Social Rabbit plugin and Facebook after 1 Aug 2018

hades

Hi,
I was about to purchase the Social Rabbit plugin and then i saw this on the purchase page .

"According to the new Facebook Policy Updates, the service of autoposting on Facebook are not available for apps, created after April, 24, 2018. The apps, created before this date will act until August 1, 2018."

So doe this mean that Social Rabbit will not work for Facebook after 1 August 2018?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi,
I was about to purchase the Social Rabbit plugin and then i saw this on the purchase page .

"According to the new Facebook Policy Updates, the service of autoposting on Facebook are not available for apps, created after April, 24, 2018. The apps, created before this date will act until August 1, 2018."

So doe this mean that Social Rabbit will not work for Facebook after 1 August 2018?
We're working on FB Promoter at the moment. Hopefully, the fix will be available soon. Once this is fixed, we'll do our best to find a solution to the FB Posting issue.

Direct Webstore

Are you currently running SR on Instagram?
I was, as of 3 weeks ago ... at the moment I'm changing all my sites over to the Woo plugin.

It's only Facebook that is changing permissions after August. The other social platforms are not affected.

kevpola

I received an email to submit the social rabbit app for review from Facebook. They say I will loose function if it is not submitted. Which
are the correct permissions and features to choose with my app review submission?

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I received an email to submit the social rabbit app for review from Facebook.

That's strange. It's the developers of the app that should submit it for review. Are you a Social Rabbit developer? Are you sure it actually said the "Social Rabbit" APP specifically? You sure you're not talking about the emails EVERYONE are getting right now about the normal apps you setup for your site for social sharing etc? I've just received emails for all 6 of my sites for those ... and if you read the "guidelines" from the link they give you, you'd see that you don't need to worry about those.

Last edited:

kevpola

The message was from Facebook with a link to Facebook for developers and my app. I called my app Social Rabbit.

My question is what permissions do I need to select when I submit for review?

Below is from Facebook for developers.
"App Review required by August 2, 2018 to retain access to Facebook Platform APIs
The Facebook App Review process and API permissions model have been updated. Learn more.
In order to maintain your current API access, your app will need to be submitted for review by August 2, 2018. If your app is not submitted for review, you will lose access to these permissions and features.

• user_link
  • user_gender
  • user_age_range
The Facebook Platform APIs have been updated with these changes. Please review the FAQ to ensure you request the correct permissions and features with your app review submission.
If access to the permissions and features is approved, the app may need to be associated to a verified business to complete App Review."

Direct Webstore

I called my app Social Rabbit.

Strange thing to do.

Anyway ... everyone is getting those emails. Read the the two links they provide. Bottom line ... you don't have to do anything. If you don't believe me ... read the information provided in those two links yourself. :) ... UNLESS you are using an app for login that collects age, address etc from users.

If it will make you feel any better .... just click the "Start Submission" button ... but the info says that is not necessary.

kevpola

Thank you, why would I not believe you? I am new to this stuff so would rather be sure than make a costly mistake.

What about the first line? "
App Review required by August 2, 2018 to retain access to Facebook Platform APIs"

When I submit for review it gives me a list of items to select for the review, I have no idea which ones to select.

Direct Webstore

As long as you don't have any apps that collect user's friends, addresses, , age or gender you don't need to do anything. Social Rabbit and Social Sharing buttons etc collect none of that info.

When I submit for review it gives me a list of items to select for the review, I have no idea which ones to select.

Like I said earlier ... you don't "need" to submit anything. Click them all ... it won't make any difference ... except possibly annoy a Facebook employee. But I'm betting they will be getting many confused people clicking that Summit button unnecessarily.

I suggest you Google this if you want more clarification. This has nothing to do with the Social Rabbit app "specifically" ... it's for ALL apps.

Direct Webstore

What about the first line? "
App Review required by August 2, 2018 to retain access to Facebook Platform APIs"

If you read the info they provide you will see that only applies to apps that collect user's friends, addresses, , age or gender information. Apps that don't collect that info do not need to be submitted.

Direct Webstore

Could someone else here confirm what I'm saying? Who knows ... maybe I've gone completely crazy, lost my ability to read and am 100% wrong. lol :)

Direct Webstore

Here is the link to the review guidelines if anyone is interested. As far as I can see if you have just set up a basic app to get an app number for Social Rabbit, Social sharing etc ... you don't need to get that basic app reviewed.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/

"Apps that Do Not Require Review
Your app does not require review if it only uses:

• Social plugins
  • Facebook's mediated sharing products, like the web sharing dialog or the iOS or Android share sheets
  • Facebook Login, where the only data being accessed is email, name, and profile photo"

Apps that Require App Review
Your app requires review if it uses the following functionality:

• Facebook Login and also asks for a person's birthday, location, hometown, gender, age range, or link to profile