UX Issue with Product Variations

Alex

Hi,

Variations on product page don't stay visible if out of stock. They disappear, making it confusing experience experience for the user. I believe this is a CSS issue, but not sure how to fix.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi,

Variations on product page don't stay visible if out of stock. They disappear, making it confusing experience experience for the user. I believe this is a CSS issue, but not sure how to fix.
Hello Alex, yes if the variation is out of stock it is not visible, because customer can't buy it.

Alex

Hello Alex, yes if the variation is out of stock it is not visible, because customer can't buy it.

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for the quick response. I understand what you are saying, but can we just have it so the variation is "grayed out" instead of gone? As mentioned before, it makes the user experience very confusing, as out of stock variations will appear when a user clicks on a specific size. If you'd like an example of what I mean, please let me know and I will PM you a link to a product.

Thanks,
Alex

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria,

Thanks for the quick response. I understand what you are saying, but can we just have it so the variation is "grayed out" instead of gone? As mentioned before, it makes the user experience very confusing, as out of stock variations will appear when a user clicks on a specific size. If you'd like an example of what I mean, please let me know and I will PM you a link to a product.

Thanks,
Alex
I see what you mean. It looks like you have different colors in different size. So you might have all colors of S size on your site and just 2 in M. Why is it confusing?

Alex

I see what you mean. It looks like you have different colors in different size. So you might have all colors of S size on your site and just 2 in M. Why is it confusing?

It's confusing because not all the variations and sizes appear at first and the user has to click around aimlessly just for the appropriate size to appear. Go here: https://alphatacticals.com/emersongear-tactical-load-bearing-utility-molle-belt/ and see what I mean. Why can't the options just be grayed out? It's such a simpler and more user-friendly way to display in-stock and out of stock items....

Thanks,
Alex