Update to new php version

Hi,

I've updated my site to PHP version 7.1
Now i get the message: Ooops! You installed AliDropship Woo plugin for PHP 5.6 - 7.0, but your version of PHP is 7.1.21. Please download and install AliDropship Woo plugin for PHP 7.1.

After i did this and i tried to upload the plugin, i get the message that the target directory already exists.

Do i have to delete the old alidswoo directory? Am i losing orders or products on my website?

Mar

Hi,

I've updated my site to PHP version 7.1
Now i get the message: Ooops! You installed AliDropship Woo plugin for PHP 5.6 - 7.0, but your version of PHP is 7.1.21. Please download and install AliDropship Woo plugin for PHP 7.1.

After i did this and i tried to upload the plugin, i get the message that the target directory already exists.

Do i have to delete the old alidswoo directory? Am i losing orders or products on my website?
You don't mention if you deactivated and deleted the old plugin before installing the other.

Mar

No, i did not. Because i'm afraid of losing content. That's my question. If i'm deleting the old plugin, will my products be deleted or not?
Delete the plugin and replace, that is the procedure. You don't lose anything. There is a lot of discussion about it in this forum.

Sunster

Staff member
No, i did not. Because i'm afraid of losing content. That's my question. If i'm deleting the old plugin, will my products be deleted or not?

No, don't worry as all data is in your database. But i'll use this opportunity to also remind you/everyone to always remember to have up to date backups.