Follow/Unfollow

Cookie

About FPR, it, its content curation is great but you get suck into it while curating, it's not a bad tool to work with if you can afford to spend time to fix it up, however, compared to SR, FPR doesn't have auto-like/auto-follow/auto-comment, it's really more for fanpage I think, but is it worth the time and $$ to curate stuff just for your fanpage (plus auto-post to pinterest/twitter/instagram) ? My following now on the 4 platform are puny esp my fanpage, only 3 fans so I decided not to pursue further. However, if you have a large fanpage with say 2000+ followings, then it's worth it I guess.

Enlightenup

The follow/unfollow doesn't even seem to be working for me right now. I keep getting this message "This action was blocked. Please try again later. We restrict certain content and actions to protect our community. Tell us if you think we made a mistake." There are definitely a few things that need to be fixed with SR and their CS is really crap. They were better about responding a few months ago but now they won't respond at all.

Enlightenup

I wrote to FPR and asked if they will be making a plugin so I'll let you know what they say. Hopefully we can use that to post our items too!

Cookie

Sweet, that would be cool, if they are able to make a plugin or improve on FPR since it can already auto-post to IG, the only think lacking is the auto-like/auto-follow function. hopefully SR will not cause our accounts to get banned, that's the worse. Crossing my fingers.

Cookie

If there's a way to import and post my item on auto I will switch to FPR since the follow/unfollow isn't working anyway.

It's possible to load your own product feed into the system, set and forget,

How can I publish or autopost the content from a website to my fan pages or social media accounts?
Go to the Generate Content tab, simply enter the URL of the website, and click on the Search/Load Feeds button.
That's it! Sounds like magic but it's real. Fan Page Robot will load the content from the website and you can share the posts from there.
The URL can be a URL to the homepage of a Wordpress site, a category page of a blog, a website's RSS feed, or a public social media fan page on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Youtube Channel!
If you want Fan Page Robot to autopost for you when there is new content, click on “Save Feed to Content Mixer” and then go to Content Mixer, enable the Autopost function.

And your product feed will be like this https://kittenrules.com/product/feed/
Just replace it with your own domain.

The only catch is when it post to Pinterest using your RSS product feed, the images are pretty small, depending on what the thumbnail size setting is for your website. Anyway the thumbnail size for pinterest feed is around 300 pixel in width i think, so if your website thumbnail is 200x200 it will look a bit blur on Pinterest.

Also when someone click your thumbnail in pinterest expecting to see a bigger picture, they realized they still see the 200x200 image pulled from your RSS product feed. This can work as a silver lining, that is, if they're really curious to see your product, they will click your tiny image on your Pinterest board which leads them straight to your website.

Another way to work around this is to set the website thumbnail bigger, maybe 300x300 so it will look better on Pinterest. Have not explore using RSS feed to post to IG as I was using SR to do that. As for FB and twitter, I don't think it will look weird, like on FB is a clickable image link (small square thumbnail) and same for twitter.

So you can use RSS feed to post to these 3 but for IG it will be a problem due to the image size.

Enlightenup

It's possible to load your own product feed into the system, set and forget,

How can I publish or autopost the content from a website to my fan pages or social media accounts?
Go to the Generate Content tab, simply enter the URL of the website, and click on the Search/Load Feeds button.
That's it! Sounds like magic but it's real. Fan Page Robot will load the content from the website and you can share the posts from there.
The URL can be a URL to the homepage of a Wordpress site, a category page of a blog, a website's RSS feed, or a public social media fan page on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Youtube Channel!
If you want Fan Page Robot to autopost for you when there is new content, click on “Save Feed to Content Mixer” and then go to Content Mixer, enable the Autopost function.

And your product feed will be like this https://kittenrules.com/product/feed/
Just replace it with your own domain.

The only catch is when it post to Pinterest using your RSS product feed, the images are pretty small, depending on what the thumbnail size setting is for your website. Anyway the thumbnail size for pinterest feed is around 300 pixel in width i think, so if your website thumbnail is 200x200 it will look a bit blur on Pinterest.

Also when someone click your thumbnail in pinterest expecting to see a bigger picture, they realized they still see the 200x200 image pulled from your RSS product feed. This can work as a silver lining, that is, if they're really curious to see your product, they will click your tiny image on your Pinterest board which leads them straight to your website.

Another way to work around this is to set the website thumbnail bigger, maybe 300x300 so it will look better on Pinterest. Have not explore using RSS feed to post to IG as I was using SR to do that. As for FB and twitter, I don't think it will look weird, like on FB is a clickable image link (small square thumbnail) and same for twitter.

So you can use RSS feed to post to these 3 but for IG it will be a problem due to the image size.

I love SR right now because it automatically pulls my products to Instagram. I have it set up to post to all my other SM with IFTTT. I tried putting my feed from one of my store categories in but it only takes a few of them and there aren't any photos. I would have to add each item individually and if I can't even use IG then,unfortunately it's not worth it to me.

Enlightenup

I just wish SR would fix the image alignment issue and get a better content curator like FPR. Have you tried around.io?

Cookie

I just wish SR would fix the image alignment issue and get a better content curator like FPR. Have you tried around.io?

What kind of image alignment issue you have with SR ? U allow it to auto-crop your images ? then of cos it would look funny on Social Media, esp on IG.

Yes, tried these 2 and both are good and the only ones that can pull the data from your webstore into SMM posting.

https://orangetwig.com/
https://around.io/

Bearing in mind they only work on woo, not the original. I managed to install woocommerce in order to get it to work. But as my store is built on original, it's not compatible and the developers of these 2 SMM actually told me to swap to the woo plugin for compatibility.

That means starting from scratch again. So unfortunately it didn't work out for me, not cos I didn't like it but cos its not compatible. You're lucky to be on woo, give it a spin, both have content curation which is what u want and auto-posting like SR.

Orangetwig.com even has hashtag research tool and an auto-generated marketing plan (just set it for a year with 3 clicks) Designer image templates, and a clickable instagram store too, it's a fantastic plugin, check it out.

kevgl

Something you might like to check out is http://www.postplanner.com You can also grab content to post on your facebook and twitter. Unfortunately they don't have Tumblr but that's something you can set up with http://www.ifttt.com
If you want to get IFTTT working, you will have to enable XML-RPC which is a no go for me because of the Brute Force exploit.
To bad PostPlanner features like adding videos or GIFs starts from $25 per month. Maybe this is a good one for later if i dislike Later.com & FPR.
I left Later for what it is and trying out FPR for now, this has a lot of options i need. Will let you know what i decide when i am done testing.
I don't mind that there is still work need to be done for posting, but i want news articles to be posted automatically. I will have to come up with texts, questions and other things to add in a post anyway so will think if i want to do this manually or automatically.

Enlightenup

What kind of image alignment issue you have with SR ? U allow it to auto-crop your images ? then of cos it would look funny on Social Media, esp on IG.

Yes, tried these 2 and both are good and the only ones that can pull the data from your webstore into SMM posting.

Bearing in mind they only work on woo, not the original. I managed to install woocommerce in order to get it to work. But as my store is built on original, it's not compatible and the developers of these 2 SMM actually told me to swap to the woo plugin for compatibility.

That means starting from scratch again. So unfortunately it didn't work out for me, not cos I didn't like it but cos its not compatible. You're lucky to be on woo, give it a spin, both have content curation which is what u want and auto-posting like SR.

Orangetwig.com even has hashtag research tool and an auto-generated marketing plan (just set it for a year with 3 clicks) Designer image templates, and a clickable instagram store too, it's a fantastic plugin, check it out.

Awesome, I will! No, I'm not using auto-crop. Some images on IG are more over to the right.

Attachments

• Untitled 2.png
    Untitled 2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

kevgl

If there's a way to import and post my item on auto I will switch to FPR since the follow/unfollow isn't working anyway.
Im still looking into this with FPR. Will try the RSS feed option. Would love to see the results.

Last edited:

Enlightenup

The only issue I see with these two are that they don't post automatically like SR to IG. I don't always have access to the internet so I love how SR actually automates posting.

kevgl

I did and it wouldn't load the images and only loaded some of the items..not all. The only way it would add images is if I posted the product page.
Thanks for letting me know.

Trying to post a product to social media with FPR
Attempt #1: blank product photo's.
Attempt #2: Clicked "Load original feed". Productphoto's now show up. I select one to post i see this description:

Packaging Details
Type:

piece

Weight:

0.3kg (0.66lb.)

Size:

10cm x 10cm x 11cm (3.94in x 3.94in x 4.33in)
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
and so on and so on..

Now if there was only a word/text spinner..
Besides that i am only seeing 10 pictures. Does that mean i have to regularly update it in order to keep the feed updated to..

Enlightenup

Thanks for letting me know.

Trying to post a product to social media with FPR
Attempt #1: blank product photo's.
Attempt #2: Clicked "Load original feed". Productphoto's now show up. I select one to post i see this description:

Packaging Details
Type:

piece

Weight:

0.3kg (0.66lb.)

Size:

10cm x 10cm x 11cm (3.94in x 3.94in x 4.33in)
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
and so on and so on..

Now if there was only a word/text spinner..
Besides that i am only seeing 10 pictures. Does that mean i have to regularly update it in order to keep the feed updated to..

I have no idea. Once I saw I would have to add my items individually I knew it wasn't right for me.

Enlightenup

I was really excited to check out Orangetwig but their platform doesn't work at all. It says my free trial is up but I just signed up, errors out when I try to connect my store, and won't even load curator. :,(