Plugin for Staging Version

Mostafa

(My thread is a mix between suggestion and a complain)

I have a problem with my license and I think that this is something you should be addressing in the future.

I have a license for my website that's working perfect, but when I started using it and built the staging version, Alidropship team told me that the license is only valid for one website and I cannot activate it for staging.

Here's why this is an issue (at least for me)

1- woocommerce websites do have lots of issues that might come up especially when you want to add customized features, so that's why I have a staging version.

2- Staging version is not for profitable purpose, its just a mirror for the original one. So no need to get a new one.

3- How do you guys expect that a user can pay another $89 for the plugin just for staging?

So I would like you to address this issue, or come up with a rule or sub-license key that allow the plugin the be operative over staging subdomain (while its still registered on the same domain) .

In such cases, or in my case specifically, what do you guys recommend? Because now I'm idle and don't know how to move forward.

Regards,

Mostafa

Christina

Administrator
(My thread is a mix between suggestion and a complain)

I have a problem with my license and I think that this is something you should be addressing in the future.

I have a license for my website that's working perfect, but when I started using it and built the staging version, Alidropship team told me that the license is only valid for one website and I cannot activate it for staging.

Here's why this is an issue (at least for me)

1- woocommerce websites do have lots of issues that might come up especially when you want to add customized features, so that's why I have a staging version.

2- Staging version is not for profitable purpose, its just a mirror for the original one. So no need to get a new one.

3- How do you guys expect that a user can pay another $89 for the plugin just for staging?

So I would like you to address this issue, or come up with a rule or sub-license key that allow the plugin the be operative over staging subdomain (while its still registered on the same domain) .

In such cases, or in my case specifically, what do you guys recommend? Because now I'm idle and don't know how to move forward.

Regards,

Mostafa

Hello, Mostafa!

Earlier it was allowed to use the same license for subdomain, but abandoned that practice.
You can test issues on our demo sites .

Mostafa

Hello, Mostafa!

Earlier it was allowed to use the same license for subdomain, but abandoned that practice.
You can test issues on our demo sites .
Thanks Christina for your reaponse.

So can I test themes, plugins, customization of plugins or in other words, do I have full access to your demo site?

Mar

How do you guys expect that a user can pay another $89 for the plugin just for staging?
Nobody want to buy another plugin for staging and I don't understand why you need a staging version when you can build a website and put it in maintenance mode until everything is alright. This problem is your making.

Mostafa

Nobody want to buy another plugin for staging and I don't understand why you need a staging version when you can build a website and put it in maintenance mode until everything is alright. This problem is your making.

The development is an ongoing process, you can't close the website and put it in maintenance mode each time you're doing changes, that's what the staging is for, you do the changes while having the website fully functional on the other side.

Mar

you can't close the website and put it in maintenance mode each time you're doing changes
You don't have to close the website every time you are doing changes. Just put it in maintenance mode, that is what maintenance mode is for. Everything you do in staging can be done while the site is in maintenance mode. And for your information, you can always request to reset the license of the plugin to use it in other domain. Do some research.

Mostafa

You don't have to close the website every time you are doing changes. Just put it in maintenance mode, that is what maintenance mode is for. Everything you do in staging can be done while the site is in maintenance mode. And for your information, you can always request to reset the license of the plugin to use it in other domain. Do some research.

Thank you

Arnaldo

You can use WP Staging free plugin as long as it is not for testing Alidropship plugin because it won't work and cancel your license automatically on the main domain.

Let's say you want to test some plugin incompatibility, you installed your site some new plugin and it crashed your site, in such cases, yes you can create a staging copy of your site on a subdomain to test other plugins related issues. Once done, erase the staging site a go back to business on the main site.

check this video for more info:

Be careful when doing such these plugins are very resource intensive on your server and could lead to some issue too

Hope that helps.

Mostafa

You can use WP Staging free plugin as long as it is not for testing Alidropship plugin because it won't work and cancel your license automatically on the main domain.

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to help me and for providing this info.

I'm not sure If came across this plugin before, but I do remember that I found a plugin that does a staging thing but it was paid (I guess I ony saw their Pro version)

what I needed is a staging that pushes to live because the staging is where you can risk everything on (as I have Interns working on the website so anything might go wrong)

One more thing, I registered with siteground (They already privide you a staging version) but I cannot use it because AliDropShip plugin use "URL Address" in wp-admin to verify the plugin, but since the staging do have the same address, It can't be verified.

But thanks again for your reply, I will go for this plugin If I launched a second store.

Arnaldo

Yes, that's the problem here.

2 ways:

1) use a plugin like WP-staging, free does staging, paid does staging + push to live

2) use your host staging solution to push to live (free if offered like some Siteground plan or A2hosting).

If you decide to do so despite the warning I talked about earlier, normally once staging version created it will be on a sub domain with a url like www.mysite.com/stagingsite , your main license should be deactivated on main domain mysite.com. If not try to click activate "just once" on the staging site.

For me, it worked, but it was pretty resource hungry, and I did that for testing conflicting plugins, not to develop my site.

If you want to do so, backup your site first, and be bold and test.

But as I said earlier it is complicated, it's one of the very rare drawback of having an encrypted plugin. But it's like that for obvious reason.

To be honest, I wish something like that was easy to do at first, but it's like that and I don't think it will change anytime soon.

alexmorco

Its totally waste of money, No one charge that much amount just for staging, I am using WordPress on Cloudways and using WordPress staging environment that cost me lower than $10 (Depends on the server you choose), Try their service 3 days for free.