Why is the default currency suddenly USD

sha77

I am selling products for customers in Europe, so I like to keep the currency in Euro. It is also the default on my shop and what I see before pressing "Place order automatically". However, since 2-3 weeks ago any order pops up in AliExpress with USD for all customers. This adds some extra work with each order. Is this a change made by AE or in the Alidropship plugin, and most important, how do I fix this?

zenithsaw

Hi have you added an additional currency? it is under main menu- settings- currency. this should be fine, i recently updated with different currencies.

sha77

Sure, I'm using Euro both as Default currency and Default database currency. All other currencies are enabled, along with currency location. But I'm located in Europe and not using a proxy, so geolocation shouldn't be a problem.

sha77

I did get a response from Alidropship support that the change is due to AliExpress. Perhaps the best would be to bug AliExpress support, unless Alidropship comes up with a workaround.

sha77

56 years after... That's if you're lucky. ;) Most of the time they misunderstand the question.

Mar

56 years after... That's if you're lucky. ;) Most of the time they misunderstand the question.
If I understand you well, your problem is the default currency of AliExpress and it was in Euro in the past. In my country, AliExpress currency is always in US dollars, never our currency, that is why I am really wondering about it. You must understand that you and alidropship team have no control over AliExpress. If you are thinking of bugging AliExpress support, not only 56 years, what you want will never happen.

Direct Webstore

Stop over analyzing my joke. lol ;)

In my country
One of these days I will find out what country that is. I'm guessing Russia or one of the ex-Soviet countries ... or maybe even Spain or another Spanish speaking country.

To Hell with it ... I'm putting $20 on Lithuania. lol ;)

Last edited: