SiteGround Host Issues

Tinhead

Hi, I am having a few issues with AliDropship Woo Plugin using a lot of Resources on my GOGeek Plan over at Siteground.

I read a few posts on here to people that use Siteground as a host but dont seem to have any problems, looking at the list of scripts that is getting used the most it seems this it is as below

/wp-json/alids/v1/update

Do anyone know of a way that could fix this issue?

Thanks in Advance

Mar

Hi, I am having a few issues with AliDropship Woo Plugin using a lot of Resources on my GOGeek Plan over at Siteground.

I read a few posts on here to people that use Siteground as a host but dont seem to have any problems, looking at the list of scripts that is getting used the most it seems this it is as below

/wp-json/alids/v1/update

Thanks in Advance
My wehost used to be Siteground, due to restrictions with resources, I move my my site to other host provider.

/wp-json/alids/v1/update

Thanks in Advance

I m using siteground as well as my hosting provider and has hosted my two websites. But i dont face any of these problems.
m using GOGeek plan as well.

Tinhead

I m using siteground as well as my hosting provider and has hosted my two websites. But i dont face any of these problems.
m using GOGeek plan as well.

Can you tell me what Settings you use for Automatic Updates, as this believe this is what is causing the problems

Ensure if you disable the updates, you keep a eye on your products as this will stop updating product stock and price. I would recommend you look into DigitalOcean, you can manage a site with >=200 products on their servers with no problems. Though you will need to know how to setup and manage a server on your own.

Tinhead

Does anyone else have problems with the Auto Update feature set to Auto Daily using a lot of host resources? ?

Well the way they have the plugin setup seems to be a constant updates throughout the day as well as the bulk update during the day at some point once. This doesn't seem to be able to be set at a specified time though. Maybe a feature addition to be recommended.

Does anyone else have problems with the Auto Update feature set to Auto Daily using a lot of host resources? ?
I have more then 400 products are i daily update it and constantly adding more products.
you can check the resources states in the siteground cpanel in the left side bar that which script is taking too much resources.
I ran into a cpu over use problem then when i check the status then it was WORDPRESS heartbeat function which was making a lot AJAX requests.
so what i did was to install WORDPRESS HEARTBEAT plugin to control the number to requests.
I set it to 60 for dashboard, frontend and backend.
Here is a tutorial at siteground, hope this will help ya.
https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/limit-heartbeat/

But I m also thinking about changing my webhost from siteground but still looking for a good hosting provider with high uptime and connection speed. I am thinking about VPS so that i wont have these nonsense restrictions.

Sunster

Staff member

/wp-json/alids/v1/update

Thanks in Advance

Yaros and his team did a great job to mitigate the affects the update would have on your hosting but there are a lot of factors that could be causing the issue. You should not have to disable it though. You will have to check everything on your end first and then it would be your web hosts turn.

Sunster

Staff member
But I m also thinking about changing my webhost from siteground but still looking for a good hosting provider with high uptime and connection speed. I am thinking about VPS so that i wont have these nonsense restrictions.

My suggestion would be to not waste money on a vps. It's overkill and not required really.

Tinhead

If your looking for a more robust setup and don't mind messing with servers, i use digitalocean for all my needs. I even wrote a tutorial a few months back on how to setup a server from scratch that even a non-techie can use. (https://whitedog.tech/step-by-step-web-server-setup-from-scratch/) and if your intrested in digitalocean i have a referral code you can use ($10 free credit - https://m.do.co/c/207f07e9d842) (no referral: https://digitalocean.com)

Hi mate, finsihed setting up my server but I seem to have issues with connecting the Chrome Alidropship extension, it keep saying

"The requested URL /oauth1/extension was not found on this server."

Any idea on how to fix this issue, been searching every where but cant fin any info

If your looking for a more robust setup and don't mind messing with servers, i use digitalocean for all my needs. I even wrote a tutorial a few months back on how to setup a server from scratch that even a non-techie can use. (https://whitedog.tech/step-by-step-web-server-setup-from-scratch/) and if your intrested in digitalocean i have a referral code you can use ($10 free credit - https://m.do.co/c/207f07e9d842) (no referral: https://digitalocean.com)

Well i like your suggestion but setting up bare metal server and the most important part is SECURING it, is not easy thing to do especially if a person doesnt have much knowledge about servers and linux. especially for formmail, rootkit, breach detection, brute force detection etc, which is quite painful process.
but anyway i like your tutorial and its in quite details. thanks for that.
I will keep your referral in mind. if i want vps then i will definitely use your referral.

My suggestion would be to not waste money on a vps. It's overkill and not required really.
Thank you for that. but i want another suggestion. i have currently around 410 products and my aim is to have around 2500 and more products. Dont you think if i update them at once then it will take a lot of shared hosting resources and in the result my website can go offline bcoz of limited resources.
what do you suggest in this case.
thanks

Sunster

Staff member
Thank you for that. but i want another suggestion. i have currently around 410 products and my aim is to have around 2500 and more products. Dont you think if i update them at once then it will take a lot of shared hosting resources and in the result my website can go offline bcoz of limited resources.
what do you suggest in this case.
thanks

No definitely not, if you do a manual update, (unless anything has changed, someone can correct me) it will update all of your products at once but even then, your host should be able to handle. Of course that's if everything on your end and their end is setup up correctly. And for auto updating, only a few products (3-5 per cycle) get updated per hour i believe so that should not have any affect.

Not sure if you are on mobile and can't see my sig, but pm me if you want and i can set you up with hosting and get rid of any issues your are having.

Hi mate, finsihed setting up my server but I seem to have issues with connecting the Chrome Alidropship extension, it keep saying

"The requested URL /oauth1/extension was not found on this server."

Any idea on how to fix this issue, been searching every where but cant fin any info
Well looks like wordpress is having some issues, a few things to try (if you followed my tutorial) would be to try the following:
1. Install the php-xml package (sudo apt-get install php-xml) this will relieve errors from ajax.php
2. Try the wordpress permission fix: this file is located at https://github.com/whitedogtech/nginx-init-script/blob/master/wp-fix.sh

cd
wget https://github.com/whitedogtech/nginx-init-script/blob/master/wp-fix.sh
chmod +x ~/wp-fix

2A. once downloaded you use it like the following: eg. my files are at /srv/whitedogtech/public_html/ so i would run "sudo ~/wp-fix.sh /srv/whitedogtech/public_html/"

This will take a few minutes on a bigger site from time to time, this is also very useful if you bulk upload files to your wordpress install to correct file and folder permissions.

One thing to note, if you continue down the route with digitalocean, check your login panel for Networking-> Firewall and setup a firewall for your server, to do this add port 80 and port 443 access able by everyone, after that add a rule for ssh access (port 22, unless you changed it) to be accessible by and to your ip only. Goto http://whatismyip.host/, once you have your ip enter it as such in the firewall panel: "x.x.x.x/32" this will tell the panel that *only* your ip address is able to access this server.

If this helps then great your on your way, if your still having issues, double check everything and also run these commands from the terminal to see whats going on,
sudo tail -f /var/log/nginx/access.log - check here for file permissions
sudo tail -f /var/log/nginx/error.log - if you have errors check this

The sudo tail -f {filename} is a log watcher, once you run it it will keep reading out new lines in the specified log file. To exit the log reader, press ctrl + c.

No definitely not, if you do a manual update, (unless anything has changed, someone can correct me) it will update all of your products at once but even then, your host should be able to handle. Of course that's if everything on your end and their end is setup up correctly. And for auto updating, only a few products (3-5 per cycle) get updated per hour i believe so that should not have any affect.

Not sure if you are on mobile and can't see my sig, but pm me if you want and i can set you up with hosting and get rid of any issues your are having.
Also, a note on this comment. From my viewings of my logs, when it updates my ram shoots up and it does a "bulk" update, this is not 1 or 2 products every few minutes, but rather a successive list of products being updates all at once. This is most likely what bogs down most people's hosts and should beconfigurable via a setting for how often / how many products to update. This is the only time i see a big usage in ram and bandwith usage.

ram.png