AliExpress order closed. Need to appeal with identity docs

JulezFM39

yes, I understand that and I bet is very frustrating, considering you have a business to run :(. Thats why I suggest to contact them often, eventually someone will not want to hear from you and fix the issue ;). However as mentioned, do not harass them lol.
Hi Rodrigo! An update on the situation... a week later and still no resolution. They came back to me on Tuesday 5th and asked for yet more documents. I uploaded them immediately at 9.30am and by the end of the week, still nothing. Yesterday morning an agent on live chat gave me an escalation reference and "guaranteed" it would be finished by the end of Friday. It wasn't. I've had all my orders cancelled and can't do a thing. It's ruining my business. I daren't do any promotions until it's fixed. This is the time when I should be doing winter and Xmas promos. I must say, Ali Express is a completely crap platform for dropshippers. I've had to apologise to customers and hope to God it's resolved on Monday.... the chat agents are useless and can't offer any real help.

Tokay

Hi Rodrigo! An update on the situation... a week later and still no resolution. They came back to me on Tuesday 5th and asked for yet more documents. I uploaded them immediately at 9.30am and by the end of the week, still nothing. Yesterday morning an agent on live chat gave me an escalation reference and "guaranteed" it would be finished by the end of Friday. It wasn't. I've had all my orders cancelled and can't do a thing. It's ruining my business. I daren't do any promotions until it's fixed. This is the time when I should be doing winter and Xmas promos. I must say, Ali Express is a completely crap platform for dropshippers. I've had to apologise to customers and hope to God it's resolved on Monday.... the chat agents are useless and can't offer any real help.

Did your issue get resolved? I recently went through the exact same thing and it took 4 days, many chat sessions and many please with them to get it working again. Screwed me over good, was in the middle of a promotion and had to pull/delay everything.

JulezFM39

Did your issue get resolved? I recently went through the exact same thing and it took 4 days, many chat sessions and many please with them to get it working again. Screwed me over good, was in the middle of a promotion and had to pull/delay everything.

Hi Tokay, it eventually got resolved thanks. Took nearly 2 weeks in total. I was furious but there was nothing I could do as the chat team can't fix anything and the verification team isn't contactable by phone! I managed to keep my customers happy who were waiting for their orders to be shipped, but it was a fiasco. I have recently opened another dropshipping store using Shopify and Oberlo and I must say, the experience has been much smoother so far. I think that Ali Express has a long long way to go before they can rank alongside the likes of Amazon! Glad your issue finally got resolved.

JulezFM39

Glad to hear. Doesn't Oberlo use AliExpress too though?

Yes that's true it does, I'm just hoping that the payment process is smoother! I have some products that are imported direct from Ali Express and some that are from Oberlo Supply which is kind of a middle man. So I'm told, it moves more quickly with Oberlo Supply but I may be wrong! It's totally new to me. I have had a faster support response from the Oberlo team than Ali Dropship support, because for me in the UK, Ali Dropship Support is only available between 3AM and 12 noon due to time difference. Anyway we will see!

traviz

Hi. I just placed my 5th dropshipping order with Aliexpress and the payment didn't go through. The only thing different this time was I had added my credit card details to AliPay so I would not have to re-enter my CC info each time. They tell me now I have to go through appeal process and submit documentation for my identify, etc. They are wanting a copy of my CC and CC statement. Has everyone else on here sent a copy of their credit card to them? I'm leery of doing that due to risk of identify theft so I wanted to get feedback from others about what they have done. I'm a newbie to drop shipping and things were just starting to smooth out until this. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Tokay

Hi. I just placed my 5th dropshipping order with Aliexpress and the payment didn't go through. The only thing different this time was I had added my credit card details to AliPay so I would not have to re-enter my CC info each time. They tell me now I have to go through appeal process and submit documentation for my identify, etc. They are wanting a copy of my CC and CC statement. Has everyone else on here sent a copy of their credit card to them? I'm leery of doing that due to risk of identify theft so I wanted to get feedback from others about what they have done. I'm a newbie to drop shipping and things were just starting to smooth out until this. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

That seems odd. I'd hop onto chat with them and confirm. They blocked my payments and didn't ask for anything, it was only after I got onto chat that they told me I needed to register and verify an AliPay account - but no copy of CC or CC statement just ID documents..

Valeo

I'm going through the same situation right now. They did ask for ID, CC (front and back!), CC statement. Since my bank account is new and no statements yet I just sent them a screen capture of my online banking with account numbers and balances blocked. I didn't send them the back of the card as the security pin is something that should only go through a secured transaction channel and it should not be anyone's darn business.

Let's see. I also have orders being held up, it's been two days. BTW, those that have accessed the chat service... I can't access it, not even from the iOS app (when I try to select the 2nd question before clicking the chat now button, it spins forever and never lets me proceed). It doesn't matter which device I use, or whether I'm on wifi or cellular network.

It's very frustrating. If I can hang on for a few months on AliExpress dealing like this it'll be a miracle. I'll have to try my very best to look for a sourcing and fulfillment solution that doesn't involve AliExpress at all, but starting out it is hard if you don't have the resources for wholesale.

traviz

I'm going through the same situation right now. They did ask for ID, CC (front and back!), CC statement. Since my bank account is new and no statements yet I just sent them a screen capture of my online banking with account numbers and balances blocked. I didn't send them the back of the card as the security pin is something that should only go through a secured transaction channel and it should not be anyone's darn business.

Let's see. I also have orders being held up, it's been two days. BTW, those that have accessed the chat service... I can't access it, not even from the iOS app (when I try to select the 2nd question before clicking the chat now button, it spins forever and never lets me proceed). It doesn't matter which device I use, or whether I'm on wifi or cellular network.

It's very frustrating. If I can hang on for a few months on AliExpress dealing like this it'll be a miracle. I'll have to try my very best to look for a sourcing and fulfillment solution that doesn't involve AliExpress at all, but starting out it is hard if you don't have the resources for wholesale.

I ended up sending them a copy of my CC with most of the numbers blacked out. I had read that others had did this. I don't think I sent a copy of the back side. It took a few days but they did get my account opened back up so that my payment would go through. I would suggest sending them a copy of your card (front only) and block out all but the last 4 digits.

Valeo

Hello traviz,

Well, it's too late for blocking out the numbers on the card. I sent them a photo of the front full card... didn't send the back of the card though. Good thing my bank is very good and proactive at looking for ID irregularities, especially if they are international purchases, even more so from China. (Went I talked to the department that opens the card for international transactions this is the vibe I got from them.) Anything that looks like a fairly large order the bank will be contacting me, and they are good at asking a bit more than what's your card number, where do you live, give me the last four of your social, etc.

For the time being I am also checking my card balance and transactions once or twice a day.

Inga M

I am so glad that i can pay directly from my bank account instead of messing with creditcards

DaveNL - How do you pay with your bank? Do you do international wire transfer? Where your bank is located? How long does it take for money to reach AliExpress? I'd be grateful for info!

Inga M

Hi again Rodrigo. Thanks for your advice. What I am worried about is that I cannot even upload the documents due to the error message I get every time which is:
"The system is busy. Please try again later.
Please refresh the current page or back to My Order."
Nobody seems to have fixed this... all I can do is keep emailing the security email address!

You may get error because your document files may be too big, you need to reduce that with some image processing software

jeanericblass

Hi guys during the last transaction Aliexpress didn't accept my payment did anyone of you know how to apeal for it because my cart is on working.

mduncanvm

I'm curious if this has happened to others. It looks like on my first international shipment, AliExpress is asking for pictures of identity documents (drivers license, credit card etc). I understand their need for this but also leery of sending that information. Have you had to do this?

Yes, apparently they check info on your first order. I did a couple of private orders before launching to not have to wait once my store was up. All ok.