How to add shipping cost to only a single item

Sajimus

Hi

I'm new and about to launch my dropship store. I want to adjust shipping on one item only, and I can't really find a way or sure how to make just one item effected by a custom shipping amount. I can only see it effecting all shipping. Can someone instruct me step by step please. I have the original aliexpress pluggin. Sorry to be a pain.

Last edited:

RobynM

Hi,
Yes, I would be interested to know this too. I have a few larger items in my store, that I certainly wouldn't ship free or even e-packet. It would be good to be able to adjust the shipping cost on an individual item, perhaps be able to use the method and fee charged by Aliexpress themselves.

Christina

Administrator
Hi

I'm new and about to launch my dropship store. I want to adjust shipping on one item only, and I can't really find a way or sure how to make just one item effected by a custom shipping amount. I can only see it effecting all shipping. Can someone instruct me step by step please. I have the original aliexpress pluggin. Sorry to be a pain.
Hi,
Yes, I would be interested to know this too. I have a few larger items in my store, that I certainly wouldn't ship free or even e-packet. It would be good to be able to adjust the shipping cost on an individual item, perhaps be able to use the method and fee charged by Aliexpress themselves.

You can go to AliDropship -> Settings -> Shipping and edit one of shipping methods the way you wish (set an appropriate title, delivery time, shipping cost).
Shipping ‹ My cool website — WordPress 2018-09-12 13-47-55.png

Then, go to Product -> Product Options -> Shipping and enable the shipping method you need.

RobynM

Thanks @Christina. Is it possible to create multiple shipping costs? For example, have a cost structure of $10, $20, $30 where the freight for heavier items is calculated by weight? I'm thinking like for heavier items like furniture, or electrical appliances where the freight cost will vary depending on how much the item weighs.

Christina

Administrator
Thanks @Christina. Is it possible to create multiple shipping costs? For example, have a cost structure of $10, $20, $30 where the freight for heavier items is calculated by weight? I'm thinking like for heavier items like furniture, or electrical appliances where the freight cost will vary depending on how much the item weighs.

You should remember that the plugin has only 4 sections of shipping method you can edit.
Perhaps, it is easier to divide such products into some categories and apply to each category the particular pricing formula including the shipping cost. Hope that helps you.

Mar

Remember that shipping cost by weight still vary from country to country and the seller who will ship the product would not care about that formula.

RobynM

@Christina Would a possible solution be ... to add the cost of say the most expensive shipping (for example only) to the product price before shipping costs ? Then could even use FREE SHIPPING method as the cost of shipping is already included. This way could then be used for any individual product .... correct?

Christina

Administrator
@Christina Would a possible solution be ... to add the cost of say the most expensive shipping (for example only) to the product price before shipping costs ? Then could even use FREE SHIPPING method as the cost of shipping is already included. This way could then be used for any individual product .... correct?

This way can be used for a particular product category, because you add the shipping cost to a particular pricing formula.