Alidropship Sitemap.xml

JoyJoy

Got a few queries on alidropship plugin:
1) in alidropship settings (SEO), when we activate the sitemap.xml and robots.txt, does it mean this will auto-generate these 2 files? When will they get generated automatically? Where can i find sitemap.xml?
2) Also hear that file sitemap.xml needs to be uploaded into the domain root folder of our website and then add this sitemap URL to google search console. Is this mandatory to improve SEO?
Thanks!

SergeFromFrance

For future reader
1) Yes, when I activate the sitemap.xml and robots.txt, these 2 files are auto-generate. The sitemap.xml exists virtually (it's not a real file in your root directory)
2) ?

Mar

For future reader
1) Yes, when I activate the sitemap.xml and robots.txt, these 2 files are auto-generate. The sitemap.xml exists virtually (it's not a real file in your root directory)
2) ?
robots.txt don't auto generate if that is what you mean. I am not sure if I understand you right. robots.txt has to be added to the site's root folder manually. Also, sitemap.xml has to be added in robots.txt. along with other rules.

Mar

Got a few queries on alidropship plugin:
1) in alidropship settings (SEO), when we activate the sitemap.xml and robots.txt, does it mean this will auto-generate these 2 files? When will they get generated automatically? Where can i find sitemap.xml?
2) Also hear that file sitemap.xml needs to be uploaded into the domain root folder of our website and then add this sitemap URL to google search console. Is this mandatory to improve SEO?
Thanks!
There are many free online sitemap generators, e. g. https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ . You will enter your site URL and it will generate the sitemap. You will add it manually to the root folder. If you are using Yoast SEO plugin, you don't need to generate and add the sitemap to your site. The plugin will take care of it. Everything about sitemap.xml is in the web. You just need to research and you will get all the right information.

Last edited:

SergeFromFrance

robots.txt don't auto generate if that is what you mean. I am not sure if I understand you right. robots.txt has to be added to the site's root folder manually. Also, sitemap.xml has to be added in robots.txt. along with other rules.

Thanks Mar for your answer, really helpfull for plugin and sitemap generator.

So, that what I have seen on my shop.

Case 1 : you don't have a file robots.txt in your root folder and you activate the SEO button in AliDropship menu.

AliDropship > Parameters > SEO
1587653084562.png

Then, if you go on your www.website.ext/robots.txt you'll see a generated content by AliDropship (the same mechanism for sitemap.xml).
Like this (for me)
User-agent: *
Disallow: /cgi-bin
Allow: /wp-includes/js
Allow: /wp-includes/css
Disallow: /wp-includes
Allow: /wp-content/plugins/alids/assets
Allow: /wp-content/plugins/alids/src
Disallow: /wp-content/plugins
Disallow: /wp-content/cache
Disallow: /trackback
Disallow: */trackback
Disallow: //trackback
Disallow: //feed/*/
Disallow: */feed
Allow: /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
Disallow: /wp-admin/
Disallow: /wp-includes/
Disallow: /*?cur=*
Disallow: /*?*cur=*
Sitemap: https://www.mywebsite.ext/sitemap.xml
Host: https://www.mywebsite.ext

Case 2 : you activate the SEO button in AliDropship menu but you have created manually a robots.txt file in your root folder.
Then, the content of physical file is displayed.

Case 3 : you deactivate the SEO button and you don't have a robots.txt file in root folder.
Wordpress creates for you the following content :
User-agent: *
Disallow: /wp-admin/
Allow: /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

Last edited:

chris37

Yet decide on that, either Alidropship inbuilt or Yoast
Yoast automatically create the sitemap for you.. I don't know about the alidropship inbuilt...eather way you must submit manual your sitemap in google console.

abkibh

Yoast automatically create the sitemap for you.. I don't know about the alidropship inbuilt...eather way you must submit manual your sitemap in google console.
Thanks for the replay, my question is, do I need to submit every time if there is change in site?