Tracking sales

JulienB

Hello guys,

This is maybe a stupid question but I still need confirmation :)

Is is normal that the FB Pixel doesn't track all the sales that occur on the website?
Because I made sales but I don't know where the guys come from. I'm only advertising on FB/Insta.

How can I get tracking information about these sales?

Thanks

JulienB

Make sure you install FB pixel and add the event tracker to the checkout and cart page.
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ads-for-websites/pixel-events/v3.0

You simply add another snippet after the FB pixel base code. i.e. AddToCart for cart page Implementation varies depending on how you setup your FB pixel.

You can also do it by using "Goals" on Google Analytics simply watch out for the checkout url.
Thanks EfraimDiveroli. I didn't made any adaptation about FB pixel code because it is written in the codex that the FB pixel is already setup by the alidropship plugin. We still need to modify the pixel code?

Thanks for your help.

I am unsure with the alidropship plugin as I am using Google tag manager for handling that. From the Google tag manager I create a firing pixel whenever somebody visits the cart and checkout page. Same goes for Google Analytics Goals.

You can utilize Google tag manager with the Alidropship plugin and control the tags/pixels from there. Or alternatively you can maybe use the official plugin of Pixel(do they have one?)