jack&Jones" and they are using "Jack & Jones Official" as the store name and using the logo on every product image.
Should I be concerned about these type of stores too? The same scenario is with electronics and some other categories.

jaykay

Combined with the fact that top brands don't use Aliexpress sellers, that seems like a clear enough "no" to me.

Bottom line ... Stay away from those Aliexpress sellers.

Hi DWS,

Thanks for your reply.

The stores which are using "Brand name + Official" as their store name and using brand logos on images are also fake ones? I know there are sellers which are selling first copy products all around aliexpress, but these stores are openly saying that they are brand stores, they are official and using logo on each and every image. Plus, they are getting very high ratings, most of them are 97% plus. Also, they put brand story on the about section of the store. And the story is about that big brand only.

If that kind of stores are also fake, then I will stay miles away from these stores.

Thanks once again :)

Mar

Thanks for a detailed reply.
Just wanted to confirm one more thing regarding these brands. The brands you worked with are using "brand name" for the store and brand logo on the images too? For example - there is a store on aliexpress with the name "Jack&Jones" and they are using "Jack & Jones Official" as the store name and using the logo on every product image.
Should I be concerned about these type of stores too? The same scenario is with electronics and some other categories.
The brand I was talking about was Sony. I am not sure if the seller's store carry the same name. That brand banned my Facebook page. After that I did not sell this kind of branded products again, after all it is not worth it. It is very unlikely that anyone will buy the product from your store. It is very easy for everybody to browse the official website of the brand and make sure they buy the genuine product.

Direct Webstore

there is a store on aliexpress with the name "Jack&Jones" and they are using "Jack & Jones Official"
I've never heard of them. So they're hardly a "BIG brand". I think this is just a case of "exaggeration" and these "Chinese Big Brands" would be totally fine. I thought you meant "Nike" or something like that. (Or Sony in Mar's case)

The stores which are using "Brand name + Official" as their store name and using brand logos on images are also fake ones?
No idea. A bit of Googling is required.

Bottom line ... I'd take anything Aliexpress sellers say with a huge grain of salt. You just have to research them. But if it's some "Big Brand" that you or no one else has never heard of, it would probably be OK.

But would Facebook have brains enough to understand that? That's the problem. I just wouldn't mention any brand at all in Facebook ads to be safe. Just talk about the product and how "wonderful" it is and don't mention the brand, whether it's a genuine Chinese brand or a fake "World" brand at all.

:)

jaykay

The brand I was talking about was Sony. I am not sure if the seller's store carry the same name. That brand banned my Facebook page. After that I did not sell this kind of branded products again, after all it is not worth it. It is very unlikely that anyone will buy the product from your store. It is very easy for everybody to browse the official website of the brand and make sure they buy the genuine product.
I simply avoid using any product that I believe is a copy of a popular brand or even uses name of a brand in the title. I always try to work with brands which manufacture their own products. But, when I came across an official store, I thought they might be selling their stuff on Aliexpress as well and might be interested in dropshipping. Then I thought that it will be awesome to dropship some branded products, my customers might love it.

Now, I will not go for it as the brands are not confirming if the stores are actually official. And, I am not even thinking about taking this risk as the store is new and I want to establish trust among my customers.

Hi all,

Are you talking about those random no name Chinese "brands" or any established worldwide brands?

I simply avoid using any product that I believe is a copy of a popular brand or even uses name of a brand in the title. I always try to work with brands which manufacture their own products. But, when I came across an official store, I thought they might be selling their stuff on Aliexpress as well and might be interested in dropshipping. Then I thought that it will be awesome to dropship some branded products, my customers might love it.

Now, I will not go for it as the brands are not confirming if the stores are actually official. And, I am not even thinking about taking this risk as the store is new and I want to establish trust among my customers.
I would contact sales team on the official Jack & Jones website and ask them whether they sell on AliExpress.

jaykay

I would contact sales team on the official Jack & Jones website and ask them whether they sell on AliExpress.
I tried contacting some brands and they simply said that they are not aware of any other store. No brand is denying in a straightforward manner. They could simply say that the store is not their official store etc.. but they are giving political answers :rolleyes:

Direct Webstore

No brand is denying in a straightforward manner. They could simply say that the store is not their official store etc..
They don't seem to care too much either way. I'd just go ahead and sell the products with those brands. One of two things will happen ...

1. Nothing
2. The brand will contact you and ask you to stop selling them. In which case you simply remove those products.

I have a feeling number 1 will apply though.

Even if it's a huge brand like Nike, they won't immediately launch into a law suit ... they will contact you first and ask/demand that you remove the products first. I've heard several stories over the years of this exact thing happening with other big brands like Disney and Marvel.

Basically, with these small brands, there's not much risk involved. But I myself remove or cover all brand names in product photos and descriptions. The only "brand" I want in my stores are my stores own brand.

;)

Direct Webstore

big brands like Disney and Marvel.
What an amazing coincidence! I just received an email 2 minutes ago from Aliexpress. Check out Aliexpress's latest promotion.

https://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/BuZvTjm6g4_toys.htm?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=47e2844be7

They don't seem to give a damn about using big brand stuff. But if you actually tried to sell those Marvel and Disney products, there's a good chance you'd be hearing from them sometime in the future ... ;)

jaykay

They don't seem to care too much either way. I'd just go ahead and sell the products with those brands. One of two things will happen ...

1. Nothing
2. The brand will contact you and ask you to stop selling them. In which case you simply remove those products.

I have a feeling number 1 will apply though.

Even if it's a huge brand like Nike, they won't immediately launch into a law suit ... they will contact you first and ask/demand that you remove the products first. I've heard several stories over the years of this exact thing happening with other big brands like Disney and Marvel.

Basically, with these small brands, there's not much risk involved. But I myself remove or cover all brand names in product photos and descriptions. The only "brand" I want in my stores are my stores own brand.

;)

You are absolutely right. I will definitely go ahead and list the products :)