FINDING SAME PRODUCT ON GOOGLE SEARCH AT WHOLESALE PRICE

allant

Hi, I have just started building my dropship site, using wordpress, divi builder and woocommerce, it's a breeze with the aliexpress plugin.

I download products one at a time through the plugin, making sure to edit the product header and the url, write my own long and short description.

Once finished I test on google search, i.e. "15L Military Style Backpack" and discover that Aliexpress is showing the same product at the wholesale price.

Any suggestions as to how I can get around this?

allant

Hi i don't understand your question fully. Get around what exactly?
You want your website to show up at that page/spot?

Hi sorry I haven't explained properly.

I title a product "15L Military Style Backpack" and change the url accordingly.

When I do a google search on "15L Military Style Backpack" to check the competition Aliexpress shows the exact same product on google search at the wholesale price. Which means if I do my SEO correctly and get a decent page placement for that product, anyone searching for that term will see the same product at half the price I am selling it.

Mar

Hi sorry I haven't explained properly.

I title a product "15L Military Style Backpack" and change the url accordingly.

When I do a google search on "15L Military Style Backpack" to check the competition Aliexpress shows the exact same product on google search at the wholesale price. Which means if I do my SEO correctly and get a decent page placement for that product, anyone searching for that term will see the same product at half the price I am selling it.
It is a fact and you cannot stop it, when you search a product of your site in Google it will trigger hundreds of online stores including the big players like AliExpress selling the same product at much lower price and your site is not even there.

Here you will see the difference of marketing in Social Media. In search engines, the intention is to search for products and probably buy, while in social media, e. g. Facebook, the intention is to socialize with family and friends. In social media, the intention to search for products and buy is less than in search engines. But with your ads, many times people end up buying and in your store since they don't see any other store selling the same product. In search engines, even if the search trigger your site and at the top of the page, with all other sites in the same page, chances of people buying in your store is still very low.

Kaykay

It is a fact and you cannot stop it, when you search a product of your site in Google it will trigger hundreds of online stores including the big players like AliExpress selling the same product at much lower price and your site is not even there.

Here you will see the difference of marketing in Social Media. In search engines, the intention is to search for products and probably buy, while in social media, e. g. Facebook, the intention is to socialize with family and friends. In social media, the intention to search for products and buy is less than in search engines. But with your ads, many times people end up buying and in your store since they don't see any other store selling the same product. In search engines, even if the search trigger your site and at the top of the page, with all other sites in the same page, chances of people buying in your store is still very low.
So, in essence, our first port of call for customers/buyers should be the social media and not to try to work on the search engines listing. Am I correct?

Mar

So, in essence, our first port of call for customers/buyers should be the social media and not to try to work on the search engines listing. Am I correct?
I received many emails from people claiming to be experts in CEO asking very high cost. When I asked them how they deal with the competition in search engines, the answer is competition is always there. So I really doubt how effective it is. Some is pay per click (PPC), but click don't necessarily result in purchase, but you pay. I tried Google Adwords and it was the worst. You are competing head to head with the big players who have all the money to spend for ads. You will go bankrupt before making the first sale. I am not an expert in marketing but that is my observation. Maybe some members of the forum know better.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Simply give it a more unique name. Like "Army Style Backpack" and put the "15 litre" info in the description.
There is also the fact that 80% of the World's population are complete idiots too stupid to do cross searching.

Kaykay

Simply give it a more unique name. Like "Army Style Backpack" and put the "15 litre" info in the description.
There is also the fact that 80% of the World's population are complete idiots too stupid to do cross searching.
Yea, thats true... twisting the name a little bit makes it unique to both humans and the search engines.

Kaykay

I received many emails from people claiming to be experts in CEO asking very high cost. When I asked them how they deal with the competition in search engines, the answer is competition is always there. So I really doubt how effective it is. Some is pay per click (PPC), but click don't necessarily result in purchase, but you pay. I tried Google Adwords and it was the worst. You are competing head to head with the big players who have all the money to spend for ads. You will go bankrupt before making the first sale. I am not an expert in marketing but that is my observation. Maybe some members of the forum know better.
Thanks for your input,,,, Just like you said... maybe some members who have more experience on SEO could throw more lights on this soon.

Direct Webstore

maybe some members who have more experience on SEO could throw more lights on this soon.
Making the name/title and description unique is all the light you need ... just avoid "duplicate content" at all costs. Simple as that. There are no other "hidden SEO secrets" (apart from using relevant key words in the title and description, of course) . :)