Woo importing is slow as hell

Alex Krustev

Hi ,
Can you please tell me how this import can be so slow?
I actually cannot use the plugin at all. When i used the alidropship it worked as charm.
I decide to switch to woo coz compatibility but it does not work.

Note:
- cache clearing
- browser restart
- reinstall

Please fix it coz its useless atm

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi ,
Can you please tell me how this import can be so slow?
I actually cannot use the plugin at all. When i used the alidropship it worked as charm.
I decide to switch to woo coz compatibility but it does not work.

Note:
- cache clearing
- browser restart
- reinstall

Please fix it coz its useless atm
Hello, this process is slower then with AliDropship original plugin because we need to store images on a server with WooCommerce. The more images has a product the longer import will last.

Ando

Hello

This might help.

When I import products to my store I import with no images or text. I pretty much strip all content from the import and only do the Product Title and Price.

I find this imports a product very quickly, plus it enables me to optimise (Photoshop) my selected images for my shop (reduce file size with no image quality loss) prior to uploading them manually to my store. I am also a firm believer in doing something once, which is why I prefer to strip the content completely and only adding the content correctly the first time.

I have also found a lot of the images on Aliexpress are ridiculous in file sizes (250kb+), you have to consider your customers who maybe loading your website via mobile data etc.

cherac

I hope you guys find a way, I am a web developer and have recommended you plugin to several clients, but the loading is ruining my business , spent two days and not even loaded 200 products , it just doesn't work , please need an urgent fix for the alids woo importing

Hello

This might help.

When I import products to my store I import with no images or text. I pretty much strip all content from the import and only do the Product Title and Price.

I find this imports a product very quickly, plus it enables me to optimise (Photoshop) my selected images for my shop (reduce file size with no image quality loss) prior to uploading them manually to my store. I am also a firm believer in doing something once, which is why I prefer to strip the content completely and only adding the content correctly the first time.

I have also found a lot of the images on Aliexpress are ridiculous in file sizes (250kb+), you have to consider your customers who maybe loading your website via mobile data etc.

Thanks @Ando ! That seems to works great I only wish there was a way the plugin can remove images / text by default or set it as a preference somehow as Im having to manually check it for each product. Can take a while when you have 200 - 400 products and a few websites :)

Bhavik

It's really slow importing on woo plugin... Why is it needed to upload images on the server? I could import 40 Products in 2 hours... that's way too slow...

Volker

Yup, and they are not improving it. All they can do is apologizing. I already had a bad verbal fight with them, because it drove me crazy to realize that simple basic functions are not implemented. I purchased the plugin a year ago, and I still haven't set it up. I do fulltime online business for many years, but I just can't be happy with Alidropship. The Wordpress plugin does not allow to filter for ePacket, but the Chrome extension does. The browser extension can only import the products on 1 site on Aliexpress, but the WP plugin can import an entire category. So I did not setup my store yet, because I just can;t decide which tool will give me less pain: the browser extension or the WP plugin. Why the heck are these smart people not capable of creating a plugin for WP with the same filter functions as the browser extension? Or why are they not able to create a browser extension which is capable of bulk-import from search results, and not only from 1 page? What ever they do, adding functions or make it look nicer, they just don't want to equalize the functionality of browser extension and WP plugin.

Yeah and the excuse that importing of 5 pictures with 150kB each takes 5 minutes, is a hilarious joke. Nobody will believe that. The Aliexpress picture download tool grabs all the pictures of 1 item within 5-10 seconds on my computer. Uploading 100 of those picturs to my dedicated server takes about 30 seconds from my PC.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Yup, and they are not improving it. All they can do is apologizing. I already had a bad verbal fight with them, because it drove me crazy to realize that simple basic functions are not implemented. I purchased the plugin a year ago, and I still haven't set it up. I do fulltime online business for many years, but I just can't be happy with Alidropship. The Wordpress plugin does not allow to filter for ePacket, but the Chrome extension does. The browser extension can only import the products on 1 site on Aliexpress, but the WP plugin can import an entire category. So I did not setup my store yet, because I just can;t decide which tool will give me less pain: the browser extension or the WP plugin. Why the heck are these smart people not capable of creating a plugin for WP with the same filter functions as the browser extension? Or why are they not able to create a browser extension which is capable of bulk-import from search results, and not only from 1 page? What ever they do, adding functions or make it look nicer, they just don't want to equalize the functionality of browser extension and WP plugin.

Yeah and the excuse that importing of 5 pictures with 150kB each takes 5 minutes, is a hilarious joke. Nobody will believe that. The Aliexpress picture download tool grabs all the pictures of 1 item within 5-10 seconds on my computer. Uploading 100 of those picturs to my dedicated server takes about 30 seconds from my PC.
Hello, AliDropship plugin and AliDropship Google Chrome extension work together - you can't use them separately and there is no need to do this! You can import product only via extension, and you can use filter by shipping method there as well as per country.
We have a detailed Knowledge Base : https://help.alidropship.com/
If you don't understand something or face with difficulties our support is ready to help, we always listen to our clients and make changes in our product to make it better.

shanil

Hi
when I try to import products the screen shows only these following massage massage

Import Products Go to Import List Use Direct Import

Please click Use the Direct Import button to start importing products from AliExpress into your store via Chrome Extension.

but in the tutorials, I found there is APPLY FILTER which is missing what happened to that options still available or any kind of error in my plugin

Thank you

Christina

Administrator
Hi
when I try to import products the screen shows only these following massage massage

Import Products Go to Import List Use Direct Import

Please click Use the Direct Import button to start importing products from AliExpress into your store via Chrome Extension.

but in the tutorials, I found there is APPLY FILTER which is missing what happened to that options still available or any kind of error in my plugin

Thank you

Hello, shanil!

This option is no longer available, indeed.

waterlion

So yea... I've spent the last 2 weeks trying to figure out why my woocommerce site (7000 items, with 11,000 comments) was slow.

Such a frustrating experience.

I implemented Redis, Elasticsearch (for faster database queries), upscaled my server to 8GB of Ram + 4 Cores, had over 5 different technicians try to make adjustments to the server.

I went down the route of clustering (having multiple servers) but still no luck.

As it turns out... the issue is in 2 areas:

1. Woocommerce doesn't (Yet) support dedicated tables. Instead it stores everything on a ridiculously slow wp_postmeta table. They are working on an upgrade to their databases structures, but so far, this will be several months away.

2. The Alidropship Woo plugin is definitely slow during imports. I asked my host to enable up to 4 PHP workers (which is very optimal for high-load servers). The Alidropship woo ended up using ALL workers (whatever that means), thus timing out the server. Alidropship needs to slow-down and limit resource usage while importing (or have a feature that limits resource usage).

3. When enabled, Alidropship can be extremely slow, causing the Time to first byte (TTFB), take 3-5 seconds (which is way above the Google recommended 200ms).

Hence, Alidropship Woo should be experimental, and still under development, rather than part of the ADS releases.

I dropped Alidropship (original ADS) because it's not optimal for setting up a store. It's extremely limited in it's functionality, and doesn't support the huge Woocommerce plugin database (especially bulk editing of certain attributes.

For now, I'll be going back to Shopify (with their bullshit one by one aliexpress import apps).

Alidropship is still FAR superior in its import and cashback capabilities than anything on shopify (atleast anything publicly available), but that's about it.