Copyright Infringements with Aliexpress

bingbang

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and the Alidropship plugin (which looks good btw).
One of my interests is actually Harry Potter and all the accessories that can go with it.
What, if any, are the copyright laws with branded goods as such?
Stay away or can a niche be carved out of the theme?
Thanks

sozoalvin

plenty of sites / niche can be carved out of dropshipping.

worldofharry is yaros's site and i don't think he's received any problems yet.

to be honest, you can do and sell what you want. if you get caught, just remove the products.

Ryan

I sell mostly not branded products but still got an e-mail from one brand asking me to delete their product from my site. They also attached certificates and ownership deeds.
Off course I deleted that product. But as I see they are checking my site every day now. :oops:

sozoalvin

if they are not branded, why would you worry about it? how can they claim?

and that means your website has become too popular :)

bingbang

Surely each product has a 'brand' of some sort, doesn't have to be a big brand name, but a 'brand' nonetheless. If the product 'owners' claim rights to a product on your site, just take it down.

Ed Reque

Just to be safe it is better to ask permission to the product owner if they can allow you to post their product images on your website as a reseller.

jubran

Just to be safe it is better to ask permission to the product owner if they can allow you to post their product images on your website as a reseller.
You have literally 0% chance to get a permission but either a red flag on your store if you will be asking a big company. However, if it's something from an artist or a small company, then you might have a chance to get that permission.

sweetdud

I had an anime store and got a message from stripe within 1 month to provide a letter stating if I can sell licensed anime products - The put a temp hold on my account.... I deleted the store.

Direct Webstore

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Surely each product has a 'brand' of some sort,

Yes ... but it's the fake copies made in China that's the problem. e.g. There's no problem at all selling REAL Nike shoes. There's only a problem selling fake copies of them.
If you are selling the "Xing Ping Ching" brand plastic vegetable peelers made by the Xing Ping Ching company in China ... no problem! :)

Direct Webstore

There is. You need a retail license from Nike to sell their branded products. Well, unless you have some used ones or new but personal (low quantity).
Ok...let's change thst to "There's no problem selling REAL branded products in "general" ... so we don't confuse the less pedantic readers ... lol :)