Do i need any licence to start dropshipping business

Newavenues

Hi
I am geographically located in India and i want start the Dropshipping business on Aliexpress and i want to sell my products to USA based customers. Do i need any licence or registration to sell my products to USA based customers.

mogul

You don't need any license to start a Dropshipping business, however it is advisable you register an LLC in the US after you start making profits, to look more convincing.

SachinAmin

You don't need any license to start a Dropshipping business, however, it is advisable you register an LLC in the US after you start making profits, to look more convincing.
Hi Mogul ... would you have any experience in how would you use the US registered LLC towards payment processor and a bank account. As to create a physical bank account you need to visit US and most payment processor don't support virtual bank account. What paymnet processor do you use ? Kindly if you could shed some light on the same as I am on the edge .

mogul

Hi Mogul ... would you have any experience in how would you use the US registered LLC towards payment processor and a bank account. As to create a physical bank account you need to visit US and most payment processor don't support virtual bank account. What paymnet processor do you use ? Kindly if you could shed some light on the same as I am on the edge .
I heard recently that stripe no longer supports virtual accounts numbers, however there is another alternative known as stripe atlas that allows you to incorporate a company in the US and receive payments online

SachinAmin

I heard recently that stripe no longer supports virtual accounts numbers, however there is another alternative known as stripe atlas that allows you to incorporate a company in the US and receive payments online

They will approve only if your business is good fit for them and is very slow process and currently open for US founders and non US subject to approval ... not very positive response .

petersena

In the beginning, of course, you can work without a license, but if suddenly you want to expand, you need to get a license. Because you are responsible for the quality of goods. I am sure that it is better to buy a license because you will have problems with the state if you do not do this. There are different types of licenses, and to find out which one you need, I recommend reading the information here https://licensecost.com/wisconsin-business-license-cost/. Moreover, you will find out how much your type of license costs and what benefits you will get.

Last edited:

EbanDousan

You're getting horrible advice. No, you do not require a DBA. They've always been used to open a bank account in your company's name, which you don't need; they're for receiving checks to "Joe's Hardware" rather than "Joe Smith." EIN? What's up with your social security number? When it comes time to file your taxes, the EIN will be a short entry near the bottom. SSN will be conspicuous and prominently displayed. You are born as a sole proprietor and are not required to form a business company until you want to do so. Thus, even www.networklondon.co.uk is saying businesses are not done out of stone.

Last edited: