Woo Plugin Import Currency - why only USD?

ptadmin

Hello - I have seen this question asked by other users with no official solution given by AliDropship staff. Why is the default import currency USD and is there a way to make it another currency?

This is a critically required feature for several reasons:

- If I import a product with USD pricing and my store is set in AUD, I need to manually change the prices so I am not left out of pocket.
- If that product changes price and Alidropships updates the product on my store, it will revert to USD prices and I will charge AUD - again leaving me out of pocket. This could happen without my knowledge.
- If I am an Australian store, I want to sell in AUD - not in USD. My customers will question why I am charging in USD. Or may not notice at all, place an order and then complain about the price charged to their credit card.

I bought this plugin and it on the sales page and information pages, it is not made transparent that you can only import products in one currency. It feels deliberately misleading and I think your users deserve an answer and reason as to why this is not in the pipeline?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello - I have seen this question asked by other users with no official solution given by AliDropship staff. Why is the default import currency USD and is there a way to make it another currency?

- If I import a product with USD pricing and my store is set in AUD, I need to manually change the prices so I am not left out of pocket.
- If that product changes price and Alidropships updates the product on my store, it will revert to USD prices and I will charge AUD - again leaving me out of pocket. This could happen without my knowledge.
- If I am an Australian store, I want to sell in AUD - not in USD. My customers will question why I am charging in USD. Or may not notice at all, place an order and then complain about the price charged to their credit card.

I bought this plugin and it on the sales page and information pages, it is not made transparent that you can only import products in one currency. It feels deliberately misleading and I think your users deserve an answer and reason as to why this is not in the pipeline?
I put this question on our developers meeting agenda.

zafiafashion

@ptadmin has a very valid point. This too is frustrating me, having to change all the prices manually, and then if there is a pricing update again I have to change manually. What is the progress of this ?

Is there any update on this feature ?

Mar

If it is a critical problem as you said, everybody should have this problem. I am importing products from AliExpress with USD price. I never manually change the prices to any currency. All prices will be converted and displayed to the currency of your choice with the Currency Switcher and it is regardless of what currency was the price when the product was imported.

computel

how do you see the currencies in the plugin mine are blank
all it says is Currency Settings and nothing else don't see options