Alidropship google extension does not work

SSBN

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have deactivated, reactivated, cleared cache of all data, disabled all security plugins etc.

It seems to be related to the fact that I installed wp in a subdirectory vice directly in the root.

I get two paths to authorize, one at the root - unauthorized and one in the \wp subdirectory which is authorized. However, I must authorize the root directory each time I attempt to use the extension and although it authenticates, the message that I need to authenticate never goes away.

slagerij_adp

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have deactivated, reactivated, cleared cache of all data, disabled all security plugins etc.

It seems to be related to the fact that I installed wp in a subdirectory vice directly in the root.

I get two paths to authorize, one at the root - unauthorized and one in the \wp subdirectory which is authorized. However, I must authorize the root directory each time I attempt to use the extension and although it authenticates, the message that I need to authenticate never goes away.

Thank you! I finally fixed my "cannot authorize chrome extension" issue! Your hunch was right. I did everything you did (followed the help page linked when you get the plugin error) and I still couldn't authorize.

>> But I was using a subdirectory for my wp install <<

I understand this is not a fix for everyone, but since I was just trying to get this to work on a fresh install, this solution did the trick:

[obviously, don't do this if you have anything you care about on your wp site]

1. I nuked my wp install from cpanel->Softaculous Auto Installer (might not be what you use)
2. reinstalled clean, but:
- no plugins
- no subdirectory! <<< THIS
- no themes
3. install alidropship plugin from email zip, refreshed, updated plugin from site
4. uninstalled alidropship chrome extension, reinstalled
5. reloaded my wordpress admin page
6. clicked the alidropship extension icon, and

IT WORKED!

Thanks again, I was out of ideas and getting frustrated. Happy now -

-Slag

SSBN

Hello, please deactivate and activate AliDropship Google Chrome extension - and reauthorize your site, it should help.

https://help.alidropship.com/add-ons/alidropship-google-chrome-extension

I have deleted, reinstalled, activated, deactivated, reauthorized over and over again and followed the recommendations. while the site shows as being activated I still have the message to authorize and the onscreen icon is still grayed out.

See my post above about installing wp in a subdirectory. My site has always been installed in a subdirectory and previously it worked fine.

I can install the russian version alidropship PRO app and that works but I don't like the way it imports.

What other recommendations can you offer that might work?
Alidropship Auth.jpg

Last edited:

LightlyScorched

1. I nuked my wp install from cpanel->Softaculous Auto Installer (might not be what you use)
2. reinstalled clean, but:
- no plugins
- no subdirectory! <<< THIS

IT WORKED!

-Slag

YIKES ~ one should not need to nuke their entire store and start over to get their plugin to work. Surely there is a better solution for others who will search for this topic. As for me, I had to uninstall the extension, reinstall, click its tiny icon, authenticate each of my stores and that was it. The Alidropship staff might need to fix the extension to account for non-root installations.