BIG SUGGESTION - Stopping imported, unedited products from showing live on my site when importing!!!??

Beckster

Hello again -

A big suggestion is to please stop the Alidropship plugin from publishing LIVE unedited products (I have chosen to import) straight into the shop page! This is hyper annoying. I don't edit anything on the fly as I need to customize the product pages before publishing. This happens every time I wish to import new products on a live store... Your pop up box over on aliexpress has the published tab ticked and I cannot untick it so it always publishes...I also tried to just press the other tab: export to 'uncatagorized' but this then publishes a new category with the unedited product listing showing to customers!!! Please add a tab that goes DIRECTLY and ONLY to Draft folder....so it is ALWAYS hidden and not visible on search i.e. never publishes live. Many thanks...

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hello again -

A big suggestion is to please stop the Alidropship plugin from publishing LIVE unedited products (I have chosen to import) straight into the shop page! This is hyper annoying. I don't edit anything on the fly as I need to customize the product pages before publishing. This happens every time I wish to import new products on a live store... Your pop up box over on aliexpress has the published tab ticked and I cannot untick it so it always publishes...I also tried to just press the other tab: export to 'uncatagorized' but this then publishes a new category with the unedited product listing showing to customers!!! Please add a tab that goes DIRECTLY and ONLY to Draft folder....so it is ALWAYS hidden and not visible on search i.e. never publishes live. Many thanks...
Hello Beckster,

Do you have this bulk import option in mind? Products you import using this button don't get published straightaway, they go to Import List. Please let me know if I misunderstood you.

Beckster

Hi Ekaterina,

I don't use bulk import, just import single products at a time only. I always press "edit" (Alidropship orange top bar options) and a pop up appears. The "publish" tab is always checked and you cannot uncheck it (?). I then have to press the other tab which says "uncatagorized", and then it pulls the one product from Aliexpress to the uncategorised (category) and publishes itself on the Shop page.

Should I NOT press 'edit' button in the top Alidropship orange bar, then will it go direct to "import list" only? May be this is my mistake pressing edit tab....

Rushing to not let customers see my suppliers and wholesale prices is a little stressful...lol.

Thanks for answering my question so quickly - and still absolutely rely my entire site on Alidropship Woo plugin, so thank you again many times...!!!!

B

Beckster

Just one other question Ekaterina, - how to get round the "Your product is already imported"? I have had this loads of times when say I've deleted a product but I need the listing again... I find I have to go to Chrome and clear cookies and not even that works sometimes - any suggestions how to get round this IF we need a listing imported again? TY

Beckster

So after all that, no one sees it but the logged in Admin.. Ok....!!! I now understand but will check this all the same :). TY!

pravin.p

After you edit product you get two options - Publish & Add to import list. You can move that to import list and publish from there when you are ready. Also while editing, the pricing markup formula is applied by default, so no worries on the pricing front either.

About product already imported error message, I'd try reloading both Wordpress CP and Aliexpress, try removing product from trash if its still there.

Beckster

After you edit product you get two options - Publish & Add to import list. You can move that to import list and publish from there when you are ready. Also while editing, the pricing markup formula is applied by default, so no worries on the pricing front either.

About product already imported error message, I'd try reloading both Wordpress CP and Aliexpress, try removing product from trash if its still there.
Thanks for your input. I will relook at all of this - !