SocialRabbit Assistant?!?!?

Direct Webstore

Yeah. I'm on 2.1.5. Latest is 2.1.6 ... damned plugins on 6 of my sites won't update ... and I can't download the latest because I get a message saying License key cannot be found" ... with ALL SIX licenses.

The limited info in the changelog says "Facebook is unavailable for new users" ... so I'm guessing "Facebook assistant" is some new thing to replace the Facebook auto posting.

Who knows? Time to shoot the rabbit between the eyes with a shotgun. :)

Direct Webstore

I still can't see what it actually does. It just sits there doing nothing. There's no other controls or inputs for it anywhere. And the "Chrome" link at the bottom of it just reloads the page in another tab.

Mar

Hello, Andre M

Social Rabbit Assistant is created and set for those, who set their Facebook app before April 24th( last Facebook policies updates). So, they will be able to add pages for Facebook Promoter.
Hi Nadezhda, where is this Social Rabbit Assistant? I have created my Facebook application two days ago, so it is not created before April 24th. The latest Social Rabbit update, just today, Facebook is not there anymore, Instagram and Twitter don't have the option in the Poster where you can add templates to the post, e.g. prize, title, URL, etc. Now Twitter posts don't include URL, so it will not redirect to your site. Social Rabbit is becoming a useless application.

Direct Webstore

where is this Social Rabbit Assistant?

It's under "Settings" in Social Rabbit for sites with an APP created before April 24. For sites with Apps created after that .. it's not there. Not that it makes much difference because as I said above, it doesn't seem to do anything.

And in 8 more weeks, Facebook will be completely dead on Social Rabbit. anyway. If you go to the Social Rabbit site ... you will see that they have removed just about all references to Facebook. Now they are promoting it as just working with THREE social media outfits, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.

R.I.P Facebook/Social Rabbit. :)

I think we are all going to have to get used to the fact that we will have to search for related groups/pages on Facebook and comment on them manually. Which ... looking on the bright side ... is probably better anyway.

The only thing that slightly pisses me off is that I have paid over $400 for a bunch of licenses for apps that have now lost a major part of their functionality. On the bright side ... $400 isn't really all that much. (for me).

Last edited:

Nadezhda

Staff member
Hi Nadezhda, where is this Social Rabbit Assistant? I have created my Facebook application two days ago, so it is not created before April 24th. The latest Social Rabbit update, just today, Facebook is not there anymore, Instagram and Twitter don't have the option in the Poster where you can add templates to the post, e.g. prize, title, URL, etc. Now Twitter posts don't include URL, so it will not redirect to your site. Social Rabbit is becoming a useless application.

Hello, Mar

If your Facebook app created after April 24th, it won't work for auto-posting.
All the other features( Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest) should work well. If not, please apply to SR support( support@alidropship.com or socialrabbitplugin on skype)

Nadezhda

Staff member
I still don't see what the Facebook Assistant actually does...

... and I see no options for this either.

I guess it doesn't really matter, because in 8 weeks it will be dead anyway. lol :)

Right, Mark. But those, who created Facebook app before will be able to use promoter for that 8 weeks)

Direct Webstore

Right, Mark. But those, who created Facebook app before will be able to use promoter for that 8 weeks)
Yes ... but STILL don't know what it does and see no controls or input for it. I seem to be asking the same question over and over and getting the same non-answer over and over. LOL Never mind. I'm getting sick of asking and soon it will be all over anyway.