Indonesia Specific Issues (Money/Paypal/Credit Card)

andylo9

Hi guys,

This is my first day in the forum. I'm based in Jakarta, trying to take a shot now on drop-shipping.

I have binged read lots of the guide and blog articles for the past week; I want to commend @Yaros and team for the effort in carefully delivering detailed comprehensive article day in day out.

A couple of questions I have which are general and probably specific to Indonesia (if anyone here from Indonesia or elsewhere have some inputs, I'd be thankful).

1. Aliexpress suppliers will accept various method of payments. (See screenshot). I note here, possible options available for me to pay ie. Western Union, Credit Card, Doku (Paypal) and Bank Transfers. Most convenient would be to use Paypal and Credit Card. Any issues I need to know here? I keep hearing someone has issues with $1000 limit on Paypal - but I don't fully understand it. Last I checked Paypal site, I don't see I have that problem - but I would think Paypal will need to comply to regulation of Bank Indonesia which limits the amount of $$ you can pay every month outside or they allow any amount subject to documentary proof of transfers?

2. For Indonesian merchant, I think the only available methods of receiving money for my webstore is Credit Card and Paypal. Correct? Are there other restrictions?

3. Kindly confirm if my understanding is correct?
a. Customer buys item from my webstore and credit my Paypal account (of which the funds will not be released to me until they receive the item and confirm acceptance of shipment.
b. I then place an order to Aliexpress supplier and PAY them on the day, then they will begin shipment.
c. Aliexpress supplier drop-ship the item to my customer to confirm receipt
d. Then Paypal disburse the money to me

4. There is no limit right on maximum foreign currency transfer outside Indonesia - as long as there is evidence proving that I am making transfers to Aliexpress suppliers for purchase of goods and services?

Indonesia banking/payment system is very more regulated than most, which kinda sucks! - so my concern is if I ever have any chance of scaling the drop-shipping business to large sales every month.

Thanks guys!
Andy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.35.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.35.45 PM.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: ebi

Sigit Irawan

Saya dari Indonesia bro. Menggunakan paypal baik2 saja kok. Untuk order di aliexpress aku pakai kartu kredit. Withdraw dr paypal ke bank lokal cukup sehari udah nyampai kok. Gak ada dana di tahan. Namun kl akun paypal masih baru biasanya di tahan dulu selama 21 hari. Habis itu ya lancar

andylo9

Saya dari Indonesia bro. Menggunakan paypal baik2 saja kok. Untuk order di aliexpress aku pakai kartu kredit. Withdraw dr paypal ke bank lokal cukup sehari udah nyampai kok. Gak ada dana di tahan. Namun kl akun paypal masih baru biasanya di tahan dulu selama 21 hari. Habis itu ya lancar

Makasih bro Sigit. Salam kenal! Ada pertanyaan tambahan, hehe.

1. Pake payment gateway yg lain kah selain Paypal? Kalo tadi sempet browsing2 - sepertinya bisa juga pake 2checkout dan Paytabs ya (Indonesia is supported) - cuma harus ada proses approval untuk beberapa dokumentasinya.

2. Lalu kalo omset besar gimana, haha. Apakah, ada limit per bulannya maksimal pake kartu kredit apa ada batasannya terlepas dari batasan limit kartu kredit?

Thanks, bro Sigit.

Sigit Irawan

Hanya pakai paypal bro. Aply paytab dan checkout blm di aprove. Gak ada limit kl cc untuk order di aliexpress asal udah di verifikasi sama aliexpress, pengalaman sih diminta foto cc bro. Kl cc limitnya dah habis ya di reload bro biar bisa dipakai.

syahruldoank

Hanya pakai paypal bro. Aply paytab dan checkout blm di aprove. Gak ada limit kl cc untuk order di aliexpress asal udah di verifikasi sama aliexpress, pengalaman sih diminta foto cc bro. Kl cc limitnya dah habis ya di reload bro biar bisa dipakai.
Kalau bayarnya pake doku, di verifikasi sama aliexpress nya seperti apa bro sigit? Apa foto ktp yg diminta atau gimana?

syahruldoank

Gimana kalau sesama pengguna alidropship asal indonesia bikin grup wa aja? Biar bisa saling support satu sama lain. Komunikasi juga lebih mudah.

Mar

Customer buys item from my webstore and credit my Paypal account (of which the funds will not be released to me until they receive the item and confirm acceptance of shipment.
I am not sure if this is correct. In my country and I think in other countries too, I can transfer the funds from Paypal account to my bank immediately upon receipt regardless of the order received or not by the buyer. Sometimes it take only a day and the money is already in the bank and I can use the money to pay the order in AliExpress. I know that Paypal is different in every country. If what you say here is true in your country, that is not good.

Direct Webstore

I have binged read lots of the guide and blog articles for the past week;
That alone makes you relatively unique in this forum. The bulk of the members here are incapable of doing any research at all. Either here, the docs, blogs or even on Google. Good luck. :)

But seeing as this seems to be a Bahasa Indonesia language thread in an English language forum ... I'll leave you guys to it. I don't have time to use Google Translate all the time.

;)

Last edited:

andylo9

That alone makes you relatively unique in this forum. The bulk of the members here are incapable of doing any research at all. Either here, the docs, blogs or even on Google. Good luck. :)

But seeing as this seems to be a Bahasa Indonesia language thread in an English language forum ... I'll leave you guys to it.

;)

That's an old post, mate. Since then, I learnt that this shit is complex. There's always new hurdles every step of the way - part of the journey. Need to keep on truckin' and consciously remind yourself that this is a marathon, not a 100-m dash, else, you get burnt out.

Direct Webstore

That's an old post, mate.
Yeah. Just saw the one from 38 minutes ago though.

There's always new hurdles every step of the way
Need to keep on truckin'
remind yourself that this is a marathon, not a 100-m dash, else, you get burnt out.

Are you an American living in Jakarta? Or an Indonesian who's been watching a lot of American movies? lol ;)

I'm just below you in Australia ... that country that Indonesia loves .. lol ;)

andylo9

Yeah. Just saw the one from 38 minutes ago though.

Ah right. Sorry. I have never chatted so much in a forum before ever, lol. Never enjoyed the format.
I'm just below you in Australia ... that country that Indonesia loves .. lol ;)

Local born and bred here, mate. I lived in Melbourne/Sydney for 5 years back in 1994-1998 ... I love the Aussies!, and their sense of mateship :) Good people!