Facebook news

Adeel Rizvi

Hello,

I had the same problem did everything but no fix so finally I have to go down to the plugin code and fixed my issue.

This will also fix your issue as well.

Steps to fix the link issue:
  1. Login to WP-Admin.
  2. Goto Plugins => Installed Plugins
  3. Click On Edit Link For Social Rabbit
  4. And Then Select the File Called "Scheduled.php"
for your ease you can open this link and change to your domain {yourdomain}/wp-admin/plugin-editor.php?file=social-rabbit%2Fcore%2Fscheduled.php&plugin=social-rabbit%2Fsocial-rabbit.php

Then on line no 61 add this code
$data['link'] = home_url("/");

and save it. :) you are done everything will start working again.

The problem is $data['link'] contains Link which is not acceptable for facebook so better to use the home link.

Hope this helps.

Lucas4ever

Thank you so much, in line 61 it shows this 'title_post' => sr_trunc_text( $data['name'], 255, " ..." ),

do I have to add it next to the "," ?

Adeel Rizvi

Just add the line above the

$fb = new srFacebook();

for your ease attaching the screenshot and if the problem doesn't resolve then I can help you guys via remote session or you can inbox me the wp username/pass and I will fix it for you

Attachments

• wp.PNG
    wp.PNG
    291 KB · Views: 37
Hello,

I had the same problem did everything but no fix so finally I have to go down to the plugin code and fixed my issue.

This will also fix your issue as well.

Steps to fix the link issue:
  1. Login to WP-Admin.
  2. Goto Plugins => Installed Plugins
  3. Click On Edit Link For Social Rabbit
  4. And Then Select the File Called "Scheduled.php"
for your ease you can open this link and change to your domain {yourdomain}/wp-admin/plugin-editor.php?file=social-rabbit%2Fcore%2Fscheduled.php&plugin=social-rabbit%2Fsocial-rabbit.php

Then on line no 61 add this code
$data['link'] = home_url("/");

and save it. :) you are done everything will start working again.

The problem is $data['link'] contains Link which is not acceptable for facebook so better to use the home link.

Hope this helps.

Finally!! It works now!!! Thank! You're the man!!!

Adeel Rizvi

@here I have implemented Open Graph tags for facebook link sharing and improved the facebook poster if someone is interested having that please me email me at syedadeel2 at gmail

Harshad

added the code but still getting same message "
Graph returned an error: (#100) Only owners of the URL have the ability to specify the picture, name, thumbnail or description params.
"

Adeel Rizvi

added the code but still getting same message "
Graph returned an error: (#100) Only owners of the URL have the ability to specify the picture, name, thumbnail or description params.
"

If you are getting the error means you have not set up the domain on your facebook app properly. please check facebook app and make sure everything is correct. for further assistance email me at syedadeel2 at gmail

Thank you