Variation images extremely bad quality

Dimitrios

I had the same problem with Flatsome. Just unclick at jetpack the option which loads your images from their server.

kukiman

I guess the problem is that when importing product from Aliexpress, sometimes the variation images are just small, they look good as variations mini photos however as a full scale photos - they are very low quality due to pixel scaling. Can somebody confirm :) ?

Arnaldo

@Dylan-

1. Check your Woocommerce product image settings under customization tab.

2. Take one of your product featured image like the one you showed. Do right click on Chrome and choose "inspect" to open console.

3. Click on the featured image after having selected the "arrow" button on the chrome console and click your image.

Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 21.17.55.png

Chrome console will display the dimension of your image in pixel.

If you use Flatsome default layout which is 50/50% column width like the one you use, correct image thumbnails should be 510px.

4. Go to Woocommerce product image size settings and use the following:

- featured image = 510 px
- Shop/gallery thumbnail = 247 px
- Crop ratio 1:1 (square) because most images on Ali are like that.

Once done, let Woocommerce regenerate thumbnails in the background or use "Force regenerate thumbnails" plugins to reset all you thumbnails.

Normally that should fix your issue.

Flatsome docs had a tutorial on this but the page has been removed since...

Cheers.

Last edited:

kukiman

@Dylan-

1. Check your Woocommerce product image settings under customization tab.

2. Take one of your product featured image like the one you showed. Do right click on Chrome and choose "inspect" to open console.

3. Click on the featured image after having selected the "arrow" button on the chrome console and click your image.

View attachment 6699

Chrome console will display the dimension of your image in pixel.

If you use Flatsome default layout which is 50/50% column width like the one you use, correct image thumbnails should be 510px.

4. Go to Woocommerce product image size settings and use the following:

- featured image = 510 px
- Shop/gallery thumbnail = 247 px
- Crop ratio 1:1 (square) because most images on Ali are like that.

Once done, let Woocommerce regenerate thumbnails in the background or use "Force regenerate thumbnails" plugins to reset all you thumbnails.

Cheers.

I just did it, and the problem is - many of my thumbnails disappeared, they are not there now

This is what I got now, just the photo name, and no actual photo , I tried deleting chace, didnt help

Attachments

• zdjecie.JPG
    zdjecie.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 10