WPForms "Contact Us" not giving comfirmation

I have this issue where I have created a simple contact us form, I actually used their template provided.
When I test the form, it works great, except that the person sending the message are getting a 404 page error once they click Submit.
They should be getting something telling them the message has been sent.

Things I've tried:
  • building a new form.
  • reinstalling the plugin
  • anything else I can think of.
Has anyone else ever experienced this?

chris37

They should be getting something telling them the message has been sent.

When a customer sent you a message ,the same moment in gonna show them in the front end of your website that notification. (See screenshot)

20201227_123726.jpg

I too use wpforms for my contact page.

The message above is the default one from wpforms contacts us form

Last edited:
Why not use the Contact Us form from the theme? Are you using Alidropship themes?

Yes, it's the AliDropship Theme, but I didn't see a Contact Us page. I only seen the email address and phone number in the contact information. I also looked to see if I could build the page manually, but I don't see a way to build the form without a plugin.

When a customer sent you a message ,the same moment in gonna show them in the front end of your website that notification. (See screenshot)

View attachment 13913

I too use wpforms for my contact page.

The message above is the default one from wpforms contacts us form

Yes, this is the problem I'm having, I received the email, but the customer receives a 404 Error page

Were ever working ok ?
That's a great question, when I first installed WPForms, I set up their generic "Simple Contact Us" form. The only thing I changed was the name of the form and the Subject Line.

The first time I tried it, in Preview Mode, it worked, but after publishing, and every time after that, the 404 Error page appeared.
I have tried uninstalling the plugin, and selected the option under the plugin settings to delete everything associated with the plugin. I tried recreating the form numerous times and still get the 404 Error page when testing what the client sees. I'm baffled as to what the problem is.

chris37

Yes, it's the AliDropship Theme, but I didn't see a Contact Us page. I only seen the email address and phone number in the contact information. I also looked to see if I could build the page manually, but I don't see a way to build the form without a plugin.
Did you check your documentation how you can Install the theme Correctly?

Last edited:
What theme do you use?
You can find the tutorial how to install it here

https://help.alidropship.com/en/

I believe you didn't install the demo content and pages
Chris if I could reach out to you and hug you I would right now!!!
I visited the link you provided and there were instructions on customizing the Raphael Screen. All I had to do was select to "Add default Pages and Menus" back to the AliDropship Theme and I got a Contact Us page that actually works.
Having to tweak the Menus is a small price to pay for a solution.

Cheers! :)

Attachments

• Pages and Menus.PNG
    Pages and Menus.PNG
    218.3 KB · Views: 13